Last Movie You Watched

Started by Terx2, Dec 05, 2012, 05:12:31 AM

Author
Last Movie You Watched (Read 839,522 times)

Huggs

Huggs

Manhunter (3.5/5)

Prez

Prez

Quote from: Huggs on Jul 27, 2021, 11:00:44 PM
Manhunter (3.5/5)

You mean Mannhunter  ;D

Gentleman Death

Gentleman Death

Fear Street 1994 (3.75/5)

I'm genuinely surprised by how much I really enjoyed this. Maybe because I went in with very low expectations? Regardless, it was a fun movie to watch!

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Children of Men

Powerful film. Old hippie Michael Caine is the best.

Prez

Prez

Quote from: KiramidHead on Jul 28, 2021, 10:56:18 PM
Children of Men

Pull my finger

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Quote from: Prez on Jul 29, 2021, 12:30:15 AM
Quote from: KiramidHead on Jul 28, 2021, 10:56:18 PM
Children of Men

Pull my finger

Yeah, but he was the youngest wanker on the planet.

Kradan

Kradan

Star Wars: Episodes I-III

Yep, just rewatched the whole prequel trilogy. Even though it's hard to take these movies completely seriously after Plinkett's reviews it was rather an enjoyable watch.

Now I'm not sure which one I like more: The Phantom Menace or Revenge of The Sith. Attack of The Clones still pretty much feels as that one you have to get through to get to Anakin falling to the Dark Side and Palpatine's shenanigans

Prez

Prez

Blood Red Sky

An interesting take on the vampire genre.

Gentleman Death

Gentleman Death

Fear Street 1978 (3/5)

Another solid entry in this trilogy so far. I'm liking that they went about doing this into three movies instead of 6 or 7 mini series episodes.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Escape from New York

"Call me Snake."

Wysps

Wysps

A whole slew of Hallmark movies (cheesy made-for-tv movies that all pretty much have the same plot formula and make excellent background noise). 

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

The Green Knight

I quite enjoyed this on the whole, really captured the feel of the weirder adventures from Arthurian lore. Not really sure about certain aspects of the ending, but overall it was a really good movie.

Some Old Dude

Some Old Dude

Dr Terror's House of Horrors (1965)

My first ever Amicus horror. It's an anthology of 5 stories with differing sub genres squished into a 90 minute runtime, they're all fun but if feels like an appetiser for their feature length films. Great cast too, Christopher Lee, Peter Cushing, Donald Sutherland, Michael Gough and Bernard Lee. It's a rarity in that Chris Lee gets to be the straight man and Cushing the weird one here too.

Baron Von Marlon

Baron Von Marlon

Blood Red Sky (2021)
Well made but average in the end like most Netflix original movies.
And they used a trope which I hate: starting near the end, then cutting to the actual beginning of the movie. And on top of that some flashbacks.

SiL

SiL

I know that trope has always been around, but it's really picking up today in a world where even the god damn trailer needs to start with a tease and I f**king hate it.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed