Aliens Magazine Vol 2 Issue 11: info on RV-E Recovery Vehicle?

Started by banjo_oz, Mar 01, 2020, 06:34:49 AM

Author
Aliens Magazine Vol 2 Issue 11: info on RV-E Recovery Vehicle? (Read 819 times)

banjo_oz

Does anyone have a copy of v2 issue 11 (May 1993) of Aliens Magazine handy? I was after some info on the "Jorden RV-E Recovery Vehicle" featured in the Technical Readout feature of that issue (mostly, vehicle dimensions, speeds, passenger capacity and equipment). I own the magazine myself but it is in storage and a bit tricky to get out, so I was wondering if anyone else's copy was more easily accessible?

A scan of the page would be awesome, but just a little info in response to the above is more than fine, too.

Cheers!

HuDaFuK

If no one's helped you out before I get home tomorrow I'll send you a photo of mine.

Xenomrph

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Mar 01, 2020, 01:08:30 PM
If no one's helped you out before I get home tomorrow I'll send you a photo of mine.
Any chance of you just posting it here in the thread?

HuDaFuK

banjo_oz

Thanks so much!

HuDaFuK

Afraid I got back later than expected last night and the light wasn't good enough for my shitty phone camera to handle text, but I'm taking some snaps now (decided I might as well do every Technical Readout while I'm at it) so you can expect some pictures later today.

banjo_oz

I really appreciate it. I'd be more than happy to properly scan all of them from my own copies when I can get to them, but don't know when that will be sadly.

shazam

SM

banjo_oz

Quote from: shazam on Mar 03, 2020, 06:03:06 PM
;)
Thank you!

I'm quite surprised nobody seems to have scanned all these at some point over the years, if not the whole magazines, considering how rare they are and will never be reprinted (that is, the interviews, tech readouts, etc.).

The RV-E is all I personally needed right now, though, so thanks again!

HuDaFuK

So yeah, shortly after my previous post yesterday I came down with something (not coronavirus :P) and spent the rest of the day on the sofa under a blanket feeling like total shite. Glad someone else came through for you!

Quote from: banjo_oz on Mar 04, 2020, 06:54:30 AMI'm quite surprised nobody seems to have scanned all these at some point over the years, if not the whole magazines, considering how rare they are and will never be reprinted (that is, the interviews, tech readouts, etc.).

I've considered scanning some of the interesting bits before, but then I remember what I paid to collect them all and invariably decide to be selfish and keep it for myself :P

I did once scan all the covers though. You're welcome to them if you want them.

shazam

I agree!

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Mar 04, 2020, 11:18:42 AM
I've considered scanning some of the interesting bits before, but then I remember what I paid to collect them all and invariably decide to be selfish and keep it for myself :P

banjo_oz

Hope you feel better soon, HuDaFuK, and thanks again to Shazam!

I will look at scanning my copies when I can get access to them, since I have all of volume 2 at least, and really want that info to be freely available. If nothing else, I'll do the Tech Readouts and the most interesting interviews/articles.

I'd honestly hate to think that only those who can afford to pay high second-hand prices will ever get to see those things. Think how Crusade or Countdown would never have been read by most Alien fans, unless someone was generous enough to scan them.

Elmazalman

Is there a "Technical Readout" for ALIEN tech (Nostromo/Narcissus)?

HuDaFuK

No. Aliens mag was all Aliens (and extrapolations thereof, like USCM space combat). The only exception was a single piece in the Alien 3 spin-off mag about the EEV from that film.

The same team did pieces on the Nostromo and Narcissus for the Colonial Marines Tech Manual, though.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed