Pics of yourself

Started by slipknotpredator, May 04, 2007, 12:15:39 PM

Author
Pics of yourself (Read 2,391,261 times)

Topazora

Topazora

Quote from: DoomRulz on Oct 21, 2015, 11:58:15 PM
What's the sleep schedule like? I've always been under the impression that soldiers are deliberately given only 2-3 hours tops to get them used to waking up and being alert when needed.

I'm in A school- still learning my job, I haven't been to the fleet yet.  But they gave us 8 hours every night to sleep in bootcamp, and we have plenty of time to sleep when we're not in class.  Keep in mind, this is Navy, I don't know what marines or army go through.  Now what they did do was get us used to standing watch in the middle of the night.  In bootcamp, there would be two people standing watch for 2 hours, and when their two hours were up, they wake up the next two people.  One person would stand watch in the door water while the other person would rove around the compartment, making sure everything was on spot.  I was part of ship staff, so I didn't stand compartment watch, I would actually stand watch at the entry of the building.  And it's continued onto A school- and then in the fleet, the watches are considerably longer.  This morning, I had to get up at 0300 and stand watch for 2 hours before school :-P

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Topazora on Oct 21, 2015, 11:53:05 PM
Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Oct 21, 2015, 07:40:59 AM
Looking good! What pattern are the BDUs? Looks almost like digital urban but I didn't think that was used?

blue NWUs, though while they're our official uniform, the Navy's still making redesigns, apparently there are some issues with the uniform

Thanks! I never really thought a digital pattern worked well for navy myself.

THE CITY HUNTER

THE CITY HUNTER

Quote from: Topazora on Oct 22, 2015, 12:47:12 AM
What's the sleep schedule like? I've always been under the impression that soldiers are deliberately given only 2-3 hours tops to get them used to waking up and being alert when needed.

I'm in A school- still learning my job, I haven't been to the fleet yet.  But they gave us 8 hours every night to sleep in bootcamp, and we have plenty of time to sleep when we're not in class.  Keep in mind, this is Navy, I don't know what marines or army go through.  Now what they did do was get us used to standing watch in the middle of the night.  In bootcamp, there would be two people standing watch for 2 hours, and when their two hours were up, they wake up the next two people.  One person would stand watch in the door water while the other person would rove around the compartment, making sure everything was on spot.  I was part of ship staff, so I didn't stand compartment watch, I would actually stand watch at the entry of the building.  And it's continued onto A school- and then in the fleet, the watches are considerably longer.  This morning, I had to get up at 0300 and stand watch for 2 hours before school :-P
You work for the US Navy?

Topazora

Topazora

Quote from: THE CITY HUNTER on Oct 22, 2015, 03:18:49 PM

Yep, graduated bootcamp July 10th, now going to A school to be an electronic technician, then its C school next spring (I hope) and then the fleet.

THE CITY HUNTER

THE CITY HUNTER

Quote from: Topazora on Oct 22, 2015, 07:54:55 PM
Quote from: THE CITY HUNTER on Oct 22, 2015, 03:18:49 PM

Yep, graduated bootcamp July 10th, now going to A school to be an electronic technician, then its C school next spring (I hope) and then the fleet.
Good luck! hope you do well in everything.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Sideview of my gorgeous self with Mark Rolston. I've got a proper photo which I'll get scanned up soon.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Sounds pretty straightforward. I can't imagine sleeping was easy if you were rotating every two hours like that.

GQSioux

GQSioux

Me and Storm at Comikaze.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

That is a dope Storm costume! Forgive me, but what's yours?

GQSioux

GQSioux

Wonder Man (Marvel, part of the West Coast Avengers)

RagingDragon

RagingDragon

Quote from: GQSioux on Nov 04, 2015, 09:10:42 PM
Me and Storm at Comikaze.

Dude you've posted these pics for years and you are the shit!

My contrib, sad and lonely writer, but married and also happy lol. Probably why I drink.

Novak 1334

Novak 1334

FiorinaFury161

FiorinaFury161

From one (great big) beard to another, looking good.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

That f**king beard. I love it.

And wow. That is a very noticeable difference!

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed