AVP film without humans?

Started by SDarsh, Oct 24, 2010, 11:12:39 PM

Author
AVP film without humans? (Read 5,042 times)

SDarsh

SDarsh

I was reading a film review for Requiem and the critic was giving out about some of the acting and I got a thought.

What if an Aliens v Predators sequel was to be made that was just that, Aliens versus Predators, without humans getting trapped in the middle.
I realise the problem that comes to mind straight away - no dialogue.

Does anyone here think it would be possible for a film to carry itself without any human influence?
I think the result could be a very animalistic and primal battle, allowing the Aliens and the Predators hatred for each other to really take centre stage in the film.

Just thinking out loud, any thoughts?

Ghost Rider

Ghost Rider

THat would be interesting.

Vulhala

Vulhala

It would be very difficult for the general public to engage with a movie like that, so I can't ever see it happening. It would be interesting, but a whole movie wuth no humans and no dialogue would be tricky to pull off. Plus the movies work better when you can't see the monsters all the time.

Ghost Rider

Ghost Rider

Quote from: Vulhala on Oct 26, 2010, 03:12:27 PM
It would be very difficult for the general public to engage with a movie like that, so I can't ever see it happening. It would be interesting, but a whole movie wuth no humans and no dialogue would be tricky to pull off. Plus the movies work better when you can't see the monsters all the time.

Well that's true. If this did happen, i would hate predator subtitles.

Vulhala

Vulhala

Exactly. I wouldn't want to be able to understand what they were saying to each other. Part of the reason I love them is because of the way they communicate to each other and the audience through body language and such.

Anytime: "Dude, see the army guy over there?"

Pussyface: "Yeah?"

Anytime: "Watch this"

VWAP!

Anytime: "Did you see the way his f**kin' head popped off bro?!"

Pussyface: "Nasty! I'm keepin' this bitches spine though."

Anytime: "The f**k you are!"

*Epic jungle chase scene*

No tah.

FUZION PREDATOR

FUZION PREDATOR

It would be very interesting to the some of a Predator biography. Example of a movie which show P2 Elder (greyback) past and youth ,his blooding ritual were he killed a xeno, then going on hunt against bigger and nastier prey, being in competition with others Predators .....

But i would not appreciate to see predator subtiltles

Vulhala

Vulhala

That could be possible. If it was layed out in the same sort of way as Godfather Part II for example. Have him hunting humans or aliens or whatever, and intersperse that with extended scenes of his earlier life and training etc.

FUZION PREDATOR

FUZION PREDATOR

Quote from: Vulhala on Oct 26, 2010, 04:13:53 PM
That could be possible. If it was layed out in the same sort of way as Godfather Part II for example. Have him hunting humans or aliens or whatever, and intersperse that with extended scenes of his earlier life and training etc.

Yeah not bad at all, i didn't think about that  ;)

SDarsh

SDarsh

Yeah subtitles wouldnt be the way to go, I reckon it could carry a good bit of the film but there would probably be a need for humans in it somewhere, i was hoping there wouldnt but i cant really see a way around it. Narration would probably be as cheesy as subtitles.
Maybe just some people at the beginning to get the ball rolling then have them killed off or something.

SiL

SiL

90 minutes of people in rubber suits prancing about would get real boring real quick.

Vulhala

Vulhala

Would you be against flashbacks showing things like blooding rituals, hierarchy etc though?

SDarsh

SDarsh

Wouldnt be against any ideas, all are welcome, i just think with a good story line it could be possible to make it really interesting.
But without dialogue the storyline would have to be really clear. Not ruling out a small human influence to fill in the gaps if needs be, but still with the idea of keeping to just the Aliens and Predator as much as possible.

Vulhala

Vulhala

If they make another one, I want to see one Alien against one Pred. That's the only way to give both species the respect they deserve. f**k the humans in the middle, they're meat. I would rather see one Alien in the Giger/Runner mould than a hundred Cameron Aliens. Less creature, more suspense.

SDarsh

SDarsh

I definately agree with the one predator anyway, and in a proper hunter mode like in the original not just running around for all to see. With the aliens either way, i love Alien and Aliens so both those approaches i would like. But yeah the less humans the better i think.

SM

SM

I wrote a short comic script a while ago that could've worked as a short film with no humans.  But the key word is "short".  It was essentially just a brief set up to a fight, a fight and the conclusion to a fight.

For a feature you'd need someone to root for - and both the titular characters are monsters one doesn't generally root for.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed