Predator: If It Bleeds - New Predator Anthology

Started by Corporal Hicks, Aug 02, 2016, 03:47:44 PM

Author
Predator: If It Bleeds - New Predator Anthology (Read 121,649 times)

Xenomrph

Quote from: BryanThomasS on Dec 08, 2017, 02:18:13 AM
Here I am trying to give you your dream and you do me like that. smh. :)

Oh well in that case,

THIS IS A DREAM COME TRUE

BryanThomasS

THAT'S more like it. lol :laugh:

GreybackElder

To echo some of the replies already posted, I'd love to see the development of the OWLF team. Perhaps, even a prequel with Keyes. Was the team ever successful? Do they have predator tech? A ship?

BryanThomasS

I only recall seeing OWLF in Predator 2. Is that correct?  Did they appear anywhere else?

Xenomrph

Quote from: BryanThomasS on Dec 09, 2017, 05:38:34 PM
I only recall seeing OWLF in Predator 2. Is that correct?  Did they appear anywhere else?
I don't think they're mentioned by name, but it can be inferred in the 'Predator: Race War' comic is that the otherwise unnamed "Blondie" character is Peter Keyes. That said, it's more likely that Blondie is Claude Loudermilk, from 'Predator: Bad Blood'.
Either way it'd be trivially easy to say that the task forces in both Race War and Bad Blood were OWLF, even if they're not mentioned by name as such.

Xenopedia claims the OWLF get a name-drop on the video screens in 'AvP: Requiem', but I can't personally confirm that. Having said that, I know that originally Robert Joy's character of "Colonel Stevens" was originally meant to be Garber, with Adam Baldwin returning to play him. Stevens could very well be OWLF, I don't think there's anything to really contradict that - even the AvPRequiem trading cards mention that Stevens is "a man who knows his aliens", implying prior exposure or knowledge.

The Alien Predator

Quote from: Xenomrph on Dec 09, 2017, 08:54:22 PM
I don't think they're mentioned by name, but it can be inferred in the 'Predator: Race War' comic is that the otherwise unnamed "Blondie" character is Peter Keyes. That said, it's more likely that Blondie is Claude Loudermilk, from 'Predator: Bad Blood'.
Either way it'd be trivially easy to say that the task forces in both Race War and Bad Blood were OWLF, even if they're not mentioned by name as such.

Xenopedia claims the OWLF get a name-drop on the video screens in 'AvP: Requiem', but I can't personally confirm that. Having said that, I know that originally Robert Joy's character of "Colonel Stevens" was originally meant to be Garber, with Adam Baldwin returning to play him. Stevens could very well be OWLF, I don't think there's anything to really contradict that - even the AvPRequiem trading cards mention that Stevens is "a man who knows his aliens", implying prior exposure or knowledge.

You beat me to it!  I just clicked "Reply" and was about to type my response to Bryan, but you totally ninja'd me.

Yes, you're correct.

The story in "If It Bleeds" that has a captive Predator and a suit made from reverse-engineered tech. Could these people be connected to OWLF? I know it wasn't mentioned, but I got that kind of impression.

Xenomrph

Quote from: The Alien Predator on Dec 09, 2017, 08:57:34 PM

You beat me to it!  I just clicked "Reply" and was about to type my response to Bryan, but you totally ninja'd me.

Yes, you're correct.

The story in "If It Bleeds" that has a captive Predator and a suit made from reverse-engineered tech. Could these people be connected to OWLF? I know it wasn't mentioned, but I got that kind of impression.
I haven't read 'Predator: Hunters' yet, do the OWLF get a mention or anything in that series?

Russ840

No mention of OWLF in 'Hunters'.

The Alien Predator

Quote from: Xenomrph on Dec 09, 2017, 09:02:40 PM
Quote from: The Alien Predator on Dec 09, 2017, 08:57:34 PM

Yes, you're correct.

I haven't read 'Predator: Hunters' yet, do the OWLF get a mention or anything in that series?

Not really.

But
Spoiler
one of the characters does seem to be someone who gives off an OWLF vibe. She also has some captured and reverse engineered Predator technology that her assembled team of survivors from previous Predator encounters use.
[close]

BryanThomasS

HuDaFuK

Quote from: BryanThomasS on Dec 07, 2017, 03:56:39 PMYeah, both Schaefers are worthy of more story.

Just gonna throw in my usual "Please give the guy a first name!" bit here :laugh:

BryanThomasS

They both have first names.

HuDaFuK

Really? I don't ever recall Detective Schaefer being given one.

BryanThomasS

Pretty sure he was. Will have to go look.

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

Yeah I don't recall Det. Schaefer getting a first name.

Edit-- Xenopedia doesn't have a first name for him.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed