Poll: Which Alien origin theory do you prefer?

Started by happypred, Mar 16, 2008, 03:04:01 PM

Which Alien origin theory do you prefer?

Bioweapons designed by the Pilot/Jockey race
55 (64%)
Natural evolution on their homeworld (sort of like in Female War)
31 (36%)

Total Members Voted: 83

Author
Poll: Which Alien origin theory do you prefer? (Read 26,815 times)

Da-Wolf

suddenly the ship malfunctions and crashes into an unknown planetwich the hunters had never visited before, from all the Hunter's on the ship, the only survivor is a youngblod.  Alone on the alien planet he meets his worst nightmare, a creature like nothing he had seen before stands in front of him, and the hunter, altought trained to face difficult situations, fails in desesperation and runs away from the unknow creature but later decides to do a stand agains it, for that's what a good hunter does, he goes in direct combat with the creature until it stabs it with his wristblades, thinking he has achieved victory he calms himselfdown, just so his arm suffers the consequences of dealing with the p[erfect organism, he's captured by more of the same creatures and cacooned in front of a weird organism that looks like an egg, he manages to scape and it's rescued by some comrades, on the ship an Alien burst out of him and the predators star using them........

Wolf Sazen

Wolf Sazen

I think it's scarier that even the Jockey's were caught off guard by them(aliens).  I like them being the most dangerous organism in the galaxy, not able to be harnessed by any species.

megachu17

^^ i agree, which i y i prefer the 'created' theory, if they r natural, then they hav natural predators(they would hav to be killed as fast as they breed to keep the population in check), and i lik them being the ultimate killing machines...

Ratchetcomand

Ratchetcomand

Quote from: Uncanny Antman on Mar 17, 2008, 09:00:33 AM
None of the above.

I agree, i just hate the idea of alien origin theory of them being weapons.

maledoro

Quote from: megachu17 on Apr 22, 2008, 01:48:34 AM
^^ i agree, which i y i prefer the 'created' theory, if they r natural, then they hav natural predators(they would hav to be killed as fast as they breed to keep the population in check), and i lik them being the ultimate killing machines...
They could still be the ultimate killing machines. Their natural enemy might be deadly only to them.

Eldritch_DM

I prefer the bio-weapon created by the Jockies. But what makes the xenos so creepy and cool is that no one knows where the hell they came from so, its better if we not know.

maledoro

Quote from: Lord-Naraku on Apr 22, 2008, 01:12:06 PM
I prefer the bio-weapon created by the Jockies. But what makes the xenos so creepy and cool is that no one knows where the hell they came from so, its better if we not know.
I've always felt that it would be creepier if nature would create something like that on its own. It would make you wonder what other creatures had existed in the aliens' ecosphere.

The bioweapon out-of-control concept may sound cool, but it would make the Alien universe seem too much like the universes seen in Star Trek or Star Wars (where there are different intelligent aliens tooling around in their spaceships and interacting with each other), just by the idea that the Jockeys would have to create the aliens to battle yet another species. That pretty much goes against Brandywine's vision that mankind is alone in the universe and that the Jockey ship serves no more than a reason for the Nostromo's crew to encounter the alien.

Thanks to the aliens-as-bioweapon concept, we now have the "Aliens" comics and books that feature the Jockeys to various extents and they are interacting with humans; one of the reasons the fans of the films bemoan the comics (and Dark Horse books).

Alienseseses

I think natural evolution... but I don't think they have a homeworld. I think they drift in space, waiting for unsuspecting hosts.

maledoro

Quote from: Alienseseses on Apr 22, 2008, 01:53:44 PM
I don't think they have a homeworld. I think they drift in space, waiting for unsuspecting hosts.
If that were the case, wouldn't we have encountered them on other worlds? By the time of Aliens, we had surveyed over 300 worlds. Sure, we didn't find the aliens on LV-426 until Burke's memo, but 202 years later, not only did we still not find them on even more worlds, but I feel that there was an actual effort being made by the United Systems Military to seek them out.

Alienseseses

I don't think they lie on planets. I think it was like the Nostromo thing. They found the aliens in a crashed ship. Perhaps the jockies found them on another ship.

More like a cancerous growth than an indigenous lifeform. The aliens don't just dwell in the universe, they own it.

Eldritch_DM

The aliens don't just dwell in the universe, they own it.
[/quote]

Yes...yes... and yes.  ;)  ;D Well, I can see from you guys standing points that it would be very scary and creepy that nature for reasons unknown created the xenos as part of some hellish evolution process. Interesting...

maledoro

Quote from: Alienseseses on Apr 22, 2008, 02:20:53 PM
I don't think they lie on planets. I think it was like the Nostromo thing. They found the aliens in a crashed ship. Perhaps the jockies found them on another ship.
The derelict didn't look like it had crashed. Either way, if you choose nature (such as I do), they would have to originate on some planet.

KidPresentable

KidPresentable

I like to think of them as natural organisms removed from their habitat (chazzwazzers!). The "unstoppable bio-engineered weapons" thing is so cliche. But I'd rather not have an origin at all.

Da-Wolf

I rather them not had been created by the jockies, but found, they try to use them as weapons and fail, and the ship on LV-whatever is the result of the aliens being uncontrolable

maledoro

Quote from: Da-Wolf on Apr 22, 2008, 08:13:42 PM
I rather them not had been created by the jockies, but found, they try to use them as weapons and fail, and the ship on LV-whatever is the result of the aliens being uncontrolable
...or the ship crewed by the Jockeys who had first discovered the aliens...

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed