Things you just hate in the world

Started by Dark Passenger, May 26, 2010, 04:35:29 AM

Author
Things you just hate in the world (Read 400,907 times)

Voodoo Magic

Often I use "bigger fan" which might not always be the best choice of words. Like when I see someone's huge AvP collection and mine looks miniscule in comparison I'll say "Wow, you're a bigger fan than me!"  I said that to a Predator 2 fan too recently who watches the film once a month, twelve months a year. "Wow, you're a bigger Predator 2 fan than I am!" But are they really? When economics or available time comes into play? But sometimes when they're not in play, is it a fair guage? I don't know. Oh well. Introspection over.  :laugh:

Master Chief

How often do you watch it?

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: HuDaFuK on May 28, 2021, 12:21:54 PM
These "real fan" dickheads who act as though anyone who dares to criticise/doesn't blindly adore every aspect of a franchise/artist is somehow inferior to them.

Indeed, or like when a Lore is based on the mythology of a country, and the fans of that country act as if they are the only ones the IP should please or something like that.  ::)

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Master Chief on May 28, 2021, 02:12:55 PM

3-4 times a year.  ;D

Local Trouble

What about The Predator?

Master Chief

It's playing in a continuous loop at Voodoo's house.

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on May 28, 2021, 03:39:40 PM
Quote from: Master Chief on May 28, 2021, 02:12:55 PM

3-4 times a year.  ;D
You're not the fan I thought you were.  ;)

Voodoo Magic

:laugh:

I definitely used to watch it more, but as of late, the video game bug bit me and Predator Hunting Grounds has been occupying more of my late nights this past year. It's affected my film repeat viewings of all the films. I just finally rewatched the theatrical cut of Aliens this past weekend, which I was way overdue on.

Quote from: Local Trouble on May 28, 2021, 03:50:31 PM
What about The Predator?

Hah. Once a year I guess. The only A & P film not in my rotation is Alien Resurrection. (Sorry AR fans!)

BlueMarsalis79

Destiny

[cancerblack]

Quote from: Trash Queen on May 29, 2021, 10:04:36 PM
Destiny

The metaphysical concept, the game, or the streamer?

Quote from: Immortan Jonesy on May 28, 2021, 03:25:45 PM
These "real fan" dickheads who act as though anyone who dares to criticise/doesn't blindly adore every aspect of a franchise/artist is somehow inferior to them.

Indeed, or like when a Lore is based on the mythology of a country, and the fans of that country act as if they are the only ones the IP should please or something like that.  ::)

Do you mean The Witcher and Poles?

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: [cancerblack] on May 29, 2021, 10:24:57 PM
Quote from: Immortan Jonesy on May 28, 2021, 03:25:45 PM

Do you mean The Witcher and Poles?

Crazy Rich

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

The Witcher's funnily enough the only property I can think of that uses the concept properly.

But yes I loathe the Bungie created one.

Never heard of the streamer but I like the YouTube channel that's to do with speculative science and such things.

Huggs

Huggs

Graffiti

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Huggs on May 31, 2021, 01:47:04 AMGraffiti

When it's just vandalism, yes.

When it's done in designated places as a form of art, I quite like it.

BlueMarsalis79

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed