Hicks's death

Started by Xenomorph, May 07, 2008, 12:58:15 AM

Author
Hicks's death (Read 21,742 times)

Undeadite

Undeadite

Thats a shot from his chest looking up towards his destroyed head. You can see the arms and teeth.

Purebreedalien

Purebreedalien

Quote from: SM on Jun 13, 2008, 04:58:01 AM
No it's generally called an Assembly Cut.

It was pieced together by Charles de Lauzirika.  Fincher had nothing to do with it, ergo it's not a directors cut.
No it is a Special Edition ;) Here's what it says beneath the ALIEN 3 SPECIAL EDITION SCENE SELECTION part of the booklet which came with the Quadrilogy:

Following it's troubled production and controversial release, ALIEN 3 slowly became something of a curiosity among serious enthusiasts of the ALIEN series. Not only would its first-time director, David Fincher, go on to become one of Hollywood's most sought after filmmakers but the film itself would generate quite a mistique thanks to heated rumours of creative interferance, lost scenes and even a completely different cut of the film that supposedly restored Fincher's original version of what may be believed to be a seriously compromised work.
Rumour control, here are the facts. There is no wonderous lost "director's cut" of ALIEN 3. It doesn't exist. Indeed, for such a dream to be realised, Fincher would have to be allowed to remake the film from scratch with complete creative control. What does exist is something perhaps equally fascinating.

After that it just goes on to say about the extra 30 minuites footage.

SM

SM

QuoteNo it is a Special Edition

Note my use of the term "generally called".  Because among fans that's what it's generally called.

Cromartie

Cromartie

Quote from: Porkus Maximus on May 09, 2008, 12:49:36 PM
I think the full question is;  "Where is lieutenant Ripley, is she still alive?".  At least in the theatrical, it's been a long time since I watched any other cut of the movie.

I've always wondered about Bishop too, I always felt like he was dodging her questions when he asked to be disconnected.

which makes me think Was bishop in on it the whole time?

SM

SM

Based on?

Private Hudson

Private Hudson

I doubt Bishop could ever be considered a bad guy, he did of course help Ripley/Marines alot in Aliens.

Flaming Firefox

Flaming Firefox

I'm still sad about that death. That was a real sucky way for a badass marine like Hicks to die.  :-X
I wouldn't have minded him getting killed in battle by an Alien, but poor guy...

Private Hudson

Private Hudson

Yeah, he should've gotten a btter death, but he didn't feel anything anyway.

WisePredator

WisePredator

Quote from: maledoro on May 07, 2008, 02:08:14 AM
Some would say Hicks was the "strong, silent" type. Under the right circumstances, he could really open up:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v338/maledoro/Alien/b19eaecf-1.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v338/maledoro/Alien/b19eaecf.jpg
That's... That's just wrong! *Runs to bathroom* :-X

Undeadite

Undeadite

Whats the matter? Cant take a little silicon and corn syrup?  ;)

WisePredator

WisePredator

I can take it, it's just that it looks so real. And that you can't imagine something like that happening to a memorable character.

Flaming Firefox

Flaming Firefox

Quote from: WisePredator on Jun 21, 2008, 09:10:58 AM
I can take it, it's just that it looks so real. And that you can't imagine something like that happening to a memorable character.

Same here. When you think of Hicks from Aliens you think, poor guy!

maledoro

maledoro

Was he the one with the foul mouth who got dragged under the floor by the aliens, or was he that robot guy?

Chris P

Chris P

Quote from: maledoro on Jun 21, 2008, 10:18:50 PM
Was he the one with the foul mouth who got dragged under the floor by the aliens, or was he that robot guy?
NEITHER!  Her was the dude who helped Riply get NUTE, or so they tried.  He was the one and only marine survivor, next to Bishop.  Hudson was the bad-mouth.  Hicks was your average "hero-guy".  I think he and riply had a "moment" too. ::). :D.

WisePredator

WisePredator

Quote from: maledoro on Jun 21, 2008, 10:18:50 PM
He was the strong silent type. :P

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed