Last Movie You Watched

Started by Terx2, Dec 05, 2012, 05:12:31 AM

Author
Last Movie You Watched (Read 839,456 times)

Janek

Janek

Decided to start the Fast & the Furious series as they all landed on Netflix. Just finished 2 Fast 2 Furious... oh man that one has aged badly, or maybe it was never that good.  :D

Huggs

Huggs

Bullitt

Gojira

Quote from: Janek on May 30, 2020, 11:17:18 PM
Decided to start the Fast & the Furious series as they all landed on Netflix. Just finished 2 Fast 2 Furious... oh man that one has aged badly, or maybe it was never that good.  :D

It was always awful.

It's tough for me to watch or take any of the other sequels seriously, and the Cryrese Remixes haven't helped. I hear them every time I see Ty on screen now.

SiL

SiL

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on May 30, 2020, 05:46:57 PM
On Underwater - there was stuff about it I liked, but it also fell a bit flat for me unfortunately. Creature stuff was pretty cool, I liked the look of the movie, but it never amounted to more than just its various parts. And I really don't buy the apparent Lovecraftian connections that were being touted after the movie released. There were parts of the movie that were pretty fun though.
Spoiler
Everything after the mid station is just a chore. For a creature feature, the creatures don't seem to, well, feature.  When they do they spend most of their screentime just ... staring at the characters? They kill exactly one character directly and one indirectly, and even then it's unclear whether it meant to kill him or even knew that would happen.

I think that's what really struck me about the last half of the film. It was just a whole lot of things looking at things. The people look at the monsters. The monsters look back. And ... that's about it. Even the Cthulhu wannabe just kind of looks around and flexes its jaw.
[close]

Prez

Prez

Quote from: HuDaFuK on May 30, 2020, 07:21:22 PM
Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on May 30, 2020, 05:46:57 PMAs far as recent Alien knockoffs go, I preferred Life.

I thoroughly enjoyed Life tbh.

Spoiler
Given how Calvin managed to get on Earth after THAT ending the reality is I want a sequel... I really dug how utterly vicious Calvin was even at a small age. Who saw Ryan Reynolds getting knocked off so early on?
[close]

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

I don't really have a strong desire for a sequel, myself...

Spoiler
I'd rather just assume that Calvin wound up spreading and growing and digested all life on Earth.  ;)
[close]

426Buddy

426Buddy

Yeah didn't care for Life that much. Felt pretty by the numbers/derivative and I really dislike when monsters are totally invincible/unstoppable like Calvin, I also thought his design was nothing remarkable. The performances were good and I'm a sucker for scifi horror so I still found it entertaining.

Underwater was fun but I can't disagree with any of the criticisms, it's a slick looking B movie.

Watched Upgrade with the wife the other night! I enjoyed the hell out of that movie and I really didn't see the ending coming. In hindsight it should have been obvious but it got me lol. Was a fun flick, glad I bought it.

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

Lost World: Jurassic Park

Huggs

Huggs

Quote from: Whiskeybrewer on May 31, 2020, 05:25:11 PM
Lost World: Jurassic Park

What is your opinion of the kid using gymnastics to kill the raptor?

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

The Current War

Decent enough but largely unremarkable.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Whiskeybrewer on May 31, 2020, 05:25:11 PMLost World: Jurassic Park

By far the best of the sequels, and the only one after the first that I actually like.

Pete Postlethwaite ftw.

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Jun 01, 2020, 08:27:28 AM

By far the best of the sequels, and the only one after the first that I actually like.

Pete Postlethwaite ftw.

He just owns it for sure. Also Nick Van Owen is the films true Villain  ;)

Quote from: Huggs on Jun 01, 2020, 02:47:10 AM

I dont think its that bad a sequence

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Duck Soup

Funny, but I liked A Night at the Opera more. This one felt a bit padded in places.

Quote from: Whiskeybrewer on Jun 01, 2020, 09:42:48 AM
Quote from: HuDaFuK on Jun 01, 2020, 08:27:28 AM

Pete Postlethwaite ftw.

He just owns it for sure. Also Nick Van Owen is the films true Villain  ;)

Quote from: Huggs on Jun 01, 2020, 02:47:10 AM

I dont think its that bad a sequence

It's just Spielberg working out his daddy issues on film again. Like, we get it Steve, you made your point perfectly well in Last Crusade.

Huggs

Huggs

Shawshank

TheSailingRabbit

LastSonofKrypton

LastSonofKrypton

Color out of Space

Phenomenal.  One of the most disturbing and gorgeous horror flicks I've ever seen.  Nic Cage seems tailor made for these weird, experimental movies.  His performance is subdued, and only exaggerated when it is absolutely necessary.  The rest of the cast are great, the setting, the tone, it all works. 

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed