Last Movie You Watched

Started by Terx2, Dec 05, 2012, 05:12:31 AM

Author
Last Movie You Watched (Read 839,407 times)

PredBabe

PredBabe

Went with my date to see Tenet over the weekend. Quite a confusing film to watch but there was some great action scenes.

Also watched Die Hard over the week, since he's never seen the first movie before... this still remains true. ;D

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: PredBabe on Sep 08, 2020, 03:18:43 AM
Went with my date to see Tenet over the weekend. Quite a confusing film to watch but there was some great action scenes.

Also watched Die Hard over the week, since he's never seen the first movie before... this still remains true. ;D

What remains true? Best action film ever?

PredBabe

PredBabe

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Sep 08, 2020, 03:25:35 AM

No, that he still hasn't seen it.  :P

But indeed it is one of the greatest action films.

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: PredBabe on Sep 08, 2020, 03:28:52 AM
Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Sep 08, 2020, 03:25:35 AM

No, that he still hasn't seen it.  :P

But indeed it is one of the greatest action films.

Watching Die Hard again since he's never seen it before but watching it still without him has left me confused.  :laugh:

But agreed. It's one of the greatest action films of all time, or maybe thee greatest!   :)👍

PredBabe

PredBabe

The movie was background noise   :laugh:

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: PredBabe on Sep 08, 2020, 04:06:53 AM
The movie was background noise   :laugh:

haha  :laugh:

Damn, am I slow!

Kradan

Kradan

Logan

I liked it but wasn't crazy about it. It had kinda western/Mad Max feel to it

Spoiler
Logan and Professor X were the most interesting and likable characters. I really dug old rusty cynical Wolverine and half-crazy Professor X

Tbh, I found girl pretty annoying but they nailed her animalistic, "Wolverine" nature, Boyd Holdbrook IMO was underutilised as a villain. He was just a guy with robotic hand and that's it

What's the deal with "bad Wolverine" ? Why he looked exactly like Hugh Jackman ? I thought they would utilise hum more too, maybe play with trust issues

What's the deal with X-Men comics ? Was it established in previous X-Men movies (haven't watched any) ?

Movie was gory. Very very very gory. People were stabbed left and right, Wolverine took A LOT of shooting. I certainly had several good laughs. Movie certainly enjoyed its R rating

Using cross as "X" on Logan's grave was very nice touch
[close]

AliceApocalypse

AliceApocalypse

The Signal

Not what I was expecting going in, a fun ride that wasn't so predictable.  This film left much to chew on afterwards, might give it another watch to see if I can pick up subtle pieces missed the first time around.

Spoiler
Had a feeling Dr. Damon was an android or alien about 3/4 of the way in though.  Did not predict that they were on an alien ship the entire time, well done!
[close]

kwisatz

kwisatz

Annihilation

Not bad but not really good either. Liked some aspects, but I dunno, this feels like 40% Solaris, 20% Stalker mixed with some (partially quite effective) horror stuff.

Didn't like the ending (and whatever it's implying).

Portman wooden as usual.

6/10ish

Stitch

Stitch

Quote from: Stitch on Aug 31, 2020, 10:28:16 PM
Quote from: Gentleman Death on Aug 31, 2020, 10:25:32 PM
Quote from: Stitch on Aug 31, 2020, 10:09:06 PM
New Mutants

Oh dear. Oh dear.

So you're saying it was worth the wait!?
If you've never seen a movie before. Or if your standards are so low that absolutely any kind of movie is entertaining.

I've seen SyFy originals better.

Quote from: SiL on Sep 06, 2020, 08:35:30 AM
The New Mutants

A movie which succeeds in both being seeable by the human eye and audible to the human ear. Of the films I've seen in 2020, this is one of them.

Sounds like we had a not dissimilar experience.

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: kwisatz on Sep 09, 2020, 03:05:01 AM
Annihilation

Not bad but not really good either. Liked some aspects, but I dunno, this feels like 40% Solaris, 20% Stalker mixed with some (partially quite effective) horror stuff.

Didn't like the ending (and whatever it's implying).

Portman wooden as usual.

6/10ish

Perhaps I'd push it to a 7/10.. perhaps... but this pretty much mirrors how I felt about it!

kwisatz

kwisatz

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Sep 09, 2020, 10:44:49 AM
but this pretty much mirrors how I felt about it!

;D

Pretty great scene.

13 Assasins (2010)

Miike manages to perfectly blend his own style with classic samurai film aesthetic. Love it.

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: kwisatz on Sep 09, 2020, 08:13:50 PM
Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Sep 09, 2020, 10:44:49 AM
but this pretty much mirrors how I felt about it!

https://64.media.tumblr.com/1ce2e62a516483817bffe7fa2e23eb21/tumblr_pv9s16TLVw1ypysl7o2_500.gifv

;D

Pretty great scene.

:laugh: Well done!

I'd like to say I set that up intentionally but alas, no.

Huggs

Huggs

The Silence of the Lambs

Huggs

Huggs

The Expendables 3

Easily one of the worst movies I've seen in a long time.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed