Dan Trachtenberg To Direct New Standalone ‘Predator’ Movie ‘Badlands’ As 20th Ce

Started by MudButt, Feb 09, 2024, 06:03:51 PM

Author
Dan Trachtenberg To Direct New Standalone ‘Predator’ Movie ‘Badlands’ As 20th Ce (Read 26,758 times)

Nightmare Asylum

Bet this gets officially announced at CinemaCon today.

Mike’s Monsters

Did I say June? I can't remember specifically stating that but could be wrong. Lots been going on lately.

I do know camera, hair, makeup and lighting tests have been shot with some folks. I won't be surprised if full production is going ahead already, or starting soon.

Nightmare Asylum

All the more reason for a CinemaCon announcement, then!

Disney's panel starts in a bit under three hours.

RoguePred1987

Quote from: Mike's Monsters on Apr 11, 2024, 06:49:14 PMDid I say June? I can't remember specifically stating that but could be wrong. Lots been going on lately.

I do know camera, hair, makeup and lighting tests have been shot with some folks. I won't be surprised if full production is going ahead already, or starting soon.

I think you had said you'd heard they might go by late June.

BigDaddyJohn

Cinema Con was 8-11 april so it's over now. Any news out ?

Corporal Hicks

BigDaddyJohn

I guess it's a bit early for info then. Patience is a virtue !

Nightmare Asylum

Yep, I was wrong on that one. Paramount used a lot of their panel time to make new announcements, so I figured Disney would do the same, but it turns out Disney instead primarily focused on showing off footage off from the stuff that they have coming out in the immediate future.

The Shuriken

The Shuriken

Prey didn't get a lot of press beyond its announcement and the main actress. I expect this movie will be kept under wraps until a trailer, and official plot synopsis is released. I expect we are in for a long wait for substantial news.

Nightmare Asylum

Prey was a Hulu release, though. I'd imagine the plan is likely going to be to go theatrical with Badlands, and if so it'll have a different kind of marketing push.

At the very least, we'll get some casting announcements before the film goes into production.

Mike’s Monsters

Quote from: RoguePred1987 on Apr 12, 2024, 11:52:01 AM
Quote from: Mike's Monsters on Apr 11, 2024, 06:49:14 PMDid I say June? I can't remember specifically stating that but could be wrong. Lots been going on lately.

Sounds like something I'd say. Been dealing with a lot of bullshit lately and a little forgetful at the moment. We will see! Knowing they've already done tests, it wouldn't surprise me if they indeed start something then. But we will find out eventually. If I hear more, I'll definitely drop it here. But for now, it's quiet again.

MudButt

Quote from: Mike's Monsters on Apr 12, 2024, 04:59:15 PM
Quote from: RoguePred1987 on Apr 12, 2024, 11:52:01 AM

Sounds like something I'd say. Been dealing with a lot of bullshit lately and a little forgetful at the moment. We will see! Knowing they've already done tests, it wouldn't surprise me if they indeed start something then. But we will find out eventually. If I hear more, I'll definitely drop it here. But for now, it's quiet again.

The trades reported it was looking at a July start date.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/movies/movie-news/new-predator-movie-badlands-1235820958/

QuoteAs with Prey, Trachtenberg wrote the story with Patrick Aison, with the latter penning the screenplay. The project has been working under invisibility for some time and is far enough along that a July start of production is being planned.

The Shuriken

If they start filming in July, then casting and plot synopsis should be coming soon right?

BigDaddyJohn

Maybe the lead/leads, but not necessarily more than that.

RoguePred1987

maybe a similar pattern to Prey and Alien: Romulus. first the lead then groups of casting production ramps up?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed