'Space Jockeys' according to the Alien 1979 novel

Started by Mr. Weyland, May 19, 2010, 01:36:21 PM

Author
'Space Jockeys' according to the Alien 1979 novel (Read 5,139 times)

Kimarhi

Despite what the cast/crew and ADF thought of the SJ in the original, I'd put a fair wager on them being eveeelll in the Alien Prequel.  I'd actually be surprised if they went with a writer that portrayed them any other way.

Lost Predator

Quote from: ShadowPred on May 20, 2010, 03:29:24 AM
Quote from: SM on May 20, 2010, 12:24:41 AM
What's so far fetched about eggs with parachutes and hang gliding facehuggers...

Quite possibly the greatest image I can conceive in my mind. Thank you, SM.

Reminds me of the paratrooping turtles from Earnest Goes to Camp

OmegaZilla

Mr. Weyland

Quote from: Kimarhi on May 21, 2010, 01:02:11 AM
Despite what the cast/crew and ADF thought of the SJ in the original, I'd put a fair wager on them being eveeelll in the Alien Prequel.  I'd actually be surprised if they went with a writer that portrayed them any other way.

I can see that happening, even though Ridley Scott is directing, he seems to be the most adamant with the idea of the Space Jockeys being nasty, well, war like anyway.

I just don't see them being this way, why would they even hate things, Aliens are survivors, who seem to love killing, the Predator love to hunt for sport and some for ritual purposes, but the Space Jockeys see more intelligent, on a new level of understand, why would they be all war like, its to Hollywood clique

Fujimaster

I got the omnibus too. Those books kick ass, gunna have to read them again now

Xenoscream

Can anyone quote ASH from the book? (know it's a bit of a pain but would like to see his exact words)

I need to read these

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed