The Lovecraft Thread

Started by OmegaZilla, Jan 18, 2011, 06:33:16 PM

Author
The Lovecraft Thread (Read 191,289 times)

TheMonolith

TheMonolith

Quote from: KiramidHead on Aug 11, 2013, 11:32:21 PM
Here's the design from the video game:

Damn, the number of times that thing kills. Don't miss a single door or you are screwed.

Blacklabel

Blacklabel

Quote from: [CANCERBLACK] on Aug 11, 2013, 11:12:31 PM
Got any pics of anything you've done so far?
Quote from: Omegazilla on Aug 11, 2013, 10:28:52 PM
Cannot wait to see your maquette!

Prepare to be underwhelmed!  :laugh:

Posted here:
http://www.avpgalaxy.net/forum/index.php?topic=139.msg1762888#new

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

Quote from: Blacklabel on Aug 12, 2013, 04:11:18 AM
Quote from: [CANCERBLACK] on Aug 11, 2013, 11:12:31 PM
Got any pics of anything you've done so far?
Quote from: Omegazilla on Aug 11, 2013, 10:28:52 PM
Cannot wait to see your maquette!

Prepare to be underwhelmed!  :laugh:

Posted here:
http://www.avpgalaxy.net/forum/index.php?topic=139.msg1762888#new

Very cool. Is the mural a print or is it actually in three dimensions? I can't quite tell.

I'm doing something similar, as it happens:

Spoiler

[close]

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

That game scared the living hell out of me. I had to stop playing after the fish-monster that was supposedly a wife to one of the Innsmouth residents attacked me.

TheMonolith

TheMonolith

The game had great atmosphere and lots of dread, but the thing that unsettled me the most were the f**king starfish of death.

Blacklabel

Blacklabel

Quote from: [CANCERBLACK] on Aug 12, 2013, 08:56:16 AM
Very cool. Is the mural a print or is it actually in three dimensions? I can't quite tell.

Thanks. The answer is... both. :P It's a a print that i 3D-ified a bit :P Printed it 3 times and then cut and glued it in layers to really give it textures closer to the one in the film :P All of them still need some work here and there.

And your figures look amaaaaaaazeeeee. Great work!

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Quote from: DoomRulz on Aug 12, 2013, 12:53:42 PM

That game scared the living hell out of me. I had to stop playing after the fish-monster that was supposedly a wife to one of the Innsmouth residents attacked me.

That scene was excellent. Too bad the game and its controls got to shit pretty quickly.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Spoiler
Tomorrow is the man's birthday too.
[close]

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: Omegazilla on Aug 19, 2013, 07:17:40 PM

Probably for the best. Wouldn't want to end up like Sam Neill.

TheMonolith

TheMonolith

Will probably knock out Call of Cthulhu to celebrate.

RagingDragon

RagingDragon

Quote from: KiramidHead on Aug 12, 2013, 03:25:39 PM

That scene was excellent. Too bad the game and its controls got to shit pretty quickly.
I think that's one of the most underrated games of all time. I really enjoyed it, and found no problem with the controls or anything. My strongest complaint would be that the very frightening and effective atmosphere can make the more mundane key-hunting aspects get boring, but this is hardly a game killer.

I still listen to this mind-blowing shit on the reg:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ETBkd1QpidY#

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Quote from: RagingDragon on Aug 19, 2013, 10:04:08 PM
Quote from: KiramidHead on Aug 12, 2013, 03:25:39 PM

I think that's one of the most underrated games of all time. I really enjoyed it, and found no problem with the controls or anything. My strongest complaint would be that the very frightening and effective atmosphere can make the more mundane key-hunting aspects get boring, but this is hardly a game killer.

I still listen to this mind-blowing shit on the reg:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ETBkd1QpidY#

The mouse sensitivity is so whacked out that I spin 360 degrees at the slightest touch. I didn't much care for the shooting controls or the forced manual reloading, either.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Today is Lovecraft Day!

RagingDragon

RagingDragon

^Man, I played it on Xbox. It was great! And I play a lot of shooters, so I appreciated that the clumsy shooting mechanics represented someone who wasn't overly confident with a gun. I loved that you could still kill people, but you had to be very careful and really take your time because you were by no means a badass.

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

Today, in honor of The Man, I got off my arse and designed a stage costume for a Nightgaunt. Will post pics when I get my A3 scanner up and running. :)

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed