Single Player Questions/Help Thread

Started by WeaN, Feb 14, 2010, 03:37:48 PM

Author
Single Player Questions/Help Thread (Read 60,754 times)

XenoVC

XenoVC

Scariest/Jumpiest moment in the Marine campaign?

Corporate Merc

Corporate Merc

Spoiler
So you only fight 1 predator? Damn I was hoping for more pred/marine battles in SP, thats the only complaint I had about AVP 2.
[close]

Spoiler
So is it creepy being stalked by the pred like in the beginnig of the marine SP in AVP2? Like predator 1 seeing skinned bodies everywhere?
[close]

MrBrokenTusks.

Quote from: Predator:o:95 on Feb 14, 2010, 09:18:09 PM
Quote from: WeaN on Feb 14, 2010, 09:02:20 PM
Quote from: Ironseven on Feb 14, 2010, 08:12:57 PMWhat is it you fight instead ?

Spoiler
Synthetics.
They are a real pain to face cause they can take A LOT of damage, and you have to take out BOTH their feet to kill them. Blowing their head off ? Does nothing, they keep on moving and firing. They use ranged weapons (pulse rifles, shotguns) and have good aim... since you can't crouch, you're pretty much an easy target when you aren't behind cover.
I hated facing these guys.
[close]

Quote from: PsychoticMarik on Feb 14, 2010, 08:32:49 PM
Spoiler
Regarding the Queen. Does she ever actually move and walk around on screen that you've seen so far? Or is she just stationary the whole time? I am disappointed to see shes the first boss, but if shes at least fully animated in a part of the game I'll be happy.
[close]

I'm afraid you are going to be disappointed.

Spoiler
The Queen doesn't move at all during the fight. She just calls drones to fight you among eggs, and you have to shoot canisters to set the whole place on fire and activate a button to blow the whole thing. That's it.
[close]
Spoiler
so no fighting aliens in the second half of campaign at all :( how many missions do you fight synthetics
[close]

Spoiler
How much of the campaign do you fight synthetics?????
[close]

Agent-Kiwi

Agent-Kiwi

Quote from: Predator:o:95 on Feb 14, 2010, 09:46:37 PM

Spoiler
so no fighting aliens in the second half of campaign at all :( how many missions do you fight synthetics
[close]
Spoiler
Aliens are always there, those Androids are just here and there. You dont have to fight them that often. Your main target still is the alien.
[close]

Quote from: XenoVC on Feb 14, 2010, 09:29:51 PM
Scariest/Jumpiest moment in the Marine campaign?
Spoiler
There are some scripted shock moments that are pretty creepy and cool, but i acutally got shocked the most in a dark room by an normal alien attack. The motion tracker didn't show anything because the alien lurked between two tables...I just didn't see it coming
[close]

Quote from: Corporate Merc on Feb 14, 2010, 09:32:30 PM
Spoiler
So you only fight 1 predator? Damn I was hoping for more pred/marine battles in SP, thats the only complaint I had about AVP 2.
[close]

Spoiler
So is it creepy being stalked by the pred like in the beginnig of the marine SP in AVP2? Like predator 1 seeing skinned bodies everywhere?
[close]

Spoiler
Yes, one Predator fight. I think in the Predator SP we have more.
[close]
Spoiler
I haven't played the old games, but through out the first couple of missions you can spot some signs that Preds joining the party. You can see skined bodys on one place and their blood on the other.
Acutally, you are never really hunted by them. Only scary moment for me was seconds before you have to fight him, you hear his clicks and you hear he is real close but you cant see him, then he strikes.
[close]

Corporate Merc

well the marine campaign still sounds cool as f@$k, even though I know a shitload of spoilers by now:P Just waiting for Tuesday so I can get my hands on it and experiance what I think is what we all have been waiting for.

MrBrokenTusks.

Quote from: Agent-Kiwi on Feb 14, 2010, 09:59:52 PM
Spoiler
[close]
Spoiler
Aliens are always there, those Androids are just here and there. You dont have to fight them that often. Your main target still is the alien.
[close]
Oh good
Spoiler
i thought you might have to fight synthetics for the second half of the campaign
[close]

WeaN

WeaN

Spoiler
[close]

About that particular enemy :

Spoiler
I didn't say you don't fight Aliens anymore once you encounter Synthetics. You still face Xenos, but to me, as the end of game nears, there are more Synthetic encounters and less Xeno fights. Since I don't find the Synthetics fun to fight, these parts were a real hassle to me.
[close]

Spoiler
[close]

Spoiler
You meet the first of them around the middle of the campaign, but you get to fight more and more of them during the last third of it. While still fighting Xenos sometimes.
[close]

I just completed the Alien SP, so I'll be able to answer Alien Campaign related questions from now on too.
It was much shorter than the Marine SP, I'd say bout half as long.
But the ending is AWESOME.

MrBrokenTusks.

MrBrokenTusks.

lol like last time what were the boss battles please state which one you enjoyed the most and if they were as good as marine.Also how many hours did it take you to complete and does it have replay value the alien campaign i mean.

Agent-Kiwi

Agent-Kiwi

Quote from: Predator:o:95 on Feb 14, 2010, 10:08:51 PM
Oh good
Spoiler
i thought you might have to fight synthetics for the second half of the campaign
[close]
Oh no.
Spoiler
You just face them the first time in the second half. I can't remember exactly but I think it's even the last quarter you face them the first time.
[close]

Edit: Predator:o:95, you're a curious fellow, haha.
From now on the show is solo again. I'm out of here 'till I finished the alien campaign. I dont want any spoiler.

Le Celticant

I read on many French forums the following thing:

Spoiler
Humans are seeking for the "Alien Planet" and they learn at the very end the location of this one. The Predator also got the coordinates of the planet in the very end and the ship is about to go on this planet. WHAT DA HELL?
[close]

Xenodog

Xenodog

Quote from: WeaN on Feb 14, 2010, 10:14:43 PM
Spoiler
[close]

About that particular enemy :

Spoiler
I didn't say you don't fight Aliens anymore once you encounter Synthetics. You still face Xenos, but to me, as the end of game nears, there are more Synthetic encounters and less Xeno fights. Since I don't find the Synthetics fun to fight, these parts were a real hassle to me.
[close]

Spoiler
[close]

Spoiler
You meet the first of them around the middle of the campaign, but you get to fight more and more of them during the last third of it. While still fighting Xenos sometimes.
[close]

I just completed the Alien SP, so I'll be able to answer Alien Campaign related questions from now on too.
It was much shorter than the Marine SP, I'd say bout half as long.
But the ending is AWESOME.

Spoiler
Remind me, is Six still on Weyland's ship (In space.) when she becomes a Queen? And other than the Predator trio, (two kill, one face-hug) what other bosses are there?
[close]

cameron112497

hows the replau value?

WeaN

WeaN

Quote from: Predator:o:95 on Feb 14, 2010, 10:17:00 PM
lol like last time what were the boss battles please state which one you enjoyed the most and if they were as good as marine.Also how many hours did it take you to complete and does it have replay value the alien campaign i mean.

Replay value ? Not sure ... pretty low. You might wanna play it again to get all the Jelly boxes.
Alien SP was really short ... took me less than 3 hours to beat it.

As for the bosses ... well ...

Spoiler
There's only one boss encounter in the Alien SP, at the very end :
2 regular Predators, and you face an Elite Predator once you defeat them. It was a bit tricky cause the 2 regular Preds didn't have a health bar while sustaining much more damage than a MP Predator, also I could never trophy kill them as they would always break free.
You then have to lower the Elite Predator's health in order to initiate a harvesting move. Then a facehugger drops by and does its thing. I guess this is going to have a part in the Predator SP (Predalien probably)
[close]

Quote from: Le Celticant on Feb 14, 2010, 10:23:25 PM

Spoiler
Humans are seeking for the "Alien Planet" and they learn at the very end the location of this one. The Predator also got the coordinates of the planet in the very end and the ship is about to go on this planet. WHAT DA HELL?
[close]

Yeah I can confirm about the Marine SP Ending. Didn't finish the Predator SP so I can't comment on that just now.

Quote from: Xenodog on Feb 14, 2010, 10:31:43 PM
Spoiler
Remind me, is Six still on Weyland's ship (In space.) when she becomes a Queen? And other than the Predator trio, (two kill, one face-hug) what other bosses are there?
[close]

Yup, it certainly appears that way. At least that's the way it's presented during the ending.
As for your other question ... no, there aren't more bosses than the ones listed previously.

nyce

nyce

Quote from: nyce on Feb 14, 2010, 09:27:23 PM
Pls answer this: Are the aliens so slow as we have seen in the marine gameplay trailer? Walkin' like grandma's.

This is the video btw: http://www.youtube.com/watch#playnext=1&playnext_from=TL&videos=LAwdu5T4WzA&v=_gjMbawjZ4E

/bump

Xenodog

Xenodog

Quote from: WeaN on Feb 14, 2010, 10:46:48 PM
Quote from: Predator:o:95 on Feb 14, 2010, 10:17:00 PM

Replay value ? Not sure ... pretty low. You might wanna play it again to get all the Jelly boxes.
Alien SP was really short ... took me less than 3 hours to beat it.

As for the bosses ... well ...

Spoiler
There's only one boss encounter in the Alien SP, at the very end :
2 regular Predators, and you face an Elite Predator once you defeat them. It was a bit tricky cause the 2 regular Preds didn't have a health bar while sustaining much more damage than a MP Predator, also I could never trophy kill them as they would always break free.
You then have to lower the Elite Predator's health in order to initiate a harvesting move. Then a facehugger drops by and does its thing. I guess this is going to have a part in the Predator SP (Predalien probably)
[close]

Quote from: Le Celticant on Feb 14, 2010, 10:23:25 PM

Spoiler
[close]

Yeah I can confirm about the Marine SP Ending. Didn't finish the Predator SP so I can't comment on that just now.

Quote from: Xenodog on Feb 14, 2010, 10:31:43 PM
Spoiler
[close]

Yup, it certainly appears that way. At least that's the way it's presented during the ending.
As for your other question ... no, there aren't more bosses than the ones listed previously.

Spoiler
Poor Six, marooned alone in Space.  :P
[close]

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed