The Lovecraft Thread

Started by OmegaZilla, Jan 18, 2011, 06:33:16 PM

Author
The Lovecraft Thread (Read 191,277 times)

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

So, after letting that Anthology just sit there by my bed for the better part of a few months, I decided to skip ahead and read The Call of Cthulhu. Really awesome stuff. I can't wait to delve more into the book.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Oh so much yes.

"Everyone listened, and everyone was listening still when It lumbered slobberingly into sight and gropingly squeezed Its gelatinous green immensity through the black doorway into the tainted outside air of that poison city of madness."

Just thinking about it makes me eant to go to my bookshelf and take my anthology out for another read.

What are you going for next?

acrediblesource

acrediblesource

I just caught Cthulhu 2007 film. Still didn't have the  Cthulhu  monster in there but it was an interesting flick never the less (asides from the man on man stuff) i thought it had a decent premise and it had a Tori Spelling in it to toss around.

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Sep 03, 2012, 05:27:08 AM
So, after letting that Anthology just sit there by my bed for the better part of a few months, I decided to skip ahead and read The Call of Cthulhu. Really awesome stuff. I can't wait to delve more into the book.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: OmegaZilla on Sep 03, 2012, 05:15:54 PM
What are you going for next?

I don't know, what would you suggest? I really want to read At the Mountains of Madness, but I'm a little caught up in a paper right now, so perhaps something shorter would be better.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

If you haven't read them already, I would suggest The Dunwich Horror, The Shadow out of Time, The Colour out of Space and The Whisperer in Darkness. Just for a start of course.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Awesome. If I have time, I'll try to get to at least a couple of those soon and report back.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

The Rats in the Walls is a must read. That ending will screw with your head in so many ways, you can't even imagine.

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

At the Mountains of Madness, for me, is unquestionably his best work. Give it a read.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Already said he's going for something shorter first, as he's caught up in a paper. :P

Cvalda

Cvalda

The Whisperer in Darkness is Lovecraft's best story. The opening gave me chills the first time I read it.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: OmegaZilla on Sep 05, 2012, 12:28:21 AM
Already said he's going for something shorter first, as he's caught up in a paper. :P

And I'm actually almost done with it as we speak ;D But I still think I want to read one or two shorter stories before delving into that.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Oooh which one which one?

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

I've heard good things about The Colour out of Space, so maybe I'll start there.

Cvalda

Cvalda

That is a masterpiece.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Indeed. I still remember the first time I read it. Not going into spoiler territory, but I was literally rattling in a certain moment of the story.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed