Things you just hate in the world

Started by Dark Passenger, May 26, 2010, 04:35:29 AM

Author
Things you just hate in the world (Read 400,807 times)

BANE

BANE

QuoteI hate people who deceive others into thinking that an embryo or a fetus is the same thing as a baby.
There's serious debate as to when the..."thing" in the womb should be considered alive. I personally think it's the mothers' choice until it actually comes out of her (and, in some cases, I think mercy killings of disabled babies is right, but that's another matter), but people would debate that as soon as it's conceived it's alive. I call bullshit, but whatever.

Ghost Rider

I think its alive at around 2 months.

urban_predator83

This is f**ked up, talking about abortions.

*leaves thread*

Ghost Rider

Like it or not its a major topic everywhere.

chupacabras acheronsis

you can't use "its alive!" as an argument. f**kin' everything is alive in this world. there are organisms living in every surface and in the air, you would have a hard time finding a place without life on it.

think of the sperm for a while.

Ghost Rider

It dies.

SM

SM

Quote from: ghost rider on Sep 20, 2010, 12:36:09 AM
I think its alive at around 2 months.

'Alive' is debatable.  The baby can't survive on it's own at 2 months.  It's only about an inch long.  The most premature baby had a gestation of 21 weeks 5 days (vs full term of 37 weeks).  If you want to debate alive, that'd probably be a more sensible starting point.

SiL

SiL

Once it starts sleeping and dreaming you're too late, far as I'm concerned.

Ghost Rider

Alive by being nurtrured by the mother.

maledoro

maledoro

Quote from: BLAIN on Sep 20, 2010, 12:34:08 AM
QuoteI hate people who deceive others into thinking that an embryo or a fetus is the same thing as a baby.
There's serious debate as to when the..."thing" in the womb should be considered alive.
The debate isn't when the thing in the womb is alive; the "debate" is over what the thing is. There has, arguably, no more contentious moral issue of the past half century than abortion, where morality, politics, and science are confounded conflated. Moral issues are personal. Political issues are social. Scientific issues are factual. Herein lies confusion. Pro-choicers believe that whether a woman decides to abort a fetus or not is a personal moral issue in which the rights of the mother take precedence over the rights of the fetus. Pro-lifers want to make it a political moral issue in which the rights of the fetus take precedence over the rights of the mother so that society determines what a woman can or cannot do with her body and her fetus.

When pro-lifers and pro-choicers square off to debate, they are oftentimes talking at cross-purposes. Pro-lifers speak of the "murder" of innocent fetuses and attack their debate opponents on the grounds that murder is wrong, as if pro-choicers accept murder as moral. In fact, pro-lifers and pro-choicers all agree that murder is immoral. What they disagree about is whether aborting a fetus constitutes murder. This apparent moral question is actually a factual question, because abortion can only be considered murder if it means taking the life of a human being, and when a fetus becomes a human is a question that is difficult to resolve, as Supreme Court Justice Harry A. Blackmun noted in his decision in the 7-2 majority ruling in the 1973 Roe v. Wade case: "When those trained in the respective disciplines of medicine, philosophy and theology are unable to arrive at any consensus, the judiciary, at this point in the development of man's knowledge, is not in a position to speculate as to the answer."

reminded by Cupa on the "last thing you ate" thread, i hate salad, it makes me want to heave.

on the subject of abortion, i believe that an individual is a sum of their memories and experience, and worth to society.
an unborn baby who has no memories or experience, and if born will be a drag on society, or members of society, either emotionally or financially, is probably better of not being born, however of course i believe it should always be up to the parents whether they abort or not, and the should be counciled before hand, i'm totally against the idea of going to a clinic and "just" getting an abortion.

Vulhala

Vulhala

Once it starts kicking, it's alive as far as I'm concerned. In extreme cases such as rape and a few others, then abortion ,while not being right perhaps, is necessary. I don't agree however with some stupid teenager running around having unprotected sex and getting abortions because she doesn't want to deal with the consequences. I know a girl who was told she would have to pay for them, as she'd had that many the NHS would no longer fund it.

Quote from: Vulhala on Sep 20, 2010, 08:31:27 AM
Once it starts kicking, it's alive as far as I'm concerned. In extreme cases such as rape and a few others, then abortion ,while not being right perhaps, is necessary. I don't agree however with some stupid teenager running around having unprotected sex and getting abortions because she doesn't want to deal with the consequences. I know a girl who was told she would have to pay for them, as she'd had that many the NHS would no longer fund it.

that's effed up!
it's quite late on when they start kicking iirc, but that's quite a good way to judge. i kind of feel like they should give mothers an ultrasound before an abortion so they can see what it looks like before going through with it.

Inverse Effect

Quote from: chupacabras acheronsis on Sep 20, 2010, 01:00:22 AM
you can't use "its alive!" as an argument. f**kin' everything is alive in this world. there are organisms living in every surface and in the air, you would have a hard time finding a place without life on it.

think of the sperm for a while.

Tree's are alive. It's not nice when someone shops of a branch, how would you like it if i cut your arm off?

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Quote from: urban_predator83 on Sep 20, 2010, 12:57:00 AM
This is f**ked up, talking about abortions.

*leaves thread*
F**k, I'm with you.
*Exits thread and shuts door*

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed