Why is Alien: Resurrection hated so much?

Started by Magegg, Jan 06, 2013, 05:24:32 PM

Author
Why is Alien: Resurrection hated so much? (Read 29,050 times)

SM

So?  It was quite obviously straight and rigid.  We later see it used to brain Perez and smash a hole in Elgyn.  Same as in other films.

ScarPredator14

Who cares be happy that there was another alien movie even made ;) movie was ok . Wasn't the best but entertaining.

EJA

One of the biggest problems of the film for me is the characters. I just didn't care for any of them (well, except possibly that poor guy who got infected and killed the evil head scientist in the Betty).

bobby brown

Quote from: ScarPredator14 on Jan 09, 2013, 01:32:02 AM
Who cares be happy that there was another alien movie even made ;) movie was ok . Wasn't the best but entertaining.

QuoteActually, I loved the directing style, it was filled with irony and all that. The spider shooting and all that, the odd-mannered scientist, was genius  A very European/French sci-fi action flick, it felt so refreshing to give us that instead of just another dry and boring American film... But nonetheless, it still retained some of the American seriousness for the Ripley scenes, very well done IMO.

YES. And the newborns design isn't that shitty. it looks like exactly what it should look like. the problem is the very concept of it. However, I go on with life.

OpenMaw

Quote from: ScarPredator14 on Jan 09, 2013, 01:32:02 AM

Yes, who cares if it's any good, as long as it's got the ALIEN logo on it we should buy it!

BONE ME UP THE BUM FOX! Yes, please!

Spoiler

Sarcasm is my specialty.
[close]

I judge films based on my compulsion level to rewatch them.

Alien, Aliens... Mega rewatch.

Alien 3. Occasional rewatch.

Alien Res, AvP and AVP: R. Rarely.

Resurrection just doesn't engage me. Most of it's characters have little to do. The scenery is all browns, and feels unappealing to look at... Just... No.

StrangeShape

Last time Ive seen resurection in full was in 2001. I tried to rewatch it once since then and couldnt make it past 10 minutes. I tried again 2 days ago and managed to get into 20 minutes but just couldnt make it any further. I tried to at least not to hate it as much, but I still dislike the movie as much as a movie can be disliked

HybridNewborn

Quote from: OpenMaw on Jan 29, 2013, 11:27:49 AM
I judge films based on my compulsion level to rewatch them.

Alien, Aliens... Mega rewatch.

Alien 3. Occasional rewatch.

Alien Res, AvP and AVP: R. Rarely.

Resurrection just doesn't engage me. Most of it's characters have little to do. The scenery is all browns, and feels unappealing to look at... Just... No.

of the films, I rewatch Alien, Aliens, Predator, Alien 3 (Assembly cut), Alien vs Predator, Predators, and Prometheus the most.

Resurrection's tone just doesn't mesh well with the rest of the franchise to me. That's not to say it isn't a good film in and of itself, I'm just not sure if it's a good Alien film.

It's also so far removed timeline wise from the rest of the films that it almost consigns them to not mattering. It's afar in the future and the big bad company that had such a grasp on the world was bought out by wallmart and is a bit of a joke. wtf? It kind of makes Ripley struggling against them almost comical in retrospect, which is kind of denigrating to the films that came before in my opinion.

SM

The Wal*Mart thing was cut from the 'official' version.

And they never got their hands on an Alien, so with her rebirth she effectively outlasted them.

Local Trouble

I agree with all the AR-hatred in this thread, but the AR fans are welcome to try and change my mind.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Don't know why they should (or how they could).

Local Trouble

Internet people need other internet people to agree with them.  That need is the driving force of the internet. 

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Yyyyyyyyyyyyyeah and A:R fans have plenty of other people to agree with.

Alien³

Alien³

I'm so tired of Resurrection now that I just don't care about it. Such a boring, aggravating mess.

OpenMaw

Quote from: SM on Jan 29, 2013, 09:56:06 PM
The Wal*Mart thing was cut from the 'official' version.

And they never got their hands on an Alien, so with her rebirth she effectively outlasted them.

Yeah, but even still... What the Hell were they thinking? That it even made it to celluloid just baffles me.

Local Trouble

They were thinking it was clever.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed