Last Movie You Watched

Started by Terx2, Dec 05, 2012, 05:12:31 AM

Author
Last Movie You Watched (Read 839,369 times)

Baron Von Marlon

Baron Von Marlon

Quote from: KiramidHead on Sep 21, 2019, 02:56:01 AM
The Producers (2005)

It's fitting that this story involves Nazis, because it feels like all the jokes were rounded up and gassed. Seriously, watching this felt like I was in the ninth circle of comedy hell.

I bought it years ago because I thought it was a regular comedy, not a musical, and it stars Will Ferrell.
Was I disappointed.

Watched the original with Mel Brooks later on and it's a lot more bearable.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Quote from: Baron Von Marlon on Sep 21, 2019, 06:18:54 AM
Quote from: KiramidHead on Sep 21, 2019, 02:56:01 AM
The Producers (2005)

It's fitting that this story involves Nazis, because it feels like all the jokes were rounded up and gassed. Seriously, watching this felt like I was in the ninth circle of comedy hell.

I bought it years ago because I thought it was a regular comedy, not a musical, and it stars Will Ferrell.
Was I disappointed.

Watched the original with Mel Brooks later on and it's a lot more bearable.

Yeah, the original is great and actually has a sense of comedic timing.

Huggs

Huggs

A Night To Remember (5/5)

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Rambo: First Blood Part II

Those f**king drill sound effects when Rambo screws on the exploding arrow heads. :laugh: Still a fun action romp, though.

Huggs

Huggs

The dramatic turn he does near the beginning of Rambo 3 is probably my favorite moment of the entire franchise.

It's so ridiculous that it's amazing.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Quote from: Huggs on Sep 22, 2019, 12:32:43 AM
The dramatic turn he does near the beginning of Rambo 3 is probably my favorite moment of the entire franchise.

My favorite Rambo III moment is "f**k 'EM!"

Baron Von Marlon

Baron Von Marlon

Hell House LLC III: Lake of Fire (2019)
Unnecessary part 3, worst and most dumb in the series, but sorta watchable.

DeadTectives (2018)
This is supposed to be a comedy but it's one of those movies that's neither serious nor funny, just a waste of time.
Wouldn't recommend it.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Whiskeybrewer on Sep 20, 2019, 12:19:46 PMHeartbreak Ridge (1986)
Always thought this was a very underrated Eastwood film. Closer to what he's been doing the past few years than what he was doing at the time

Honestly think that contains some of Eastwood's best ever lines. Just wish the last act was so weak compared to the first two.

Quote from: Huggs on Sep 22, 2019, 12:32:43 AMThe dramatic turn he does near the beginning of Rambo 3 is probably my favorite moment of the entire franchise.

Rambo III's always been my favourite precisely because it's the most self-aware and insane of the series. "Surrounding 'em's out."

Same goes for the Rocky series - Rocky IV's always been the one I enjoy the most, because by that point they knew exactly what people wanted to see (montages).

P-Rock

P-Rock

Killing Zoe (1993)
A safe cracker named Zed returns to Paris to help out an old friend who is planning a bank heist. Of course everyhting goes wrong. Tarantino and Avary worked together in a video store. When scouting for bank locations for Reservoir Dogs, Avary came up with the idea for Killing Zoe. Tarantino got famous, Avary didn't. Tarantino's definitely the more talented director and writer of the two, but Killing Zoe isn't bad. It's got good performances by Eric Stoltz, Julie Delpy and especially Jean-Hugues Anglade as Zed's deranged junkie friend. At times you can see it's his debut movie, because of the somewhat amateurish cinematography and chaotic story. Tomandandy did a good job with the pounding electronic soundtrack. People keep comparing it to Reservoir Dogs, but the movie doesn't deserve that. It's its own little thing. 7/10

Dobermann (1997)
A French movie, directed by Jan Kounen and his answer to Pulp Fiction and True Romance. Vincent Cassel plays Dobermann, an enigmatic robber who's being chased by a sadistic, corrupt cop who isn't afraid to resort to violence to get what he wants. This movie is violent. Very very violent. A head gets blown off using a grenade, someone's dick gets shot off, a baby is thrown into the air... Everything is shot very stylish with a lot of cool camera tricks. Acting is mostly good, but very over the top. Tchéky Karyo is hilarious and despicable at the same time as the corrupt cop Christini. If you like movies like aforementioned Pulp Fiction and True Romance, there's a good chance you'll dig this too. 8/10

Prez

Prez

Between Two Ferns the Movie
Like one extended take of the mini episodes. Plot thin. But who cares. It's great fun, awkward humour.

Huggs

Huggs

12 Strong (1.5/5)

The Recruit (3/5)

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Sep 22, 2019, 07:40:57 AM
Rambo III's always been my favourite

Even over First Blood? :o

Huggs

Huggs

Now I'm gonna have to watch it again.

Baron Von Marlon

Baron Von Marlon

Bloodline (2018)
Average movie but decent acting overal. Seann William Scott was near great. Perhaps his best acting so far.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: KiramidHead on Sep 23, 2019, 12:14:04 AMEven over First Blood? :o

I'm not for one moment gonna sit here and claim First Blood isn't by far the better movie :) But I like Rambo III more just because it's so gleefully mad. It's the one I rewatch the most purely because it's so easy to sit down and switch off to.

And how can you not fall over laughing at a game of chicken between a tank and a helicopter? :laugh:

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed