First Look at The Predator Cast!

Started by Anthony, Feb 20, 2017, 04:08:08 PM

Author
First Look at The Predator Cast! (Read 39,875 times)

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Samhain13 on Feb 20, 2017, 11:24:26 PM
No more of a threat than Dutch. Both had mud to make themselves invisible, anyone who is invisible to a Predator can become a big threat, and Dutch didnt need Isabelle to save his ass.

No, just pure luck at that point.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, I'm glad they're not repeating Predator. I'm glad we're going for more realistic looking cast and not trying to redo the 80s. Stallone has been trying to do that for ages with The Expandables and they're just boring films.

A lot of people complain that Predators is a rehash of Predators (and it really isn't) and here folk are, cursing out the next film because it's not rehashing elements of the first.

The cast might not be big names but by all accounts they're very talented. And that is far better than having just some names they can slap on a poster. I'd rather we get a good film.

The thing I love about Predator is it's potential for narrative versatility. While I might not be overly thrilled with the story synopsis (and this is from an early script, who knows how much it changed? We never ended up with genetically engineered Predators in Predators either) but I'm excited to see Black and Dekker try and branch out and do something different and not try and cash in on nostalgia or do a lazy retelling story.

SiL

SiL

My only problem with the cast at this point is that this photo makes the soldier to the left of Holbrook (our left, not his left) remind me of Robert Downey Jnr in Tropic Thunder and I can't unsee it.

Corporal Hicks

Is it the chin lifting?

SiL

SiL

And the green uniform.

Whenever I see the thumbnail I'm just ... back there in that film.

von

von

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Feb 21, 2017, 08:37:02 AM
Quote from: Samhain13 on Feb 20, 2017, 11:24:26 PM
No more of a threat than Dutch. Both had mud to make themselves invisible, anyone who is invisible to a Predator can become a big threat, and Dutch didnt need Isabelle to save his ass.

No, just pure luck at that point.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, I'm glad they're not repeating Predator. I'm glad we're going for more realistic looking cast and not trying to redo the 80s. Stallone has been trying to do that for ages with The Expandables and they're just boring films.

A lot of people complain that Predators is a rehash of Predators (and it really isn't) and here folk are, cursing out the next film because it's not rehashing elements of the first.

The cast might not be big names but by all accounts they're very talented. And that is far better than having just some names they can slap on a poster. I'd rather we get a good film.

The thing I love about Predator is it's potential for narrative versatility. While I might not be overly thrilled with the story synopsis (and this is from an early script, who knows how much it changed? We never ended up with genetically engineered Predators in Predators either) but I'm excited to see Black and Dekker try and branch out and do something different and not try and cash in on nostalgia or do a lazy retelling story.

Well said, hicks. The franchise desperately needs to be expanded and reimagined. To me, the visionaries behind the previous Predator film talked the talk but ultimately stuck too closely to the original formula, not unlike SW: TFA. Who would have thought we'd only see the next installment 8 years later...

XenoVC

XenoVC

Honestly, knowing nothing; it looks good. We still don't know the entire cast, and all these characters seem connected in some way just going off the gear.The fact Black is posting this on day one hopefully points to a good link to the fans for the entire production without spilling everything.

Keegan being there will never not be great, it's already surpassing the Topher casting last time.

predator88

predator88

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Feb 21, 2017, 08:37:02 AM

Predators was a rehash of Predator and what  a piss poor attempt it was. The recycled lines, the pussy ass "super" predators who were far weaker then a regular predator, the disposable human characters who had no character development and served no purpose but to be killed. Predators was an absolute abomination of a predator film and this one looks just as bad if not worse.

*Fixed quote. Hicks.

Corporal Hicks

A jungle setting, a couple of repeated moments and reused dialogue (though I do loathe it when sequels do this) don't make it a rehash. Completely different take on the concept. Did it do it right? No. It was a rush job that didn't work as well as it could have. I still enjoy it though - more so than Predator 2 actually but I like all the Predator movies.

Quote from: XenoVC on Feb 21, 2017, 10:08:21 AM
Keegan being there will never not be great, it's already surpassing the Topher casting last time.

I try not to get too worried about comedic actors being cast in none comedic films. It doesn't guarantee they'll be playing comic relief and ruining the movie. I'm always reminded of something Cameron or Whedon said (I can never remember which) about comedic acting making perfect dramatic actors.

predator88

Predator 2 for me is the only worthy predator sequel - it tried so many new things and succeeded even if the original can't be touched. However P2 ownes a lot to the Concrete Jungle comic which was the first to put the predators in an urban setting.

Whiskeybrewer

Seeing some of the cast together, takes it up a notch. or is that because i see Olivia Munn  ;D

Infected

Infected

Ive seen this picture and looked at it for some time now,
and at the moment i say: no.
Not feeling this cast at all, but it already started with Hollbrook weeks ago or months, whatever.
I want to feel this, but no at the moment i would say no to this whole cast.
I went from negative to positive when i heard about the way they are going with this, with the predator 2.0
but now im back at negative, im really missing character, and maybe im pre-judge mental about them and they do have some,
character.
So no this doesnt hype me up at all.
But we will see.

predator88

Quote from: Infected on Feb 21, 2017, 11:17:11 AM
Ive seen this picture and looked at it for some time now,
and at the moment i say: no.
Not feeling this cast at all, but it already started with Hollbrook weeks ago or months, whatever.
I want to feel this, but no at the moment i would say no to this whole cast.
I went from negative to positive when i heard about the way they are going with this, with the predator 2.0
but now im back at negative, im really lacking character, and maybe im pre-judge mental about them and they do have some,
character.
So no this doesnt hype me up at all.
But we will see.
Hey man you are not alone. Nothing about flick has made me interested in seeing it apart from Black directing and an R rating but these two things alone do not make for a good movie. The leaked plot details, the lame ass case and Dekker the hack are too worrying to ignore.

Kerrod33

Kerrod33

So you are basing your opinion on a leaked plot that might not even eventuate or be true?

And have you seen the work from some of these actors? Amazing stuff. I'm especially fond of Sterling K. Browns work so far.

You have to remember that all actors have to start somewhere before they get a name for themselves. Just give it a chance before you say "I don't know the cast so the movie sucks"

:)

Xan21

Xan21

People are so pampered these days they need an established name or it's worthless anyway to them. Like a gucci bag...

predator88

Quote from: Kerrod33 on Feb 21, 2017, 11:59:28 AM
So you are basing your opinion on a leaked plot that might not even eventuate or be true?

And have you seen the work from some of these actors? Amazing stuff. I'm especially fond of Sterling K. Browns work so far.

You have to remember that all actors have to start somewhere before they get a name for themselves. Just give it a chance before you say "I don't know the cast so the movie sucks"

:)
I am trying to give it a chance but it's just that there hasn't been a good predator movie since P2 and this new one hasn't impressed me with nothing so far.I will be the first one to admit if I'm wrong and the movie turns out good.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed