Why do Aliens have such large heads?

Started by The Ultimate Predator, Jan 16, 2007, 03:20:52 PM

Author
Why do Aliens have such large heads? (Read 13,938 times)

~Jarrecko~

well they have big heads because they have big brains. Problem solved!

Ava

Ava

Why do they need big brain when they have IQ of the dogs?  ???

Eidotemit

Im sure they have an IQ higher than a dog, Id put them more on par with dolphins or higher.

Mr. Weyland

the only reson the alien looks the way it does is because of the original art, Ridley Scott saw this picture and thought it was the perfect look for the alien.

samoht

The aliens head is very interesting in my opinion. But why is it so long?

I have read before that it contain a massive brain?
Do you guys agree that its souly for its brain?

I think the aliens brain may be that big. It seems to be very very adaptable and seems to learn very easily and quickly. I suppose there are some parts of its brain that are way larger than a human brain, but other parts that are a lot smaller.

Any thoughts?

A discussion would be good.

Nightlord

I seem to remember from them talking about the design on the first movie that its meant to reference being phallic.

Basher917

maybe to hold an organ producing the corrosive blood, that's what I've always thought, through it's unlikely

creature creator

i always thought it was just because it was a creation of Giger, he always makes sexual formes in his designs............you can fill in yourself what the head looks like :-X

JB

Alexa Chung

It keeps its reproductive organs in there. Headbite -> Egg.

Basher917

for egg morphing or growing into a queen?

Alexa Chung

Egg morph. Just a pet theory, mind.

Basher917

interesting...

TheMonolith

I always thought that aliens communicated through inaudible sounds and the heads size helps pick that up.
Also the size could account for super advanced senses of smell, sight and hearing, as well as increased learning capacity.
Though the purpose was to be phallic, that is not the reason it is that way in the films.

PredalienXenomorph

Non-canon: In Aliens: Labrynth it was stated that the brain is likely in the back of the Alien. It also said their is an organ in the head that acts as a receptor for *wait for it* brainwaves. It also said allowed the Alien to see the minds of other creatures in a physcic(spelling?) form.   My opion from Films: I believe there is something in the Aliens head that allows them to see us in a sense and also acts as a brain.

MadassAlex

1. 'Cause it's phallic.

2. If AvP is anything to go by, there are some brain structures that resemble ours enough to be called brain-like.

3. Muscles for working the inner jaw. Imagine the power dedicated to just that. 

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed