New Members >>> Introduce Yourself

Started by Darkness, Nov 01, 2006, 08:01:10 AM

Author
New Members >>> Introduce Yourself (Read 1,303,624 times)

Kradan

Kradan

We're already have one here. May his name remain unmentioned

Local Trouble

The new guy's initials are SM too!  :o

KranfordTButcher

Hellooo beautiful people.

I actually dropped in because I noticed the discord server and I've been on a bit of an AVP kick lately. Figured I'd get myself established. 8)

Anywho, I've been a fan of these three franchises since probably around... I'd like to say 2002 or so, which would put me at around 13 at the time. My eldest brother a year or two before had written up stats for the predator in 3rd edition Dungeons and Dragons (we did sci-fi stuff with it every now and then) while we were on vacation in North Carolina at the Outer Banks. I heard him and another friend talk with people about Aliens Vs Predator 1999, but hadn't seen either franchise, so I didn't know what to expect.

And then my brothers bought AVP 1999 Gold Edition and AVP2 just a year or so later, and I was hooked. And then I got to watch the movies, starting with Predator and Predator 2. I still love watching Gary Busey get cut in two by a vorpal frisbee of death. Aliens I actually did not see until a few years later, but I enjoyed it just as much as the original Predator. Then came the AVP movies, and I was let down by the first, and thankfully did not see the second. In hindsight, I can definitely say that AvP 2004 is not a great movie, but it does get some things right, and the commentary is hilarious.

Let's see... then I got to play AVP 2010 and later Colonial Marines... 2010 was decent, but short and definitely had two tough acts to follow. With Colonial Marines, all I can say is thank the Almighty I did not buy this when it first came out and instead waited for all the insanity to die down, some bugs to be fixed, and most importantly, for it to come on sale so that I wouldn't feel robbed. Nothing steams my clams more than to see such a great opportunity for a game or movie be absolutely wasted.

And then... we have the comics. Oh my heavens, I LOVE the comics. The stories they tell are light years ahead of what came out in the movies after Aliens and Predator 2, and I just keep wondering why the deuce the idiot execs at Fox never thought to adapt THOSE.

Anywho, I think that establishes my avp 'cred. At this point I think I'll dive in and enjoy myself.

Zalroth2468

Hello! My name is zal and im new to the whole forums thing, I am 20 years old and love the predalien.

Kradan

Kradan

Quote from: Zalroth2468 on Aug 29, 2020, 06:37:04 AM
Hello! My name is zal and im new to the whole forums thing, I am 20 years old and love the predalien.

Really ? I'd never guess it !  ;D

Anyway, welcome and feel free to express your love and passion for both franchises

But be afraid of this man:

Spoiler

Corporal Hicks

The Almighty and Distinguished Evil Dictator
[close]

Andrea90

Andrea90

Hi.
I am Andrea, from Italy, I am 30 and fan of Alien saga and all concerns Ridley Scott.
Nice to meet you.  8)

Master Chief

Welcome aboard, new recruits!

FRIECKEN

FRIECKEN

Greetings! I've been playing AVP, since the 1999 release, and loved the MPLAYER!!

Fulcrum29SMT

Hello everyone!

I'm a newcomer to the forum, but not to AvP in general, as I've watched all of the movies, and have recently unearthed (and played the hell out) of my copy that I got for Christmas 2001 when I still was in my late teens.
Now, I'm here to discuss the franchise and that game, and to learn about all of the content I've missed in 19 years.

Thank you in advance for having me over and see you soon on the forums!

Master Chief

Welcome aboard, recruits!  Hope you enjoy the site!

Please see the Forum Rules / Help FAQ or reach out to any Moderator if you have any questions or concerns.

Javasquirrel

Hi everyone!  New here, but long time Alien/Predator fan.  Look forward to chatting amongst everyone.

Fulcrum29SMT

Thanks, I'm really enjoying my stay so far, I've lurked a little before I started posting again, I'm looking forward to participating more!

Master Chief

Quote from: Javasquirrel on Oct 04, 2020, 10:38:10 PM
Hi everyone!  New here, but long time Alien/Predator fan.  Look forward to chatting amongst everyone.

Which species do you prefer? Choose wisely.  ;)

Quote from: Fulcrum29SMT on Oct 16, 2020, 03:45:28 PM
Thanks, I'm really enjoying my stay so far, I've lurked a little before I started posting again, I'm looking forward to participating more!
Glad to hear!

Voodoo Magic

Welcome mates!!

BrassBrutal

Hello people, i'm not used to these retro forums, just happy to see an active AvP Forum, I personally hail from the days of playing AvP in Mplayer and both AvP and AvP Gold on Gamespy, I returned to playing AvP for a short while on Steam but by that time I was no where near the player I was. These days I play a lot of battle royale games on both PS4 and IOS and prior to that it was mostly Battlefield games on PS3/PS4. It would be nice to have some kind of online reunion for the old school gaming folk.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed