Alien: Isolation The Novel Bursting January 2019!

Started by Corporal Hicks, Sep 01, 2018, 06:39:31 AM

Author
Alien: Isolation The Novel Bursting January 2019! (Read 68,293 times)

The Old One

The Old One

If it isn't within a film, I think it's a grave omission of a great arc conclusion for David, a realisation crumbling the A.I's perception of itself.

Perfect-Organism

Yes, we do need a wrap-up to the David story.

Still Collating...

I agree with that, I'd really like to see a conclusion for David, I just fear that Scott won't let anyone else be the creator of the Alien but David. Though of course, I could be proven wrong.

cloverfan98

I know this is odd coming from some one who loves movie novelizations but its hard for me to imagine what a book could add that would make it worth reading as opposed to playing Isolation. More insight into the characters heads I suppose but reading the book has got to be a shorter experience than playing through the game.

SM

SM

Spoiler
There's a lot about Amanda's past.
[close]

The Old One

The Old One

I hope your fear is unfounded,
Still Collating...

Kradan

Kradan

David created Aliens, Engineers, us and Ridley Scott. Deal with it.

HuDaFuK

Quote from: cloverfan98 on Jul 22, 2019, 12:30:39 AMI know this is odd coming from some one who loves movie novelizations but its hard for me to imagine what a book could add that would make it worth reading as opposed to playing Isolation. More insight into the characters heads I suppose but reading the book has got to be a shorter experience than playing through the game.

This is partly why I'm so interested in reading it, to see how it translates a fairly story-lite game into novel length.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: SM on Jul 22, 2019, 02:28:40 AM
Spoiler
There's a lot about Amanda's past.
[close]

I'm finding this to be the best part of the novel so far. I'm about 140 pages in.

SM

SM

Spoiler
Yeah, I found myself skim reading the parts adapting the game, to get to the 'new' stuff.
[close]

Corporal Hicks

My problem so far is just a general lack of
Spoiler
descriptions setting the locations. I'm not sure if I'm just skim reading or not paying attention, but I'm just finding Amanda is going up stairs that weren't described as being there earlier.
[close]
Like he's relying on me remembering it from the game.

The Old One

The Old One

Doesn't sound great, I'll wait for a full review.

HuDaFuK

My copy's on its way :)

The Old One

The Old One

I expect a full breakdown within the week.   ;D

Corporal Hicks

I think I'm gonna give this a restart and come at it again. Just not been feeling it outside of the flashbacks, but don't know if I just wasn't in the mood.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed