Things you just hate in the world

Started by Dark Passenger, May 26, 2010, 04:35:29 AM

Author
Things you just hate in the world (Read 400,835 times)

Ghostface

Ghostface

Quote from: Terx2 on Jul 26, 2011, 05:00:03 AM
Quote from: Keg on Jul 25, 2011, 06:55:56 PM
Quote from: Terx2 on Jul 23, 2011, 05:07:10 AM
I also hate racist people and religious people >:(. I hate people who judge people by the color of there skin and there believes >:(.

I presume you meant beliefs? If so youve just contradicted yourself. In one sentence you say you hate religious people and in the next you say you hate people who judge others because of their beliefs. Well you yourself are doing just that by hating somebody because they are a deeply religious person.

I think I know what you probably meant but youve worded it horribly and it comes across as stupid. I think you probably mean you hate people who are so devout to their religion that they force it upon others wether they want to hear it or not. I know the type and they annoy the hell out of me. But I dont hate them for being religious, its their pushy, ignorant behaviour and attitude that I dislike, not the fact they are deeply religous.

I think this is what you might have meant because if its not then youve just massively contradicted yourself.

Sorry I did mean beliefs :-[. I dislike people that judge people of because of there beliefs like saying that your god is wrong and acting aggresive towards other people because of there beleifs. The person themself not there beliefs.

I respect everyones opinon on god and the afterlife. But using that as an excuse to act like an asshole is now way to treat another human being. I like people who treat each other with respect even thought they an Muslim, Jewish or Christian.

I'm an atheist and I know a few people that act differnetly towards me because I don't beleive in god. They try to convince me into believing god.They try to force me to believe in god. That behavour is what I hate.

Exactly. Imagine you told them there was no god and spent all your time trying to convince them?

Effectz

Effectz

Cant stand cockblocker's

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

LOL that gif. :laugh:

maledoro

maledoro

Quote from: Crazy Rich on Jul 25, 2011, 07:20:14 PMWell I'm Christian - Protestant but believe me when I say I don't believe every word in the Bible, but that doesn't mean it should be thrown away because some idiots in Italy f**ked up, there are still valuable lessons in the Bible we can learn from.
Yep. You just gotta pick and choose the passages you like and shitcan the rest. Afterall, who cares what your god says, right?

Quote from: Crazy Rich on Jul 25, 2011, 07:20:14 PMAlso believe me when I say, I don't go to church. The reason being the type of people Keg pointed out, I don't need to be told I'm going to hell or something by some preist because of some idiotic reason. I honour my God in my own way and I honour that others can choose to believe what they want to believe. I have friends who are fellow Christians as well as Muslims, Jews, and Atheist all because we are smart and tolerant enough to put those differences aside for friendship.
That's right: do it cafeteria style. If you don't agree with what your god says, ignore it. That's the best way to love him.

Quote from: Keg on Jul 25, 2011, 11:04:34 PMIts not for me but I like that if some people get solace from it or get guidance from it (or any religious text for that matter) then thats a good thing.
Wouldn't that depend on the guidance? Parts of the Bible tell us to kill people.

Quote from: Keg on Jul 25, 2011, 11:04:34 PMIf somebody recognises a holy book isnt stone cold fact but they like the ideas, themes, messages contained within, so they choose to live their lives by it, then thats fantastic. Its when people take them literally and become fanatical about it that it becomes a problem.
Problem is that holy books are not only guides for their followers to live their lives and to worship their god(s) (or goddess(es)), but to do those things to the letter. You can't just pick and choose what parts of a holy book to follow and to ignore. If you honestly believe in and worship a deity, you would be a hypocrite or a heathen for not obeying their every word.

Quote from: Keg on Jul 25, 2011, 11:04:34 PMTheres a big argument that Religion is the root cause of almost every conflict. I dont think thats true. Religion is the excuse thats all. Humans have always fought each other and religion is simply the easy option to blame.
It's pretty hard to defend religion when a holy book does instruct its followers to harm others.

Quote from: Keg on Jul 25, 2011, 11:04:34 PMOn a small scale I think its great. As an example, my grandmother (who is Italian and Roman Catholic) prays every night for every member of her family, alive or dead, and she says each name in her prayers. It takes her almost half an hour to do it every night and to me that is crazy. But for her it makes her happy and gives her a little bit of comfort. On that level its quite sweet and its what religion should do for people, not make them fanatical morons that wont hear it any other way.
I'm in no way saying that she is, but would you consider your grandmother to be a "fanatical moron that won't hear it any other way" if you told her that she's taking comfort in something that lacks evidence?

Quote from: Keg on Jul 25, 2011, 11:04:34 PMAs someone who isnt religious at all, I certainly dont hate religion, I just hate the idiots that use it as an excuse for their hatred of others. Unfortunately thats never going to change, its been like that for thousands of years so it aint gonna stop now.
As long as those idiots follow a holy book that promotes violence within its passages, no, it isn't going stop at all.

what if you believe that the bible is flawed on purpose, and it is a test for the rightous to determine what bits are important and what bits aren't?

maledoro

maledoro

Quote from: AvatarIII on Jul 26, 2011, 02:28:52 PMwhat if you believe that the bible is flawed on purpose, and it is a test for the rightous to determine what bits are important and what bits aren't?
First, if I were a deity in the stripe of Yahweh, I would make damned sure you fully understood what I said and follow through on it. Secondly, the Bible has been around a long time. I doubt if its god would let such conflict go on this long.

Keg

Keg

Quote from: maledoro on Jul 26, 2011, 02:24:42 PM

Quote from: Keg on Jul 25, 2011, 11:04:34 PMOn a small scale I think its great. As an example, my grandmother (who is Italian and Roman Catholic) prays every night for every member of her family, alive or dead, and she says each name in her prayers. It takes her almost half an hour to do it every night and to me that is crazy. But for her it makes her happy and gives her a little bit of comfort. On that level its quite sweet and its what religion should do for people, not make them fanatical morons that wont hear it any other way.
I'm in no way saying that she is, but would you consider your grandmother to be a "fanatical moron that won't hear it any other way" if you told her that she's taking comfort in something that lacks evidence?

No not at all. Because she doesnt do that because she has been told to do it, or because she feels if she doesnt ill will come of her and her family, she does it off her own back because she chooses to. She grew up in a religous family and its her own choice that she does that. She doesnt tell me or other members of the family that we should be doing it as well and I wouldnt tell her she shouldnt be doing it because I think its pointless. I just wouldnt even go there. She respects that I'm not interested and she wouldnt question that, and I wouldnt question her on it for the same reason.

For some reason, of which I am ignorant, it gives her a little pbit peace of mind, and if that works for her, who I am, or anybody else to say otherwise. 

Thats the part of religions I like. The little day to day things that keep people like my little auld nana happy  ;D
No harm in that at all. Religion doesnt have to be so black and white as you seem to bluntly put it Mal. you make it sound like my nana mustnt be religious because she doesnt take the entire Bible and live every facet of her life by it. If people are taking the good messages out of it and living their lives by it then thats a positive thing in my mind.

And your point earlier about saying it is religions fault if somebody who follows it devoutly does so to the point of becoming a fanatic I disagree with. Sure these religious texts might lead people to be fanatical and hate on others but who wrote them in the first place? Man did. Its in our nature to fight and be territorial and that just comes across in our various religous texts down the years, not the other way around. We arent violent because religion tells us to be that way to get rid of "infidels", we are violent because we are violent full stop and we wrote those texts to begin with. 

maledoro

maledoro

Quote from: Keg on Jul 26, 2011, 03:23:27 PMNo not at all. Because she doesnt do that because she has been told to do it, or because she feels if she doesnt ill will come of her and her family, she does it off her own back because she chooses to.
That's not what I had asked.

Quote from: Keg on Jul 26, 2011, 03:23:27 PMShe grew up in a religous family and its her own choice that she does that.
Could that be where she got the idea to do that originally?

Quote from: Keg on Jul 26, 2011, 03:23:27 PMShe doesnt tell me or other members of the family that we should be doing it as well and I wouldnt tell her she shouldnt be doing it because I think its pointless. I just wouldnt even go there. She respects that I'm not interested and she wouldnt question that, and I wouldnt question her on it for the same reason.
The point is that she is doing it and sticking to her guns. And you wouldn't call that fanaticism?

Quote from: Keg on Jul 26, 2011, 03:23:27 PMReligion doesnt have to be so black and white as you seem to bluntly put it Mal. you make it sound like my nana mustnt be religious because she doesnt take the entire Bible and live every facet of her life by it. If people are taking the good messages out of it and living their lives by it then thats a positive thing in my mind.
So, what if she's not doing what her god wants her to do?

Quote from: Keg on Jul 26, 2011, 03:23:27 PMAnd your point earlier about saying it is religions fault if somebody who follows it devoutly does so to the point of becoming a fanatic I disagree with. Sure these religious texts might lead people to be fanatical and hate on others but who wrote them in the first place? Man did.
Okay, now we have a paradox. On one hand, the whole idea that there is a god named Yahweh that should be worshipped by his followers comes from those same books and he had assigned those men to tell others what's on his mind. You can't just hijack someone's god and say he approves of your ways and no one else's.

On the other hand, if the Bible is indeed a fabrication of men, then why give even an ounce of creedence to it? If the Bible is where the idea of the Judeo-Xtian god comes from, and you're going to dump out parts of the Bible with which you do not agree, why even believe in that god? Why not admit that you're worshipping him in a half-assed way and get back on the path or just look for another god to worship? Plus, if you know that the Bible is totally fabricated by men, then you would know that the idea of this god would be complete and utter bullshit.

Quote from: Keg on Jul 26, 2011, 03:23:27 PMIts in our nature to fight and be territorial and that just comes across in our various religous texts down the years, not the other way around. We arent violent because religion tells us to be that way to get rid of "infidels", we are violent because we are violent full stop and we wrote those texts to begin with.
So, you're saying that there aren't any people who are gullible enough to do anything to curry favor from their god? Wow.

DoomRulz

Keg

Keg

Mal im not even going to bother continuing this discussion with you because youve got a very closed, blinkard view on things from what I can see and we'll only end up arguing and theres no point.

Crazy Rich

I'm pretty sure God didn't write the Bible, monks did, and how on earth did those monks know exactly what God wanted? I'm pretty sure no one has spoken to God except for those who have died and moved on.

I have faith that how I honour my God he doesn't mind at all. If it is even remotely possible for people like me and my friends to be best friends with many different backgrounds than I'm sure God isn't the strict, angry and forceful god people make him out to be.

I believe my God wants me to do one thing for him, live well.

Like Keg, I'm no longer touching this with a 50 foot pole as I am more than sastisfied.

Keg

Keg

Im quite happy to have a discussion but when somebody tries so hard to misinterpret what your saying just so they can disagree on every point, its only going to end up in an argument, which is maybe what he wants.

Crazy Rich

I copy. I have that feeling too.

Master Chief

Quote from: Keg on Jul 26, 2011, 08:18:01 PM
Im
You forgot the apostrophe.

quite happy to have a discussion
"Quite" does not add any emphasis on your feelings to have a discussion.  Using the word "happy" would get the same point across.

but when somebody tries so hard to misinterpret
Once again, you are trying to add emphasis by using the word "so".

what your saying just so they can disagree on every point,
I am sure you mean, "you're".

its only going to end up in an argument, which is maybe what he wants.

Its as an indication of possession or did you mean it's as in it is?

Spoiler
I'm kidding, Keg:D
[close]

The PredBen

I hate missing good conversations ... f**k it decent ones  :laugh: .

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed