New Predator Film "Skulls" to be distributed through Hulu per Thomas Bros lawyer

Started by Voodoo Magic, Jun 11, 2021, 03:16:07 AM

Author
New Predator Film "Skulls" to be distributed through Hulu per Thomas Bros lawyer (Read 29,592 times)

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Proteus on Jul 12, 2021, 08:53:30 PM
Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Jul 12, 2021, 05:36:52 PM
Yeah, me Hicks and RidgeTop were discussing this briefly yesterday and Netflix's Daredevil Season 3 not available to purchase on physical media much to my chagrin, the last and arguably best season, forcing me to keep Netflix when I want to revisit it.

So would I be surprised if Skulls, especially the new Alien series never gets a physical release? Unfortunately no.  :-\

Why get someone on the hook for a single purchase that factors physical media production costs with distributor & retailer cuts into profit, when they can get more people on the hook for a monthly fee instead.

Just read an article that further justifies that fear. Let me see if I can link it via my phone: https://www.giantfreakinrobot.com/ent/blu-ray.html

Giant Freakin Robot is a brother site to WeGotThisCovered.  >:( Just don't even click their links. Don't give them the clicks or ad revenue. *This was a PSA*

Though the fear is legit.

SiL

It's been a criticism of streaming since day one. Netflix was/is notorious for it

BlueMarsalis79

City Hunter Yautja

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Jul 12, 2021, 01:39:17 PM
Quote from: City Hunter Yautja on Jul 11, 2021, 10:56:36 PM
I am frankly getting tired of the streaming wars and that distributers will covet their franchises. I fear when you will only get to watch the Alien and Predator films on Disney's streaming services. Glad I've been buying my favorites on Amazon while they are still available there. :(

That's the feared future. Where content will never be available to "own" and you'll have to continue to subscribe to revisit.

That will be a dark day. :(

Kradan

City Hunter Yautja

To cope with cost I will be subscribing to watch what I want, then canceling, and moving to another streaming service.

BlueMarsalis79

Most do.

I just want Hulu to come to the UK in the first place though.

Corporal Hicks

I'd hope we'd get through the Disney+ app. There's already a bunch of Fox stuff on there.

BlueMarsalis79

The optimist in me wants to believe Disney will simply merge them, the cynic in me says they will not miss out on the opportunity to charge you for two separate services.

SiL

All they did here when they added their adult stuff was charge extra.

HuDaFuK

Until streaming moves towards a model of allowing you to buy the individual movies/series you want to watch instead of having to subscribe to ten different services just to get the few decent things they each make, I won't be doing it. (I do have Amazon Prime, but the free next day delivery factors into that beyond the streaming.)

And yeah, what other people have said about losing all access to a film/show if the provider decides they aren't going to provide it anymore is definitely a problem. No one can take my CDs and DVDs off my shelves. On top of which I own a bunch of music and movies you simply can't stream.

BlueMarsalis79

City Hunter Yautja

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jul 16, 2021, 09:30:23 AM
I'd hope we'd get through the Disney+ app. There's already a bunch of Fox stuff on there.

I find it humorous the company known for kids films, that sanitized classics like Cinderella and Rapunzel (the real tales are more grime, pun intended) now owns the most adult franchises of Alien and Predator (tentative, I know there is the lawsuite).

HuDaFuK

Quote from: City Hunter Yautja on Jul 16, 2021, 10:08:44 PMI find it humorous the company known for kids films, that sanitized classics like Cinderella and Rapunzel (the real tales are more grime, pun intended) now owns the most adult franchises of Alien and Predator (tentative, I know there is the lawsuite).

People who keep saying this simply have no idea what Disney does.

Starship Troopers and Pulp Fiction were technically made by Disney. Are they sanitised kids' films?

City Hunter Yautja

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Jul 18, 2021, 04:14:17 PM
Quote from: City Hunter Yautja on Jul 16, 2021, 10:08:44 PMI find it humorous the company known for kids films, that sanitized classics like Cinderella and Rapunzel (the real tales are more grime, pun intended) now owns the most adult franchises of Alien and Predator (tentative, I know there is the lawsuite).

People who keep saying this simply have no idea what Disney does.

Starship Troopers and Pulp Fiction were technically made by Disney. Are they sanitised kids' films?

Ah yes was that under their studio Touchstone?

Yoy do have to admit there are no Starship Troopers or Pulp Fiction characters at the Disney parks. :p

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed