Why Alien: Romulus pits the Xenomorph against a younger crew

Started by Nightmare Asylum, May 03, 2024, 05:18:28 PM

Author
Why Alien: Romulus pits the Xenomorph against a younger crew (Read 10,660 times)

solace97

I wonder if this is the xeno design or the human hybrid

Local Trouble

Quote from: SiL on May 03, 2024, 10:37:30 PMThe shot of Spaeny holding the rifle with a guy helping her has ramped the shitty midquel vibes to danger levels.

For me it's compounded the shitty midquel vibes with shitty YA movie vibes.

cockroach

Looks cool to me.

Does this alien still have a long phallic shaped head like in the first three movies?

Mike’s Monsters

Quote from: Acid_Reign161 on May 03, 2024, 10:12:10 PM
Quote from: Mike's Monsters on May 03, 2024, 07:59:35 PM
Spoiler
Big Chap looks like Big Chap. The new Xeno is its own thing, and I personally don't feel comparing all the details between the two is all that necessary. It's a new design, which is expected with every new movie. I really dug the new look, and am excited for the toys to come out of it. Did not have the same feeling when I watched Covenant.
[close]

Ahh, so is this new image actually of
Spoiler
the 'human-like' xeno
[close]
that was mentioned in previous leaks? If so, that majorly puts my mind at rest
Spoiler
that we aren't getting something that looks remotely like the newborn
[close]
😃

The Xeno in the photo is the Xeno in the film. It's nothing else.

SiL

Quote from: Local Trouble on May 03, 2024, 11:06:30 PM
Quote from: SiL on May 03, 2024, 10:37:30 PMThe shot of Spaeny holding the rifle with a guy helping her has ramped the shitty midquel vibes to danger levels.

For me it's compounded the shitty midquel vibes with shitty YA movie vibes.
It's the YA version of Aliens but with more violence.

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: cockroach on May 03, 2024, 11:09:13 PMLooks cool to me.

Does this alien still have a long phallic shaped head like in the first three movies?

Now added foreskin, from the look of things!

Local Trouble

If one of the characters doesn't say "so that just happened," I riot.  I need my fix of Whedon-style quips.

cucuchu

Wonder which character will be the one constantly complaining "Game over, man!" when it all goes to shit.

Sabres21768

It looks like its shoulders are like the Protomorph in Covenant.

BigDaddyJohn

Quote from: solace97 on May 03, 2024, 10:52:52 PMI wonder if this is the xeno design or the human hybrid

The former.

Noe

SiL

We've seen this kind of Alien dome where the front lobe is more pronounced a few times in comics, between interior art and covers. Maybe not this exact look, but similar.

Acid_Reign161

Quote from: SiL on May 04, 2024, 01:44:51 AMWe've seen this kind of Alien dome where the front lobe is more pronounced a few times in comics, between interior art and covers. Maybe not this exact look, but similar.

Indeed. It also put me in mind of the Aracnoid Alien from Capcom's Aliens vs Predator Arcade :-)

solace97

Quote from: Mike's Monsters on May 03, 2024, 11:14:41 PM
Quote from: Acid_Reign161 on May 03, 2024, 10:12:10 PM
Quote from: Mike's Monsters on May 03, 2024, 07:59:35 PM
Spoiler
Big Chap looks like Big Chap. The new Xeno is its own thing, and I personally don't feel comparing all the details between the two is all that necessary. It's a new design, which is expected with every new movie. I really dug the new look, and am excited for the toys to come out of it. Did not have the same feeling when I watched Covenant.
[close]

Ahh, so is this new image actually of
Spoiler
the 'human-like' xeno
[close]
that was mentioned in previous leaks? If so, that majorly puts my mind at rest
Spoiler
that we aren't getting something that looks remotely like the newborn
[close]
😃

The Xeno in the photo is the Xeno in the film. It's nothing else.

Is this just a weird angle then? The head is making me a little nervous. The details look amazing but it almost look like the head is overly curved and narrow in the back, far from a traditional xenomorph dome. Hope they didn't try to do too much to make it noticeably different

SiL

Quote from: solace97 on May 04, 2024, 02:58:43 AMIs this just a weird angle then? The head is making me a little nervous. The details look amazing but it almost look like the head is overly curved and narrow in the back, far from a traditional xenomorph dome. Hope they didn't try to do too much to make it noticeably different
it's a distinctly new dome shape.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed