The Lovecraft Thread

Started by OmegaZilla, Jan 18, 2011, 06:33:16 PM

Author
The Lovecraft Thread (Read 191,264 times)

Magegg

Magegg

If you talking about the song, I loved the choice of the song, the lyrics AND the performance :D Winner pack...

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: Magegg on Dec 14, 2014, 04:38:16 AM
Not sure if this was already posted, but this is the Lovecraft parody song I like the most:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XxScTbIUvoA#

;D

That he was able to speak "Cthulhuian" is what this song epic ;D

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

http://calloflovecraft.com/home/

A virtual tour of Lovecraft's home town? I'm down!

Alienseseses

Alienseseses

So, The Unnamable. Self parody?

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Quote from: Alienseseses on Dec 16, 2014, 12:24:39 AM
So, The Unnamable. Self parody?

I actually thought it was pretty effective.

Alienseseses

Alienseseses

Oh, it's effective. But it's also self aware.
A horror writer, fending off accusations that he relies too much on describing the horror as being impossible to describe?

Gilfryd

Gilfryd

Skimmed through The New Annotated HP Lovecraft at the bookstore the other day and it is nice.

Alienseseses

Alienseseses

Quote from: Gilfryd on Dec 19, 2014, 05:13:10 AM
Skimmed through The New Annotated HP Lovecraft at the bookstore the other day and it is nice.
That's the one I got.
I sent my movie to the book's editor.

Jegeren

Jegeren

Don't get me started on Lovecraft. That man was a genius and easily one of the most underrated and original writers of all time. Like the op mentioned, At the Mountains of Madness and Call of Cthulhu is great, and I also particularly love Shadow over Innsmouth and Shadow out of Time. I can't think of any author (or any media director) that can seamlessly fuse Sci Fi, Fantasy, Mystery, and Horror among other things into original stories. Not to mention the original and super cool species he would invent like Yith and Shoggoths. I also really loved a video game adaption of some of his stories called Dark Corners of the Earth, which sadly never saw its sequels and did the books justice. So in short, best author ever in my book.

Gilfryd

Gilfryd

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Hahaha, awesome. :)

Alienseseses

Alienseseses

Lovecraft: awesome writer, shitty person.

Magegg

Magegg

Quote from: Alienseseses on Jan 24, 2015, 11:45:51 PMLovecraft: awesome writer, shitty person.
Good to read that from someone who knew him personally.

Doktor Wunderbar

Doktor Wunderbar

Quote from: Magegg on Jan 25, 2015, 12:14:18 AM
Quote from: Alienseseses on Jan 24, 2015, 11:45:51 PMLovecraft: awesome writer, shitty person.
Good to read that from someone who knew him personally.
It's pretty well known that he was racist - according to some experts, even more than the average person in the early 20th century.  There are others who say that he mellowed out a little over the years.  I don't know one way or the other; I just think he shaped horror for the century that followed him.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed