AVP-REDEMPTION short film

Started by alexpj19, Feb 08, 2008, 03:30:00 AM

Author
AVP-REDEMPTION short film (Read 325,041 times)

dallevalle

dallevalle

I have to be honest i dident like it at all way to cheesy it dident look to good well better luck next time.

Darkbladepred2.0

Darkbladepred2.0

Surely you can't be serious... how did that not impress you even a little bit?

Le Celticant

Le Celticant

Quote from: Darkbladepred2.0 on Jun 18, 2010, 12:49:13 PM

Probably the fact of the story.
Or the fact that Alien / Predator : CGI = No way.
Or the fact that it was another AVP / AVP-R in the space.
Or the fact that everybody think it's amazing because it's a fan and not official.
::)

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Try for yourself guys and you will find out how difficult those things are.

Purebreedalien

Purebreedalien

Quote from: OmegaZilla on Jun 18, 2010, 01:58:25 PM

Agreed, Omega.

Just because you don't like it doesn't mean that it's terrible, sure it's not up to the standards of Hollywood movies, but wake up, it's a fan film. An amazingly well put together fan film, a masterpiece of its own. Alex took the time to make it, take the time to appreciate it.

Quote from: Purebreedalien on Jun 18, 2010, 03:08:30 PM

Agreed, Omega.

Just because you don't like it doesn't mean that it's terrible, sure it's not up to the standards of Hollywood movies, but wake up, it's a fan film. An amazingly well put together fan film, a masterpiece of its own. Alex took the time to make it, take the time to appreciate it.

3rd'd

i kind of agree that it's a bit cheesy, sparta kick for example, but most of it is excellently written and acted, (i'm a massive fan of the video message/log segment) and the VFX are amazing for the budget

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Yeah the Video is my favourite part. Very eerie when they show the Predator corpse.

Plus I have yet to know if the Predator was a real suit put on a background (kinda like the marine) or if it was cgi. Because it is very realistic!

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

Quote from: Darkbladepred2.0 on Jun 18, 2010, 12:49:13 PM

He is serious... and don't call him Shirley.

SiL

SiL

What's that got to do with not liking it?

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Quote from: SiL on Jun 18, 2010, 10:32:14 PM
What's that got to do with not liking it?

I was referencing to this.

Quote from: Le Celticant on Jun 18, 2010, 01:20:47 PM
Or the fact that Alien / Predator : CGI = No way.
Or the fact that it was another AVP / AVP-R in the space.
Or the fact that everybody think it's amazing because it's a fan and not official.

If you don't like it because of this... ;)

Celtic-predator

Celtic-predator

Quote from: AvatarIII on Jun 18, 2010, 03:19:07 PM
i kind of agree that it's a bit cheesy, sparta kick for example, but most of it is excellently written and acted, (i'm a massive fan of the video message/log segment) and the VFX are amazing for the budget

Excellently written and acted. I disagree, I appreciate the impressive computer effects  but how was it well written? To me it was just the Predator going in to eliminate some evidence. The acting was alright, and I know you're not going to have characterisation and back story in AvP but there felt like emotional investment in it, and that wouldn't have been THAT hard to achieve (doesn't need effects, just a character who isn't a silent, badass alien ninja) . Its a pred going in to kill things, cool, it needs to be short, ok, understood, but the result doesn't have the punch to make it: "excellently written and acted."

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Excellently written means also dialogues.
There was a good monologue (sorta) in the videolog.

Celtic-predator

Celtic-predator

Quote from: OmegaZilla on Jun 19, 2010, 09:12:52 AM
Excellently written means also dialogues.
There was a good monologue (sorta) in the videolog.

I don't know, felt kind of standard to me, excited guy talking about discovery. How about a discovery of what happened to that bandaged guy on the ship. Potential there for actually caring for one of the characters.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Dunno, he was the only survivor, he passed through all his companions being killed, I bet he's shocked.

alexpj19

alexpj19

Hey guys, I got a great news, i got an awesome manager and just signed with the 5th biggest talent agency in Hollywood ! :) Now starting to work on my own Sci-Fi idea for the development in to a full feature, so im kind of drunk to day, celebrating. and also the motion picture department of "Dark Horse" comics and a half of their studio are a big fans of AVPRD, my manager sent it to a producer over there, and they all loved it. so who knows it might be an AVP:Redemption comic book out soon. Wouldn't that be something.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed