Major problem with stuttering & choppy cinematic cut-scenes on all platforms

Started by Sakishiro, Oct 09, 2014, 06:28:58 AM

Author
Major problem with stuttering & choppy cinematic cut-scenes on all platforms (Read 6,401 times)

WinterActual

Quote from: Le Celticant on Oct 12, 2014, 03:28:42 PM
a high end graphic card (above or equal 500 series for NVIDIA)

? ? ?  :laugh:

Predatorium

I don't have any problems with the cut scenes, I play with vertical sync OFF, could that be the solution?

PRI. HUDSON

I didn't notice it. Must have been minor.

Xhan

Xhan

Quote from: Predatorium on Oct 12, 2014, 09:43:38 PM
I don't have any problems with the cut scenes, I play with vertical sync OFF, could that be the solution?

I usually have it on at all times as I like keeping my cards around and aren't really interested in drawing hundreds of unused frames, and wouldn't you know, payow, smooth as butter. They're probably using a defined frame limiter during the cutscenes to keep audio and video synced for custom setups or non-standard codecs, so basically with vsync you'll have same issue as dead space did.

Ain't turning it off for one game though, Aliems or otherwise.

They should have shipped a standardized codec with the game to begin with, they do it with run-time libraries, no reason not to do it with codecs either, provided they has access to an agnostic one. (I'm sure they do)

Cal427eb

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed