A Thread For Those of Us with NO Expectations

Started by ThisBethesdaSea, May 30, 2012, 01:54:58 AM

Author
A Thread For Those of Us with NO Expectations (Read 5,642 times)

zoidy

Quote from: NGR01 on May 30, 2012, 08:37:44 AM
I was in heaven for 70/80mins then i was dissapointed by what happened in the final act.
That is all.
It happens all the time.
To me, to you, to everyone.

That is all.

Stop twisting my word or trying to make me pass for a hater or something.
If i was such a hater would i'll be already ready to see it again this evening?

Thanks.
Actually it's not YOUR words or opinions that are a problem, not at all. It's the reaction by those who have lost the plot because you didn't say "it's the best movie EVER!!", it's them that has a problem.

LOL

NGR01

Ok i understand.

Yeah i think they should wait see the movie before getting disapointed ;)

Maybe i'm just too exigent (well i'm french right).

Once more i want to say that the movie is by far the best scifi movie i've seen in years.
Just hated how they ended it.

Space Sweeper

Quote from: NGR01 on May 30, 2012, 08:46:22 AM
Once more i want to say that the movie is by far the best scifi movie i've seen in years.
And came out of the theater so angry that you almost cried.

escroto

Quote from: NGR01 on May 30, 2012, 08:46:22 AMMaybe i'm just too exigent (well i'm french right).
am, I see what your problem was then. I'm so sorry for that

NGR01

Quote from: Space Sweeper on May 30, 2012, 08:54:22 AM
Quote from: NGR01 on May 30, 2012, 08:46:22 AM
And came out of the theater so angry that you almost cried.

Yep i'm a drama queen.
That ending made me angry and wanted to cry at the opportunity lost.
You just don't know what make this franchise so dear to me.
So please don't dwell into mocking my sentiments ok.
Thanks.

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

I'm cautiously optimistic. I tend to like even sub par films if they have good design and cinematography, so chances are prometheus will wow me. I've been lurking this forum on and off for three years, i've read NGR's spoilers, and i honestly think i'll dig the film. If i don't, oh well. It won't be the end of the world.

I am pretty damn excited though. Tickets here in New Zealand only went on sale the other day (it's still TBC here), but today i got tickets for an advance screening on monday NZ time. So not before you brits and francs, but three days ahead of the official release down here on the 7th. Feels good man. My body is ready. All i expect is to be entertained to a reasonable degree, and visually impressed, which is probably a sure thing. I don't mind at all if the rest of it's just popcorn trash sci fi.

I'd like to add that i agree that the reaction to NGRs posts has been awful. I usually spend an hour or two reading the forums each day, but honestly, the way so many people have lost the bloody plot over one guys opinion, who by his own admission had incredibly high expectations, is just crazy, and tbh i think i'm done here untill i've seen it. There's just too much hyperbole and bitching from people who have yet to see the damn movie. Peace out till monday, AVPG.

NGR01

You're definitly in the right mind to have a blast mate ;)

[cancerblack]

Quote from: NGR01 on May 30, 2012, 10:39:37 AM
You're definitly in the right mind to have a blast mate ;)

I hope so. Thanks for the sentiment. I think it's a shame the way some people have reacted to your posts by the way. This place has gotten crazy over the last 24 hours, with some members in particular taking your personal disappointment with the third act and deciding that they're already upset and personally wronged. It's just gotten silly.

NGR01

Yep i'm kinda sorry that i caused such stir.
This is just what i felt.
A lot felt different as you can see in the reviews.
Thats is cool.

People must see the movie with no prejudice and make their own mind.
Not rely on anyone's taste but theirs.

cossack0909

Quote from: NGR01 on May 30, 2012, 10:56:18 AM
Yep i'm kinda sorry that i caused such stir.
This is just what i felt.
A lot felt different as you can see in the reviews.
Thats is cool.

People must see the movie with no prejudice and make their own mind.
Not rely on anyone's taste but theirs.

You can't be wrong for voicing your opinions. If everyone feel the same way, man, we are like robots.
You are a fan, just like us, and you found the ending is lazy. That's it.

Some might agree, some might not. At the end of the day, we are all in it because we are fans.

Having said that, Hollywood have been known to be lazy just to make money or to please viewers.

Cheers,man, for voicing your opinions!

ThisBethesdaSea

Okay....here we go again...a perfectly nice thread gone south....thanks NGR01.....le sigh....

When I say I have no expectation, what I mean is that I have no preconceived ideas on how I want things to plays out. I'm not replaying my own ideas on how the film should go ad infinitum as I walk into the theater, hoping that what I see reflects these ideas. Yes, I hope to see a good movie, we all do.

The difference here between a few of us is that some are willing to see the film as presented, and make up our minds about it afterwards, and others have been stating for months what they already don't like about the film, predisposing themselves not to like what they see. You are case in point NGR01. You didn't like some important parts of the film, because in your head, you had a better idea. That's your prerogative. No judgements here. That's fine.

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

@ NGR01:
To be honest, your posts just made me want to see it more. I was aware of how high your expectations were, and considering that mine aren't all that high you've only encouraged me. This whole overreaction to your review actually reminds me of another fandom i'm a part of, table top gaming. In that fandom, especially the games-workshop end of it, people will hear a rumor or early review of some new faction or troop type being released and immediately spend several pages crying over how it will break the game and be unbeatable. Then it comes out, and it's fine. I have a really strong feeling that this is what a lot of people are doing with your review. You did use some pretty strong language to describe your opinion, but really, no one should be freaking out or posting multiple threads complaining. Yeesh.

And bethesda;

I hope to go into this with out preconcieved notions myself. I've spoiled myself pretty bad but there isn't and has never been a set direction i want the film to go in. As long as it looks pretty i'll be happy, i imagine. If this place is still a mess on monday i'll happily post a no-expectations review for you.

Ooze on First

Quote from: ThisBethesdaSea on May 30, 2012, 11:06:15 AM
Okay....here we go again...a perfectly nice thread gone south....thanks NGR01.....le sigh....

When I say I have no expectation, what I mean is that I have no preconceived ideas on how I want things to plays out. I'm not replaying my own ideas on how the film should go ad infinitum as I walk into the theater, hoping that what I see reflects these ideas. Yes, I hope to see a good movie, we all do.

The difference here between a few of us is that some are willing to see the film as presented, and make up our minds about it afterwards, and others have been stating for months what they already don't like about the film, predisposing themselves not to like what they see. You are case in point NGR01. You didn't like some important parts of the film, because in your head, you had a better idea. That's your prerogative. No judgements here. That's fine.

Well done!
It's a damn shame that so many people just can't seem to grasp what you're saying here, and what this thread is about.

Too many fan-boys/girls going into this thing with their own fan-fic tattooed on their brains...ready to hate the movie when it doesn't match said tattoo.

One thing's for certain...for some, there is no way this movie will ever live up to the hype now...regardless of quality.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed