Things you just hate in the world

Started by Dark Passenger, May 26, 2010, 04:35:29 AM

Author
Things you just hate in the world (Read 400,789 times)

The PredBen

The PredBen

For a long time, all I listened to was oldies music (that and movie/video game soundtracks.) Now, after exposing myself more to modern artists, I can probably name 8 modern artists/bands that I don't mind.

On topic, I hate Monster energy drinks. Briefly liked them for a little while, but they're still my least favorite brand of energy drink.

First Blood

Quote from: The PredBen on Apr 12, 2012, 03:10:39 AM
For a long time, all I listened to was oldies music (that and movie/video game soundtracks.) Now, after exposing myself more to modern artists, I can probably name 8 modern artists/bands that I don't mind.

It's always good to expand one's horizons. :)

The PredBen

Quote from: First Blood on Apr 12, 2012, 03:13:32 AM

Indeed. I mean, I had the attitude "all modern music is terrible." And then somebody on youtube said "hey, the 70s had bad music you don't hear anymore too - it's called disco." Now, I don't particularly hate disco, but the point came across and made me realize each decade has its lousy music.

Cvalda

Cvalda

Quote from: The PredBen on Apr 12, 2012, 03:17:28 AM
Indeed. I mean, I had the attitude "all modern music is terrible." And then somebody on youtube said "hey, the 70s had bad music you don't hear anymore too - it's called disco." Now, I don't particularly hate disco, but the point came across and made me realize each decade has its lousy music.
Say what you want about disco, but the level of craft that went into disco far outranks the effort that goes into club music today--back then, you actually had to be able to sing, play the instruments, and also often have someone do orchestration. Nowadays, some overinflated ego sits at a console, selects a drum beat, layers on a couple synth effects, applies autotune to a mediocre vocal, and done.

SM

SM

Quote from: The PredBen on Apr 12, 2012, 03:17:28 AM
Quote from: First Blood on Apr 12, 2012, 03:13:32 AM

And in the 70s they had punk to rebel against their 'lousy music' like safe/ boring/ mainstream/ prog rock.

r888

r888

People that won't say hi to me

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Assuming they know you well enough to care? :P

r888

r888

Quote from: DoomRulz on Apr 13, 2012, 02:55:45 AM

My next door won't say hi to me, I haven't done anything wrong to them

Predator Queen

Quote from: r888 on Apr 14, 2012, 05:54:27 AM

Wow I thought I was the only one who said "the next doors"

Cvalda

Cvalda

I hate being called "sweetie" or "honey" by any guy who is either
a) not my boyfriend
b) straight

Predator Queen

Quote from: Cvalda on Apr 14, 2012, 06:03:57 AM
a) not my boyfriend
b) straight
I hate being called that period... I dont care who you are I will f*cking smack you!

Bat Chain Puller

Quote from: r888 on Apr 14, 2012, 05:54:27 AM

I don't say high to anyone of my neighbors. They are always out there and we're always coming and going. f**k having to wave and smile every time we glimpse each other. Sometimes I have my arms full. Sometimes I have my mouth full. And "hi" almost always leads to some lonely neighbor wandering into my yard to corner me into small talk. f**k that, I's has to GO!

Quote from: Predator Queen on Apr 14, 2012, 06:07:37 AM
a) not my boyfriend
b) straight
I hate being called that period... I dont care who you are I will f*cking smack you!

I'd hate being called "That period" too ... that's just gross.

I hate being called Chris. I am not Chris. Never have been. Never will be. Yet ... people insist on calling me Chris.  :-\

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: Predator Queen on Apr 14, 2012, 06:07:37 AM
a) not my boyfriend
b) straight

Even if it's coming from a guy who you know is a genuinely nice guy?

Cvalda

Cvalda

Quote from: DoomRulz on Apr 14, 2012, 07:16:42 PM
Even if it's coming from a guy who you know is a genuinely nice guy?
I still wouldn't like it. It's patronizing and sexist. Straight guys don't go around calling each other those things, why have different standards for women? We're not children, for chrissake. ;)

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

How is it sexist? It's just a term of endearment. I call some of my lady friends that, they don't seem to have a problem with it.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed