Scrap Prometheus sequels for Alien 5?

Started by LastSurvivor92, Jun 10, 2014, 07:31:34 PM

Should 20th Century Fox scrap Prometheus sequels for an Alien 5?

Yes
13 (39.4%)
No
20 (60.6%)

Total Members Voted: 32

Author
Scrap Prometheus sequels for Alien 5? (Read 9,253 times)

LastSurvivor92

In my opinion I think the studio should. I loved the mythos of the Alien series much more than Prometheus. Even after Resurrection I was still invested in seeing where the Alien series could go and Prometheus shoved that aside.

Lemonade

Uh, they're pretty much one and the same, considering they're in the same universe and all, y'know? But I'm much more interested in Prometheus 2. I want to see more of the engineers, and I want to see the aliens through the eyes of Ridley Scott again. I also want them to be in a deep, ambitious movie. I'm done watching them hobble after people down corridors. I want a bigger universe, thematically and scope-wise.

Plus, look at Prometheus' box office gross. Its blu-ray even defeated Avatar! An Alien 5 would never be able to accomplish that. Well, an Alien 5 post-AvP/AvP2/Prometheus, anyway. Back then when Ridley and James were working on it, it would've had blockbuster potential.

I still don't understand that. You could've advertised "From the director of Alien and Gladiator" AND "From the director Aliens and Titanic". Amazing.

Elmazalman

I would rather see a sequel to Prometheus than Alien-this time with the script all ironed out.For me,Ripley's story ended in '92.

GQSioux

I'd rather have BOTH.  ;D

Kimarhi

The two most successful movies in the franchise are Alien and Aliens.  Domestically adjusting for inflation they both made more than Prometheus.

Personally I found Prometheus to be the most disappointing movie in the franchise right next to Alien Resurrection.  Though I don't include AvP and AvPR because......lol. 

Alien 5 can be successful, it just depends on who is attached to make the movie.  I really hope that Prometheus 2 tightens up the script and produces an actually interesting movie this go around. 

The lack of expansive universe in the Alien series is only limited by people's own imaginations.  The Aliens series featured the Aliens with a minor helping of the SJ.  The Prometheus story so far has featured the SJ and very little Alien.  It doesn't mean that a writer can't simply write a more expansive universe.  There is nothing limiting about the Alien franchise. 

SM

SM

Quote from: GQSioux on Jun 10, 2014, 10:50:59 PM

Yes please.

PsyKore

I honestly don't care which one, I just want whatever comes out to be a well made film for a change.

whiterabbit

Quote from: SM on Jun 11, 2014, 12:21:47 AM
Quote from: GQSioux on Jun 10, 2014, 10:50:59 PM

Yes please.
In a perfect world. However if I had to choose I'd go with Prometheus 2. I seriously wanna see where that boat is headed to.

HuDaFuK

Quote from: PsyKore on Jun 11, 2014, 01:35:25 AMI honestly don't care which one, I just want whatever comes out to be a well made film for a change.
This.

Ultramorph

IMHO the best solution would be to make both A5 and Prometheus 2. Weaver and Cameron should scrap those awful Avatar movies, or at least take a break from them, and give us Alien 5.

On that note, has anyone watched Edge of Tomorrow? The first 45 minutes or so made me want an Alien 5 even more, probably because it was good to see Bill Paxton hamming it up in a science-fiction military unit again.

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Ultramorph on Jun 11, 2014, 05:12:35 PMOn that note, has anyone watched Edge of Tomorrow? The first 45 minutes or so made me want an Alien 5 even more, probably because it was good to see Bill Paxton hamming it up in a science-fiction military unit again.
He was awesome in that, and I did get some Aliens vibes. I thought it was a surprisingly good movie.

Kimarhi

Quote from: Ultramorph on Jun 11, 2014, 05:12:35 PM
IMHO the best solution would be to make both A5 and Prometheus 2. Weaver and Cameron should scrap those awful Avatar movies, or at least take a break from them, and give us Alien 5.

On that note, has anyone watched Edge of Tomorrow? The first 45 minutes or so made me want an Alien 5 even more, probably because it was good to see Bill Paxton hamming it up in a science-fiction military unit again.

This is just wishful thinking. 

SM

SM

Cameron take a break from Avatar, his own personal ATM, after one film?

:laugh:

Kimarhi

I actually found it to be quite a bit better the second time I saw it than the first.  Still not world beating scifi but not terrible either.  Extended edition is better.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

I like Avatar. It's not exactly Shakespeare, but it entertains me (when I can find enough time to actually watch it, because as Kimarhi says, the extended version's probably better, and that's a hefty chunk of film). It's got spectacle, and Stephen Lang rocks it as the baddie.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed