The eggs on the derelict (Aliens)

Started by Infected, Apr 01, 2011, 08:38:25 PM

Author
The eggs on the derelict (Aliens) (Read 16,229 times)

SpreadEagleBeagle

Quote from: SiL on Apr 03, 2011, 11:31:35 AM
No, you send a team to grab an egg.

...But wouldn't that be too easy?

StrangeShape

Quote from: Infected on Apr 03, 2011, 11:27:35 AM
Quote from: StrangeShape on Apr 03, 2011, 11:11:33 AM
Quote from: Infected on Apr 03, 2011, 11:03:50 AM

I mean whats more worth to the company 20.000 tons of minerals to get back to Earth or putting the lives and the cargo in jeopardy for a simple alien warning signal.
Therefore they had to know it.

And think about it. If they knew they have a one of a kind, precious alien for bioweapons division there, they would send some dumb truckers in a battered old oil ship to retrieve? No. They would send some super team right away like in Alien 3
How would you capture a xeno? go head on with a attack crew and knowing or your men will get killed or the xeno would get wasted or would you try to trap it contain it in a closed enviroment? were you could put it to sleep. i know this is a bad comparison but look at how they did it in ressurection put a group of suckers in a room and get them infected and voila.

This

And the fact that we see in Alien 3 what an alien retrieving mission is like - they are send in a war ship with the armed and shielded team. For one alien they send a giant war ship specially for the alien, with one of the company's biggest names, best surgeons and armed team with cages for the alien and special suits. And yet for a ship full of eggs they wouldnt bother sending anyone but a group of cheap truckers in an old freighter who would probably try to kill him? Does not compute

Infected

Is not possible,
as far as i know the eggs get activated by something and always when humans around.
You can trap it though but dont know how long a facehugger will live or survive on its own.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

It's, indeed possible, and much easy may I say. They just have to grab it with a mechanical arm, and put it into a container. Job done.

Infected

Quote from: StrangeShape on Apr 03, 2011, 11:42:53 AM
Quote from: Infected on Apr 03, 2011, 11:27:35 AM
Quote from: StrangeShape on Apr 03, 2011, 11:11:33 AM
Quote from: Infected on Apr 03, 2011, 11:03:50 AM

I mean whats more worth to the company 20.000 tons of minerals to get back to Earth or putting the lives and the cargo in jeopardy for a simple alien warning signal.
Therefore they had to know it.

And think about it. If they knew they have a one of a kind, precious alien for bioweapons division there, they would send some dumb truckers in a battered old oil ship to retrieve? No. They would send some super team right away like in Alien 3
How would you capture a xeno? go head on with a attack crew and knowing or your men will get killed or the xeno would get wasted or would you try to trap it contain it in a closed enviroment? were you could put it to sleep. i know this is a bad comparison but look at how they did it in ressurection put a group of suckers in a room and get them infected and voila.

This

And the fact that we see in Alien 3 what an alien retrieving mission is like - they are send in a war ship with the armed and shielded team. For one alien they send a giant war ship specially for the alien, with one of the company's biggest names, best surgeons and armed team with cages for the alien and special suits. And yet for a ship full of eggs they wouldnt bother sending anyone but a group of cheap truckers in an old freighter who would probably try to kill him? Does not compute
The situation in Alien3 is different its already on the loose i bet they would have send that same warship when the Nostromo came into close range of Earth or at least meet it halfway to intercept.
And they didnt know the jockey was dead and the jockey was probably to there knowledge not able to be controlled and a weapon like the xeno's.

Infected

Quote from: OmegaZilla on Apr 03, 2011, 11:44:53 AM
It's, indeed possible, and much easy may I say. They just have to grab it with a mechanical arm, and put it into a container. Job done.
Maybe,
in a paul anderson script.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Or just simple thinking on WY's part, don't you think?
It's not impossible, come on.

Infected

Quote from: OmegaZilla on Apr 03, 2011, 11:57:20 AM
Or just simple thinking on WY's part, don't you think?
It's not impossible, come on.
Ive always believed that they are far superior to humans because they feel things and like a sixth sense we have they have too and when they are moved by something like mechanics they feel they know they get activated.
But as long as there a 4 different movies on them yes you could be right.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

If I use a mechanical arm to grab the egg on a distance, and then put it in a safe container, the job is done, and there's nothing farfetched. At all.

SpreadEagleBeagle

...But people here are into far-fetched conspiracies. The more implausible and illogical the evil master-plan is, the better.

Infected

Quote from: SpreadEagleBeagle on Apr 03, 2011, 12:05:02 PM
...But people here are into far-fetched conspiracies. The more implausible and illogical the evil master-plan is, the better.
Not really,
if you watch Alien you can tell they are send there as meat for the grinder.

Infected

Quote from: OmegaZilla on Apr 03, 2011, 12:02:26 PM
If I use a mechanical arm to grab the egg on a distance, and then put it in a safe container, the job is done, and there's nothing farfetched. At all.
Great then you go on ahead and do that.
go get some eggs with you mech arm.
But you dont have one and you dont have xeno eggs,
so kinda farfetched of you to say such a farfetched thing.  ;)

SpreadEagleBeagle

Quote from: Infected on Apr 03, 2011, 12:13:51 PM
Not really,

Hence the "illogical the evil master-plan" part...

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Quote from: Infected on Apr 03, 2011, 12:16:10 PM
Great then you go on ahead and do that.
go get some eggs with you mech arm.
But you dont have one and you dont have xeno eggs,
so kinda farfetched of you to say such a farfetched thing.  ;)

Infected

Quote from: SpreadEagleBeagle on Apr 03, 2011, 12:39:37 PM
Quote from: Infected on Apr 03, 2011, 12:13:51 PM
Not really,

Hence the "illogical the evil master-plan" part...
You miss the camera work on Ash i say go watch it again.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed