New Members >>> Introduce Yourself

Started by Darkness, Nov 01, 2006, 08:01:10 AM

Author
New Members >>> Introduce Yourself (Read 1,303,362 times)

Amaterasu

Welcome Mr. Sin;D

Mr. Sin

Darwinsgirl

Welcome Mr. Sin

There's an amazing amount of information here on all things ALIEN  ;D

Mr. Sin

Mr. Sin

Quote from: Darwinsgirl on Apr 05, 2014, 03:24:31 PM

Welcome Mr. Sin

There's an amazing amount of information here on all things ALIEN  ;D

Greetings! Thank you for the warm welcome everyone! Yes, I'm discovering that I am not in fact as huge a fan of the franchise as I once believed. I do love it, but find myself humbled, or perturbed by the "immerse-philosophies" I've come across...

It seems simple commercially-viable comics and movies, to myself, are not so to others who are slightly more... passionate, haha.

Still, interesting to read some of the posts.

FiorinaFury161

FiorinaFury161

Welcome to the Galaxy! You seem like an intelligent person, I bet you know that Bishop II in Alien 3 is a human!

If you ever have an Alien related question, SM is one to ask. Da man knowz everytang!

Mr. Sin

Mr. Sin

Quote from: FiorinaFury161 on Apr 05, 2014, 06:48:29 PM
Welcome to the Galaxy! You seem like an intelligent person, I bet you know that Bishop II in Alien 3 is a human!

I don't want to be presumptuous and assume you are referring to me, but if you are, THANKS for the welcome!

Yes, I did know Bishop II was human, not just from his red-fleshed ear hanging off his head, but because I am acquaintances with the good folks at Amalgamated Dynamics, who explained some of the BTS information. I actually managed to get my hands on the dog-alien's inner jaw casting for a moment many years ago! It was awesome to see the details.

I suspect if I haphazardly jumped into a post and said Bishop II was a human, I'd get quite the backlash despite the aforementioned evidence to the contrary, but that is part of the forum experience, as I understand it. I'm not to adept at this sort of network socializing, I'm more of a person to person type.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: Mr. Sin on Apr 04, 2014, 10:10:51 PM
Greetings! I'm Mr. Sin, an avid ALIEN fan and husband/father. I don't generally join forums, but this site seems extremely up to date on all things ALIEN related, so it seemed worth the time to join the community.

Not sure what to share as I don't know the demographic. I can tell you what I don't value, of course, at the risk of sounding curmudgeonly.

I don't appreciate rudeness, any opinion that cannot at least be partially supported by a verifiable factual piece of data, and lastly, I don't engage in online spats (the physical community which one associates is rude enough).

So that is myself! Glad to meet you all!

Welcome! We do our best to keep the spats in check but I'd be lying if I said they have a bad habit of cropping up more often than not. All the same, enjoy your time with us :)

Mr. Sin

Mr. Sin

Greetings, DoomRulez! Thanks for the welcome. So far everyone here is great. I'm quickly discovering that any rude comments made are all in good fun, though, I don't understand how that works myself. If my son spoke to anyone else the way some of these good folks do, he'd be grounded for a week. :D

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

Its best not to take anything too seriously.  Most of us have been around for years so talking pretty raw to each other is the norm.  Not serious at all.

Vaidyanath

I'm a 65 yrs. old physician practicing in Kalispell, Montana.  I was living in Manhattan in '79.  I watched 'Alien', the very first screening on opening day, in the darkest theater I've ever been in -- I couldn't see my hand in front of my face.  It was simply thrilling, and I've watched that movie at least 15 times since then.  Glad I found this website.
R.T.C.

Mr. Sin

Mr. Sin

Quote from: Kimarhi on Apr 07, 2014, 05:50:14 PM
Its best not to take anything too seriously.  Most of us have been around for years so talking pretty raw to each other is the norm.  Not serious at all.

I will make a note of this :)

Master Chief

Welcome aboard, Sin.

Quote from: Vaidyanath on Apr 07, 2014, 08:16:04 PM
I'm a 65 yrs. old physician practicing in Kalispell, Montana.  I was living in Manhattan in '79.  I watched 'Alien', the very first screening on opening day, in the darkest theater I've ever been in -- I couldn't see my hand in front of my face.  It was simply thrilling, and I've watched that movie at least 15 times since then.  Glad I found this website.
R.T.C.
Welcome aboard, doctor.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: Vaidyanath on Apr 07, 2014, 08:16:04 PM
R.T.C.

I'm calling you Elder Pred ;)

joking! Welcome :)

Samuel Brett

I'm new here, I'm 28, I'm an Alien and Aliens super fan, and Kane's Son is my favorite xenomorph design.

I'm here mainly because I've been thinking about the xenomorph reproductive cycle a lot lately, and I would like to share my thoughts on it at some point. I think I can make it pretty logical.

Darwinsgirl

Welcome Samuel Brett!

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed