Last Movie You Watched

Started by Terx2, Dec 05, 2012, 05:12:31 AM

Author
Last Movie You Watched (Read 839,553 times)

SiL

SiL

High Life

Robert Pattinson is a great actor.

But what the f**k that film was I'm not sure.

Besides slow.

Kradan

Kradan

Quote from: Immortan Jonesy on Jul 23, 2020, 05:38:39 AM
Waiting for Kradan's review of Rise of Skywalker

https://i.ibb.co/3kwKSDS/fzZR-1.gif

Rogue One

It was OK. Premise was OK, plot was OK, characters were OK, acting was OK, visuals were OK, score was OK. Nothing really outstanding, but a fun ride nonetheless. It was cool to have whole new set of characters without trying to shoehorn the classic ones

Spoiler
Oh, wait ... Darth Vader. It was cool cameo, but I desired a bit more.

Oh, wait ... Princess Leia. Oh, wait ... Tarkin

Some of movie's concepts were interesting. Such as Imperial labor camp, reprogrammed Imperial droid (T2, anyone ?)  and blind monk

Final act could've been a bit shorter with a bit less battle scenes between rebels and stormtroopers

I guess, It was kinda balsy  to kill both of main protagonists. Oh well, as long as they're not Skywalkers or Solos ...
[close]

The Rise of Skywalker

IT WAS THE WORST STAR WARS MOVIE EVER DISNEY WHAT WERE YOU THINKING I HOPE YOU GO BANKRUPT AFTER THIS ONE!!!

Seriously though, not as bad as I thought but not as good as previous two either. TFA was exciting, TLJ was provoking, TROS I felt for the most part was kinda empty

Spoiler
I struggled to follow the story and characters' actions in first two acts. So, they go there, meet someone then fly away to another place, meet someone else and so on and on until the finale

Chewbacca's "death" was stupid. It was revealed that he wasn't 5 minutes later and characters knew it 10 minutes later. So yeah, kinda pointless

As pointless as C3PO mind wiping.  "Hux is the spy" bit at least made some sense and was quite funny:

" -- I'm the spy.
  -- WHAT!?
  -- YOU!?
  -- You don't have much time.
  -- I KNEW IT!
  -- No, you did not. "

I wished he would live

About the Palpatine - It was really shoe-horned. "Somehow Palpatine returned" - did they actually put that line in the movie? So he built that f**king fleet without  anyone knowing. Ok, how ? When ? With what resources ? Who exactlly was building it?

Rey was his granddaughter ? Her parents were not alcoholics and actually loved and cared for her ? OK, nevermind

On the other hand, Emperor was legitimately terrifying, I'll give movie credit for that. In ROTJ he was more ugly and disguisting than scary but here I thought he was SCARY. His lair was cool too

I glad Kylo Ren turned good and moment with him and Han was really touching. But, I guess, that scene's only purpose was for Ben to lose his lightsaber so Rey could help him in the final fight.

Seeing Mark Hamill was cool too. They did good job with putting Leia into the movie even despite the obvious obstacles
[close]

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Now that you've watched them, where does The Predator rank among the new SW films?

Kradan

Kradan

From movie-making perspective I'd say it's worse than all of them

From pure enjoyment perspective -  the last time I've watched The Predator I've enjoyed it as much as TROS and Rogue One

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: Kradan on Jul 24, 2020, 06:38:33 AM

Rogue One

It was OK. Premise was OK, plot was OK, characters were OK, acting was OK, visuals were OK, score was OK. Nothing really outstanding, but a fun ride nonetheless. It was cool to have whole new set of characters without trying to shoehorn the classic ones

Spoiler
Oh, wait ... Darth Vader. It was cool cameo, but I desired a bit more.

Oh, wait ... Princess Leia. Oh, wait ... Tarkin

Some of movie's concepts were interesting. Such as Imperial labor camp, reprogrammed Imperial droid (T2, anyone ?)  and blind monk

Final act could've been a bit shorter with a bit less battle scenes between rebels and stormtroopers

I guess, It was kinda balsy  to kill both of main protagonists. Oh well, as long as they're not Skywalkers or Solos ...
[close]

I have a similar opinion of Rogue One.

Now let me know ..

What do you think of the Star Wars franchise?

Good, bad, inferior to Alien, inferior to Predator? 🤔🤔🤔

BTW..

Spoiler
The droid is K-2SO.
[close]

Quote from: Kradan on Jul 24, 2020, 06:38:33 AM

The Rise of Skywalker

IT WAS THE WORST STAR WARS MOVIE EVER DISNEY WHAT WERE YOU THINKING I HOPE YOU GO BANKRUPT AFTER THIS ONE!!!

Seriously though, not as bad as I thought but not as good as previous two either. TFA was exciting, TLJ was provoking, TROS I felt for the most part was kinda empty

Spoiler
I struggled to follow the story and characters' actions in first two acts. So, they go there, meet someone then fly away to another place, meet someone else and so on and on until the finale

Chewbacca's "death" was stupid. It was revealed that he wasn't 5 minutes later and characters knew it 10 minutes later. So yeah, kinda pointless

As pointless as C3PO mind wiping.  "Hux is the spy" bit at least made some sense and was quite funny:

" -- I'm the spy.
  -- WHAT!?
  -- YOU!?
  -- You don't have much time.
  -- I KNEW IT!
  -- No, you did not. "

I wished he would live

About the Palpatine - It was really shoe-horned. "Somehow Palpatine returned" - did they actually put that line in the movie? So he built that f**king fleet without  anyone knowing. Ok, how ? When ? With what resources ? Who exactlly was building it?

Rey was his granddaughter ? Her parents were not alcoholics and actually loved and cared for her ? OK, nevermind

On the other hand, Emperor was legitimately terrifying, I'll give movie credit for that. In ROTJ he was more ugly and disguisting than scary but here I thought he was SCARY. His lair was cool too

I glad Kylo Ren turned good and moment with him and Han was really touching. But, I guess, that scene's only purpose was for Ben to lose his lightsaber so Rey could help him in the final fight.

Seeing Mark Hamill was cool too. They did good job with putting Leia into the movie even despite the obvious obstacles
[close]

It was a cold and loveless pizza. With all the ingredients ready, taken out of a refrigerator.  😭

Also...

Edit: Did you know that J.J Abrams stole things from the old expanded universe ???

Quote from: WookieepediaSix years after the Battle of Endor, the fight for freedom rages on. Darth Vader is dead, but a reborn Empire—under a mysterious new leader—strikes back at the struggling Rebel Alliance. Massive World Devastators, more powerful and unstoppable than the Death Star, ravage entire planets, while the ruthless heirs of Jabba the Hutt place a monumental price on the heads of Princess Leia and her husband, Han Solo. Along with Lando, Chewbacca, Artoo, Threepio, and other old allies, Han and Leia struggle to protect the future for their unborn child. But their greatest foe may be their closest friend: Luke Skywalker...

Dark Empire

Edit 2 : I feel hyperbolic today. I'm a bad boy *grrrr* 😈

Spidey3121

Spidey3121

Land of the Dead - been a good 10+ years since I'd seen it. A friend & I both wanted to revisit it. Afterwards, he said "I remember this movie being better." I don't know how good he remembered it being, but it's okay. Promotes the hell outta "eat the rich" before it was trendy.

Huggs

Huggs

Beowulf 2007

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Quote from: Huggs on Jul 25, 2020, 01:45:22 AM
Beowulf 2007

I like the film well enough, but I kind of wish Roger Avary had been able to do the lower budget live action version he was going to direct.

Kradan

Kradan

Quote from: Immortan Jonesy on Jul 24, 2020, 08:19:26 PM
Now let me know ..

What do you think of the Star Wars franchise?

Good, bad, inferior to Alien, inferior to Predator? 🤔🤔🤔

It's good franchise. Pretty good. I wouldn't say that it neccesarily worse than Alien or Predator. They very different franchises to me and each have their own merits.

I didn't fall in love with it. Alien always was and is my "sci-fi franchise". Maybe if I was exposed to SW earlier everything would turn out differently

Quote from: Immortan Jonesy on Jul 24, 2020, 08:19:26 PM
Edit: Did you know that J.J Abrams stole things from the old expanded universe ???

Quote from: WookieepediaSix years after the Battle of Endor, the fight for freedom rages on. Darth Vader is dead, but a reborn Empire—under a mysterious new leader—strikes back at the struggling Rebel Alliance. Massive World Devastators, more powerful and unstoppable than the Death Star, ravage entire planets, while the ruthless heirs of Jabba the Hutt place a monumental price on the heads of Princess Leia and her husband, Han Solo. Along with Lando, Chewbacca, Artoo, Threepio, and other old allies, Han and Leia struggle to protect the future for their unborn child. But their greatest foe may be their closest friend: Luke Skywalker...

https://i.imgur.com/Y72Vlbm.gif Dark Empire

I've heard something along these lines. Yeah, sounds similair to TROS. If anything, it makes me curious to check out "Dark Empire"

Also, I love this

https://youtu.be/MwZRFA0cLaM

Gentleman Death

Gentleman Death

Killing of a sacred dear- what a fantastic movie, very odd but loved the cinematography and music. Very Kubrick style and the characters were pretty fascinating. I'll have to check out the Lobster now.

Rogue one, IMO, is probably the best Star Wars film to come out in this new batch. After seeing where the new sky walker went, it's nice to pop that in and be introduced to new characters and setting.

Land of the dead was Romero's last good zombie film before he came out with Diary and Survival.

kwisatz

kwisatz

Raw (2016)

Liked it. Liked the overall directional style (some nasty stuff but presented in a not too heavy way). Liked the music and the main actress is pretty great.

Guess all in all it's a highly symbolic Coming of Age type movie.

Huggs

Huggs

Tom Horn

Gentleman Death

Gentleman Death

Knives out - Pretty good movie, just had to get through the first 30min before it really picked up.

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: Gentleman Death on Jul 25, 2020, 01:43:52 PM
Killing of a sacred dear- what a fantastic movie, very odd but loved the cinematography and music. Very Kubrick style and the characters were pretty fascinating. I'll have to check out the Lobster now.

I really need to see that one. There's a whole positive consensus about that particular movie.  8)🤘

Gentleman Death

Gentleman Death

Quote from: Immortan Jonesy on Jul 26, 2020, 02:04:20 AM
Quote from: Gentleman Death on Jul 25, 2020, 01:43:52 PM

It was on my list for awhile and read some posts here so I decided to try it out and was not disappointed!

I really need to see that one. There's a whole positive consensus about that particular movie.  8)🤘

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed