Why Alien: Romulus pits the Xenomorph against a younger crew

Started by Nightmare Asylum, May 03, 2024, 05:18:28 PM

Author
Why Alien: Romulus pits the Xenomorph against a younger crew (Read 11,981 times)

DeusVulture

I quite like the "unfinished" look of the Romulus Xeno (Rommy!).
It looks incomplete. Imperfect.
And very, very *very* f**king angry.
Not quite sold on the gums or jaw tendons just yet, but that's a minor gripe. Let's wait until we get a better look.

T Dog

Xeno reminds me of a bulldog or pitbull for some unknown reason.

The mechanical head of big chap will always be my favourite "head".

Genosha175

Definitely not the Big Chap, anyone who thinks it is clearly don't know what the BC looks like. And there's a lot of these people somehow.

As for nicknames of it, from what we know of where this xeno's origin is from, it's ''Kane's Grandson.''

Mike’s Monsters

Mike’s Monsters

It doesn't even look like Big Chap. There's some folks out there upset with me that I'd even suggest it isn't. It's very clearly not him with the shape of its face.

Realistically,
Spoiler
most people wouldn't even know he's in the movie, or even consider the possibility, without the leaks saying he's around. That info has spread into the regular discussion of the film which shouldn't even be the case. No one would know if they'd never happened.
[close]

Mornstar

Mornstar

The entire back of this xeno's head has been blown up, apparently by the explosive bullet that shot into it. But the xeno is still alive, it's regenerating it's wounds, it's immortal.

The entire back of this xeno's head has been blown up, apparently by the explosive bullet that shot into it. But the xeno is still alive, it's regenerating it's wounds, it's immortal.

SiL

Someone who saw the film said the back of the head is intact here.

Or he implied it was.

Mike’s Monsters

The only damage done to that Xeno in the new photo is the scar on his face. The whole dome is there, just behind his shoulders.

The xenomorph isn't standing in this photo. It's crawling up a wall. Meaning his head is in a different position than it would be. He's basically looking upward.

SM

Haven't read the last ten pages but would question the wisdom of releasing that picture with the gun. Gives off a fan film vibe.

SiL

Quote from: SM on May 06, 2024, 03:57:17 AMHaven't read the last ten pages but would question the wisdom of releasing that picture with the gun. Gives off a fan film vibe.
Fan midquel vibe.

BigDaddyJohn

Quote from: Mike's Monsters on May 06, 2024, 03:06:20 AMThe only damage done to that Xeno in the new photo is the scar on his face. The whole dome is there, just behind his shoulders.

The xenomorph isn't standing in this photo. It's crawling up a wall. Meaning his head is in a different position than it would be. He's basically looking upward.

I have trouble picturing the scene. In the photo I can't see the alien crawling up a wall, but I'm probably tired  :laugh:

Mike’s Monsters

Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on May 06, 2024, 09:20:05 AM
Quote from: Mike's Monsters on May 06, 2024, 03:06:20 AMThe only damage done to that Xeno in the new photo is the scar on his face. The whole dome is there, just behind his shoulders.

I have trouble picturing the scene. In the photo I can't see the alien crawling up a wall, but I'm probably tired  :laugh:

That's because you don't know the layout of that space they are in that photo! Once people see the context of the scene, it'll all make sense to them.

SiL

The drool is falling down from the mouth, parallel to the guy. So outside of a technical mistake, the floor is towards the bottom of the image and the Alien is on a wall on the right of frame, arching its back to look the guy in the face.

Acid_Reign161

Acid_Reign161

Not sure if this helps for those still puzzled over the head / angle, but what I'm personally seeing (on fear of stirring more memberberry complaints) is a very similar shot to what we saw in Alien 3 but flipped.

It's definitely a full length head, but the angle and fact it only has a partial dome is what's making it look a little off in the shot. (Excuse the rough doodles, I'm drawing with my finger on my phone) so green outline would be the head, purple the partial dome, and grey lines if it'd had a full dome;

I get the impression the character is sitting on a ledge, the xeno is crawling upwards towards them, and peering over and down at them; so like the Runner/Ripley shot, with front of head higher, back of head lower, and body would be vertical as opposed to on a flat floor (am I close @Mike's Monsters?)

Coolertonic7

I think the thing that looks like the back of its head is actually just the left shoulder

Acid_Reign161

Quote from: Coolertonic7 on May 06, 2024, 11:22:00 AMI think the thing that looks like the back of its head is actually just the left shoulder

That could well be, as it doesn't just have a partial dome at the front, but retains it at the back also :-)

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed