Nolands Weapon in Trailer

Started by Firestorm, Mar 20, 2010, 01:26:03 PM

Author
Nolands Weapon in Trailer (Read 1,024 times)

Firestorm

Firestorm

Just wondering what everyones thoughts are on the origins of this weapon?

Hand held predator weapon technology or possibly some other alien kit from another race of fodder dropped onto the planet?

The possibilities of its origin are endless, unless of course it is in the script that it is in fact Pred-Tech, as i haven't yet read the script and won't be reading it. Apologies if this is the case.

Discuss?

Davjo

Davjo

Quote from: Evil six on Mar 20, 2010, 01:26:03 PM
Just wondering what everyones thoughts are on the origins of this weapon?

Hand held predator weapon technology or possibly some other alien kit from another race of fodder dropped onto the planet?

The possibilities of its origin are endless, unless of course it is in the script that it is in fact Pred-Tech, as i haven't yet read the script and won't be reading it. Apologies if this is the case.

Discuss?

I think it look like some kind of alien weapon, but it also looks like its been modified.

Don't know if a Pred would handle such a big gun when they can use double shoulder canons that makes aiming alot easier.

ScoobySnax

ScoobySnax

I kinda' like to think of it as some sort of Flamethrower. Just gives me that kinda' impression. Heck theirs a Forest fire in the movie, right?!

perhaps it is left over from other aliens that preds have kidnapped, or maybe it is an old predator weapon from long ago?

Master

Master

It looks to me like hand-made combination of few plasma casters.

Veteran Warrior

Veteran Warrior

Quote from: AvatarIII on Mar 20, 2010, 02:07:51 PM
perhaps it is left over from other aliens that preds have kidnapped, or maybe it is an old predator weapon from long ago?

Quote from: Master on Mar 20, 2010, 02:49:09 PM

Both ideas seem plausible

jaztermareal

jaztermareal

Quote from: Master on Mar 20, 2010, 02:49:09 PM

that could help explain multiple target dots

Adey

Adey

didn't noland
Spoiler
kill the pred to survive on that planet and it said in the script noland kills one of the preds from behind when we first meet him, think its the falconer pred.
[close]
That could be a pred weapon from the former i mentioned in my spoiler and he does the latter i mentioned in my spoiler with it.

Master

Master

No I think there was no such thing in script.

Remonster

Remonster

Quote from: Adey on Mar 20, 2010, 05:51:47 PM
didn't noland
Spoiler
kill the pred to survive on that planet and it said in the script noland kills one of the preds from behind when we first meet him, think its the falconer pred.
[close]
That could be a pred weapon from the former i mentioned in my spoiler and he does the latter i mentioned in my spoiler with it.

No, Noland
Spoiler
Kills an insectioid creature that is attacking the group, saving Royce's life. It mentions him using a rifle, and wearing a Ghillie suit, not a predator helmet.
[close]

Corporate Merc

Corporate Merc

Probably a predator weapon he stole and modified himself seems more likely.

Federick Gonsa

Federick Gonsa

Maybe its custome made. He has infinite ammount of time to do whatever weapon he wishes. I could be wrong.

OpenMaw

OpenMaw

Given the other Predator gear he seems to have (The mask)... It is my guess he has cannibalised an entire Predator arsenal to make that weapon. Probably taking the power pack, targetting system, and cannon, merging them onto maybe some of his own equipment to make it a "rifle." (Taking the frame of say a Nam era M60 and putting it all together somehow.)

As someone said, could also just be some other alien's gun.  ;D

The Mercenary

The Mercenary

The script describes him as having an arsenal of weapons in his cave, some are human the rest are alien technology. So its possible he's combined a pred weapon with other alien weaponry to come up with the rifle seen in the trailer.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed