Last Movie You Watched

Started by Terx2, Dec 05, 2012, 05:12:31 AM

Author
Last Movie You Watched (Read 839,379 times)

Prez

Prez

Quote from: Nyarlathotep on Mar 15, 2017, 11:20:50 PM
Kong: Skull Island

While by no means great I found it to be a decent enough popcorn film.

Saw it last night. Enjoyable popcorn fun. Riffed heavy on Apocalypse now (which I don't mind at all). That post credits teaser got my heart pumping for more too!

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

King Kong (1933)

Rewatching the original before I see Skull Island.

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

Quote from: KiramidHead on Mar 15, 2017, 03:01:18 PM
Quote from: Whiskeybrewer on Mar 15, 2017, 11:42:03 AM
Quote from: KiramidHead on Mar 14, 2017, 02:19:40 PM
Quote from: Whiskeybrewer on Mar 14, 2017, 12:10:36 PM
Commando
Gotta love Arnie's 80's action flicks. Shame we never got the sequel they planned. Also I'd completely forgotten this had a Bill Paxton cameo

I haven't read it myself, yet...

Did they actually complete a script for it?

Yep, Frank Darabont contributed.

Oh awesome. Would love to read it lol

I did read somewhere that they ended up turning the script into the first Die Hard movie lol

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Went to see Free Fire last night. I really enjoyed it. I was surprised at how much fun he managed to get out of the concept. Everyone in the cinema was laughing out loud throughout the film. Even the Mrs was giggling along.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

King Kong vs Godzilla

The US cut is stupid as f**k, but I do have fun with it.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

King Kong Escapes

There are some fun bits here and there, but the movie is mostly underwhelming. And Kong looks like shit here, too. Toho just sucked complete ass at designing him.

King Kong (1976)

Eh... there's parts of it I like, but the leads are nearly insufferable, the "social commentary" is forced, some of the effects are shoddy, and they actually interrupted the New York rampage for a cringe worthy romantic scene. And now I have the sequel to watch, which I understand is really terrible.

King Kong Lives

Wow, that was bad. It was vacillated between boring, stupid, and silly.

Randomizer

Randomizer

Recently I've seen Kong: Skull Island (2017)...

There's some potential lost regarding character but overall it was all a fun ride. As you may have heard the movie is equally about King Kong as it is about Skull Island.

I felt that they went cheap with the sequel-baiting but I'm not a fan of the franchise.

7/10

... and The Matrix (1999) for the "I FORGOT"-th time.

I still think it's a great action movie that can put thought-provoking questions at the same time. The pacing was somewhat faster than I remember but hey - it's a movie.

10/10

Scorpio

Scorpio

The Shadow (1994) - this and Batman Begins, virtually the same movie, like Prometheus/AVP lol

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

Terminator 2 (Theatrical Version)
Still such and enjoyable film. Fantastic pacing and some great action sequences. They should have ended it here

Warcraft: The Beginning
I forgot how quickly this went from place to place. some huge pacing issues and its pretty much just setting up a sequel from the start, which may still come thanks to the Chinese Market

Prez

Prez

Quote from: Whiskeybrewer on Mar 20, 2017, 11:31:56 AM
Terminator 2 (Theatrical Version)
Still such and enjoyable film. Fantastic pacing and some great action sequences. They should have ended it here

Very rare a director makes 2 of the very best sequels in film history but Cameron certainly did with T2 & Aliens.

Avatar 2??? ... Lightning strike 3 times (lets not open that can of worms).

Russ

Russ

I just watched Wolfcop. Great fun!

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

Die Hard.
I found it funny that this was on last night, especially after recently finding out, it was originally the script for Commando 2 before being conbined with the book that Die Hard was also based on lol
I kept thinking, how would this scene go if it was Arnie.lol

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

King Kong (2005) - Extended Cut

A few issues here and there aside, this film still really works for me. The Skull Island action in general is just awesome, especially the bug pit.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Whiskeybrewer on Mar 21, 2017, 12:37:25 PMDie Hard.

I caught a bit of that myself. Pretty much the perfect action movie.

Saw Logan and Kong: Skull Island in the cinema recently.

Logan was very good but I think perhaps if you took away the hard-edged violence it wouldn't have been quite so memorable. It was certainly a well-crafted film and Jackman was excellent, but perhaps it's getting slightly more raving reviews than I think it deserves. That said, it's excellent for a modern comic book movie.

Kong I ended up enjoying a lot more than I anticipated. Just a really fun film. Plus, as a big lover of 'Nam movies, it was great seeing the cast of Platoon fighting giant monsters, or the helicopter attack squadron from Apocalypse Now doing strafing runs on a 100ft tall ape :)

Scorpio

Scorpio

The Rocketeer (1991) - good flick but it's marred by a bland lead and pacing issues.. is a decent superhero origin story, though, and has good production values (I like the 30s period setting).. 6/10

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed