Last Movie You Watched

Started by Terx2, Dec 05, 2012, 05:12:31 AM

Author
Last Movie You Watched (Read 839,227 times)

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

Highlander: The Source
Yeah a very poor ending to the series, even though it wasn't planned as the end. But I think with the constant rewrites and the different endings it was better to stop and ignore lol

Ant-Man and The Wasp
Really enjoyed this. A lot of fun. Not as great as other Marvel films but the Humanity of it was perfect

Role Models
I just love this film.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Quote from: Whiskeybrewer on Aug 06, 2018, 11:27:43 AM
Highlander: The Source
Yeah a very poor ending to the series, even though it wasn't planned as the end. But I think with the constant rewrites and the different endings it was better to stop and ignore lol

They somehow made a sequel worse than 2. Think about that for a minute. :laugh:

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

I dunno about that...

Even having absolutely no knowledge of anything to do with the TV series before watching it, Endgame still managed to make more sense than the second movie :laugh:

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Aug 06, 2018, 08:38:10 PM
I dunno about that...

Even having absolutely no knowledge of anything to do with the TV series before watching it, Endgame still managed to make more sense than the second movie :laugh:

What's hilarious is that Mulcahy's attempts to fix 2 by taking out the aliens and calling them time travelers instead only made things more confusing.

And The Source is still worse. It premiered on SyFy for one, and completely upends the entire franchise in really terrible ways.

SM

SM

It was upended right from the first sequel.  That an The Sorcerer were such crap that I never watched any of the others.  I only had a vague recollection there were any others.

Baron Von Marlon

Baron Von Marlon

Highlander
"Hey, let's cast a Frenchman as a Scotsman."

Ant-Man and The Wasp
Really enjoyed this. A lot of fun. Not as great as other Marvel films but the Humanity of it was perfect

I saw an image online that said "Ant-Man and WASP" with Ant-Man photoshopped into a bandpicture of W.A.S.P.

I just love this film.

Love the bit where he explains Kiss to the kid.  :laugh:

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Baron Von Marlon on Aug 07, 2018, 06:49:09 AMHighlander

"And a Scotsman as an Egyptian Spaniard!"

Quote from: KiramidHead on Aug 06, 2018, 08:57:55 PMAnd The Source is still worse. It premiered on SyFy for one, and completely upends the entire franchise in really terrible ways.

I didn't even know they'd done a fifth one :laugh:

The main problem with the Highlander sequels is the first movie was literally the end of the whole thing. It's very point meant sequels wouldn't make any sense... and then they went a made a load anyway.

Russ

Russ

The Mad Max trilogy (Gibson).

Wow. The first one is all over the place, the second on I think is a "movie" in that it adheres to the "rules"... but Beyond Thunderdome... that was some serious weirdness.

Don't get me wrong, was great watching all of them, but having not seen them in so many years, it was odd to see how they're hung together. The first one especially - it had all these weird music cues going on that were totally inappropriate for the scene...

But the stunts - you almost get stunt blind after a while - there was so much going on.

The Cruentus

The Cruentus

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Aug 07, 2018, 07:19:41 AM
The main problem with the Highlander sequels is the first movie was literally the end of the whole thing. It's very point meant sequels wouldn't make any sense... and then they went a made a load anyway.

Yep, there was never meant to be any sequels, and even though the tv show has got some fans, it still doesn't make sense. They should have set it in the past before the time of the gathering.

In the words of the Kurgan: There can be only one
....and that is the first Highlander.  :laugh:

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

Quote from: Baron Von Marlon on Aug 07, 2018, 06:49:09 AM
Highlander

Ant-Man and The Wasp

I saw an image online that said "Ant-Man and WASP" with Ant-Man photoshopped into a bandpicture of W.A.S.P.

I just love this film.

Love the bit where he explains Kiss to the kid.  :laugh:

Ive got to find that image now lol

That bit is brilliant. The whole KISS thread running through it is just perfect. KissMyAnthia lol

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Aug 07, 2018, 07:19:41 AM
Quote from: Baron Von Marlon on Aug 07, 2018, 06:49:09 AMHighlander

"And a Scotsman as an Egyptian Spaniard!"

Quote from: KiramidHead on Aug 06, 2018, 08:57:55 PMAnd The Source is still worse. It premiered on SyFy for one, and completely upends the entire franchise in really terrible ways.

I didn't even know they'd done a fifth one :laugh:

Gotta love the casting of Highlander, its all over the place but works so much. Clancy Brown will never be topped as The Kurgan.

You say that about the films but III actually comes up with a random reason to keep it going and actually leads into The Series so the only film out of "continuity" is II lol

If i cast a remake of Highlander i'd have it as

James McAvoy as Connor
Antonio Banderas as Ramierez
and
Dave Bautista as Kurgan

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

He's not the obvious choice, but I'll always champion Kevin McKidd as MacLeod. Mainly so I can say that Connor MacLeod is a son of Hades and f**ks Concord in her arse. ;D

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Also he can put the villain down with football puns.

The Cruentus

The Cruentus

I see someone else likes Dog Soldiers! Spoon kicks ass.  :laugh:

SM

SM

The Hateful Eight

I haven't seen Django Unchained, but this is easily Tarantino's best flick since Pulp Fiction.  And his best looking flick period.

Huggs

Huggs

Quote from: SM on Aug 07, 2018, 11:56:07 PM
I haven't seen Django Unchained, but this is easily Tarantino's best flick since Pulp Fiction.

Watch Django at the earliest possible convenience. It's a freakin' masterpiece.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed