Recent posts

Alien Films / Re: Alien3 Legacy Cut
Last post by Scott Conover - Today at 10:40:34 AM
Quote from: Project A34K on Today at 12:33:45 AMImage section is now live

I think the updated POV shots are a sick touch! Nice work dude
Recreational Area / Re: The Alien Dialogue Thread ...
Last post by Kradan - Today at 10:33:18 AM
He's gone !
Alien Films / Re: Facehugger: How did it kno...
Last post by BigDaddyJohn - Today at 10:23:00 AM
Probably a mechanism that it uses specifically for going through obstacles when necessary.
Alien: Romulus / Re: Alien: Romulus Catch-All T...
Last post by SiL - Today at 10:20:37 AM
They're shooting in Hungary, where set construction is cheaper. Possibly redress another set if they really didn't want to build something from scratch, the same way the Narcissus is a redressed bridge in ALIEN.
Funnily enough, I was just yesterday thinking about how in Alien universe  planets have codenames, not names, which adds to the more its more realistic nature in comparision to other sci-fi franchises: greedy megacorporations don't call a planet "Tatooine" or "Krypton"
Last post by BigDaddyJohn - Today at 10:17:06 AM
Probably a few minutes to introduce the characters and have a feel of their lifestyle, don't need that much time to do that.
General Film/TV Discussion / Re: All David Lynch
Last post by T Dog - Today at 10:15:46 AM
Quote from: KiramidHead on Yesterday at 11:12:40 PMI think the reveal of the killer is great, but it might have worked out better if they had kept that plot going a bit longer so we didn't have to put up with some of those lame subplots.

I found the goofy side plots a lot more enjoyable the second time through.
Season 2 basically feels like 2 seasons though, before the killer reveal and after.
Alien: Romulus / Re: What do you want to see in...
Last post by BigDaddyJohn - Today at 10:14:15 AM
Hopefully the main in Romulus steps away just enough from Ripley to be her own thing.
Last post by Wweyland - Today at 10:07:00 AM
Quote from: Slutty Badger on Today at 09:30:08 AM
Quote from: Wweyland on Today at 08:54:11 AMIf the majority of the story takes place on the  Renaissance station, then it seems a bit "lavish" in terms of budget (and plot economics) to start on the "Jackson" colony, then transfer the characters to the ship, and finally arrive at the station.

But maybe it's just quick scenes in the opening.
I agree. Although Cameron is often considered to be a "plot economist", Aliens had the most locations of any Alien film.

I'm certainly not complaining about anyone spending money on this thing!
AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed