For Those That Have Played...

Started by Taxemic, Oct 06, 2014, 10:22:24 PM

Author
For Those That Have Played... (Read 2,604 times)

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Xhan on Oct 08, 2014, 05:22:13 AM
Survivor teaches you how to cheap the AI and turns IsolAlien from an experience into "how to make the software do stupid things so you can "win" the game".

What makes you think that?

szkoki

szkoki

Quote from: I Come In Peace on Oct 08, 2014, 07:32:18 AM
how is the ps3 version of this game. thats the only system i own.

i experienced frame rate drops 3 times: in some cut scene,  in one big area where u just run through and once in a fight wich was a bit annoying. other than that the game is still beautifully detailed on PS3 imo

Xhan

Xhan

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Oct 08, 2014, 08:46:21 AM
Quote from: Xhan on Oct 08, 2014, 05:22:13 AM
Survivor teaches you how to cheap the AI and turns IsolAlien from an experience into "how to make the software do stupid things so you can "win" the game".

What makes you think that?

Bigger Chap has very telegraphed audio and video cues, and as for droids, stealth is pretty much wasted on them unless they're camping a door you have to interact with to open.

Familiarity -> Xhantempt, blah blah blah

Everything is new and shit now, but if you watch a lot of videos or do Medical a bunch of times, you can start to suss out sets of states, which can allow you to work the system. Now there is fuzziness in there as well, so to CA's credit nothing is guaranteed, but some things can pared to pretty short lists, especially after you get the FT and start putting pipebombs with noisemaker/FBs, and then when you use them enough, he'll pretty much do the opposite, which if you've trained him right is also something you can exploit.

As good as Bigger Chap's state machine is, CA also had to cheat, his proximity tether on hard is pretty obviously deliberately truncated, and Medical/*** **** shows this off in spades; he only wanders where you are whether he saw/heard you or not, even when you make the level three times bigger than it used to be by opening doors, and given how fast his cones snap together on hard for maximum focus, it's really not much use hiding in USE_COVER spots unless you made a giant ass racket in a dead end spot.

It's about skirting the law of averages.

hfeldhaus

hfeldhaus

damn dude, you make the game sound like its no fun

PRI. HUDSON

PRI. HUDSON

Quote from: hfeldhaus on Oct 08, 2014, 08:44:23 PM

Which is why I don't listen to much of what he says. A little too cynical for my taste.

Xhan

Xhan

It's plenty fun, it won't be as fun some months from now, such is the nature of sending puzzle-y game unprotected out into the wild internets.

If it wasn't fun I wouldn't be playing it twice.

Vrastal

Vrastal

It is loads of fun. Ill be playing it for years to come, Hopefully i can get a new computer and wont have to worry about all of these crashing problems. but ill love playing this game.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed