Homage's **spoilers**

Started by shakermakerman, Jul 09, 2010, 10:01:21 PM

Author
Homage's **spoilers** (Read 14,570 times)

CEP

CEP

There are no new ideas. All ideas are now variations on other ideas.

shakermakerman

shakermakerman

Lets just say that this is one hell of a cliched movie...

MadassAlex

MadassAlex

Quote from: CEP on Jul 10, 2010, 10:24:16 AM
There are no new ideas. All ideas are now variations on other ideas.

Goddamned postmodernists.

CEP

CEP

lol. I dont mind it. It's not the idea that needs to be worked on...it's the execution.

Which is more original? District 9? or Avatar? Both movies arent all that new in terms of story...but the way they handled their story really showed in the final film.

Xenodog

Xenodog

Quote from: CEP on Jul 10, 2010, 10:08:43 AM
Sorry about raping you...but it IS 5:00....you see...so....
You just won the Internets.  :D

But come on! For Christ's sake, did the homages really ruin the movie!? I thought they were nice touches that were nods to previous films, why do you all hate them so much!
Saying that the entire film was a rip-off because of a few homages and was un-original is completely over-exaggerating.

Because of course, we've ALWAYS seen Pred dogs or Black predators before all the time, so they're completely un-original!
Samurai vs Predator? Ha! Unoriginal.
Predator v Predators fight in film? Unoriginal.
Pred UAV Falcon? Unoriginal.

Yeah...those was sarcasm.
Now lighten up and enjoy the damn movie.

Gate

Gate

Bitch raping time?

CEP

CEP

Yes indeed. The best time ever.

shakermakerman

shakermakerman

Quote from: Xenodog on Jul 10, 2010, 11:16:05 AM
You just won the Internets.  :D

But come on! For Christ's sake, did the homages really ruin the movie!? I thought they were nice touches that were nods to previous films, why do you all hate them so much!
Saying that the entire film was a rip-off because of a few homages and was un-original is completely over-exaggerating.

Because of course, we've ALWAYS seen Pred dogs or Black predators before all the time, so they're completely un-original!
Samurai vs Predator? Ha! Unoriginal.
Predator v Predators fight in film? Unoriginal.
Pred UAV Falcon? Unoriginal.

Yeah...those was sarcasm.
Now lighten up and enjoy the damn movie.

Samurai vs Predator- that fight scene has been done in countless movies, they way it started to they way it ended, a true facepalm moment.

Predator v Predators fight- didnt see a fight, i saw a classic Predator get owned.

Pred UAV Falcon- was only in the movie for ooh about 30 seconds? but yes original.

Adey

Adey

The only homage i didn't like was when Royce said 'come on kill me' the mud thing i didn't mind it cos it didn't work, he had to cover his heat by using fire in the end. I also don't get why people are saying the score was a homage as many people on here said they wanted the OG music back before the films release, as for the Billy homage i liked that idea, the one problem i had with the OG pred film was that you didn't see Billy fight Anytime, they just didn't get the choreography right in this one.

Mutha_Brucka

Mutha_Brucka

Quote from: MadassAlex on Jul 10, 2010, 12:45:38 AM
"Enemy of my enemy" has implications associated with AvP amongst the fanbase now.

If they didn't want to make the association, that line wouldn't have been there.

I don't think Rodriquez gives two shits about AvP or it's fanbase.

Cloak_Dagger

Cloak_Dagger

One homage which i thought was really sneaking under the border was tango man, repeating the 'come on' over and over before being ripped open.  I did stop and think, hey...that's dutch in the ditch!

I didn't catch the Alien head at the camp...but i did wonder about the alien when they discovered the first cage.  Anyone remember in the Alien film when the chest-buster shed it's skin...well i was thinking about the alien when we saw all skin-like material all over the cage...

Captain Salt

Captain Salt

Quote from: shakermakerman on Jul 09, 2010, 10:01:21 PM
Any else getting annoyed with the homage's? I really thought that this would be a movie in its own right but every time i saw/heard a homage i really started to cringe, and a lot of camara shots seemed to mimic Predator too, there was even a shot of a plant that looked like the one in predator that had the pred blood on it. Oh and when one of the soldier's was doing his Billy impression good lord.

just make 1 or 2 then make your own god dam movie.. rant over lol

Yeah, the entire movie was one long, uninspired homage. No originality whatsoever...

shakermakerman

shakermakerman

Quote from: Mutha_Brucka on Jul 10, 2010, 01:58:31 PM
Quote from: MadassAlex on Jul 10, 2010, 12:45:38 AM
"Enemy of my enemy" has implications associated with AvP amongst the fanbase now.

If they didn't want to make the association, that line wouldn't have been there.

I don't think Rodriquez gives two shits about AvP or it's fanbase.

then why was there a burning Alien skull at the predator camp?

gnrkelly

gnrkelly

Burning Alien Skull :o I Didn't Notice That. I Seen The Pred Skull Alright In The Ground 

darthmaul1

darthmaul1

Quote from: Cloak_Dagger on Jul 10, 2010, 02:17:29 PM
One homage which i thought was really sneaking under the border was tango man, repeating the 'come on' over and over before being ripped open.  I did stop and think, hey...that's dutch in the ditch!

I didn't catch the Alien head at the camp...but i did wonder about the alien when they discovered the first cage.  Anyone remember in the Alien film when the chest-buster shed it's skin...well i was thinking about the alien when we saw all skin-like material all over the cage...

I was thinking the same thing with the the skin in the cage it looked like shedded alien skin.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed