A Good AvP?

Started by Green Goblin, Jul 25, 2008, 02:08:59 AM

Author
A Good AvP? (Read 2,044 times)

Green Goblin

Green Goblin

You know that image in our heads we all had before AvP came out? You know, the one that said if this movie is really made, it's sheer awesomeness could rip apart the universe? And then AvP came  out. Then, our anger made us loose sight of that dream. Our anger and hatred pushed that drean so far, we could barely even see it. And then AvP: R was mentioned. Then we saw that dream again, a faint glow in the distance. That glow was redemption. And then AvP: R came out. Can anyone here still remember what that dream was like? Can anyone here still see that dream as a faint glow in the distance? Can anyone here still picture a good AvP? I can't. I want you to let out all your feelings here. Open yourself, and recover that dream. Do something to help others find that dream. And then, maybe, we can encourage Fox to make that dream a reality.

War Wager

War Wager

You make it sound profound. :) A good movie is barley in sights but it's fading fast.

echobbase79

echobbase79

I'm sick of it personally. AvP was a disaster and Requiem closed the wound a little, but it's still bleeding.

The people running the show at Fox aren't behind these franchises anymore. They might say they are for good PR, but they're full of shit.

I blame Fox for all of this mess.

Green Goblin

Green Goblin

AvP was a bullet to my arm. AvP: R cut my arm off. The only medic that can save me is a good AvP 3.

B-Rad G

B-Rad G

A good AVP movie would be like a good Childplay movie, it seems unlikey.

PHANTOM

PHANTOM

Alien Res was a minor cut on the finger, alittle boo-boo in other words, not so bad.

AVP was a brief kick in the balls, yeah sure it hurts, but you'll recover from it in time.

AVP-R was a bullet in the f**king head and while also having two fat idiots rape the dead corpse violently over and over again. Then after they're done, they walk away from the scene like if they did nothing wrong :D

gameoverman

gameoverman

Quote from: Green Goblin on Jul 25, 2008, 02:08:59 AM
And then AvP: R was mentioned. Then we saw that dream again, a faint glow in the distance. That glow was redemption. And then AvP: R came out.

The wise among us already knew it was going to suck based on the early script review.  Unfortunately, most of us were innocent fanboys that Fox and the BS took advantage of and molested us to death with their shitty product.

So the dream has been destroyed for me.  Call it a severe case of PTSD.  Lol - I mean, you can fool me once but not again. 

God himself would have to prove his existence, descend from the heavens and personally deliver us AVP 3 for me to have faith in this franchise again.   :D

PREDATOR KING

PREDATOR KING

when i saw the first traielr Avp r looked like a classic! aliens here and predator there. blood and guts. i could swear i saw two soldiers running behind Jesse in the trailer, probly cus i was so excited. but when i saw it agian it was just normal people. if only soldiers where main charecters.  :-\

Private Hudson

Private Hudson

AVP made me human tomato...

AVPR pulled the plug.

PHANTOM

PHANTOM

AVP-R failed big time, if Fox thinks they can make another shitty AVP movie and still make money  off of it this time around...they are out of their f**king minds lol.

At this point Fox has two choices, get Cameron or Ridley to direct Alien 5 or hire an awesome well known director to do AVP3. Like I said, Fox won't beable to get away with another retarded AVP film this time around. AVP3 is either a masterpiece or just another ULTRA shitty movie that fails even worse than the last one.

I dare Fox to make another shitty AVP film, because this time they will be the ones who lose, not the fans.....because we won't see it this time.

SM

SM

QuoteAVP-R failed big time

Low budget turned good profit = win.

Green Goblin

Green Goblin

Yeah, but then they use that profit to make another bad AvP movie and no one sees it. So, indeed you're correct in the short run, but in the long run:

AvP: R= Fail

Xenomorphine

Xenomorphine

Quote from: Green Goblin on Jul 25, 2008, 02:08:59 AM
Can anyone here still remember what that dream was like?

Yes. Which is precisely why I still support the concept, because it's one of those things which should be easy for an artistically proficient production team to put together - much like a 'Terminator' film. The same could be said for an 'Alien' film, too, but there hasn't been one of those which have really captured my imagination, since the eighties.

These things can be done. It's just a matter of who gets to be able to.

gameoverman

gameoverman

Quote from: SM on Jul 25, 2008, 06:42:04 AM
QuoteAVP-R failed big time

Low budget turned good profit = win.

It doesn't matter, though.  Say you sell me a really dodgy car that I paid good money for.  Then I realise how bad the car is.  I won't be going back to buy another car from you.  Comprende?

Eidotemit

Eidotemit

I remember what the dream was like. It may be possible to make a decent AvP flick, but it is incredibly implausible.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed