The Lovecraft Thread

Started by OmegaZilla, Jan 18, 2011, 06:33:16 PM

Author
The Lovecraft Thread (Read 191,290 times)

TheMonolith

TheMonolith

Quote from: AvPvTerminator on Mar 08, 2011, 03:49:00 AM
Dreams in the Witch House will destroy you emotionally.
:-X
Yes. Yes it will.

Though Brown Jenkin gave us a great use for baseball bats wrapped with barbed wire.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Mankind already did that with a 2x4!

TheMonolith

TheMonolith

Trust me, this guy earned the f**king bat.

To make it better, it should be wielded by this guy.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Friend of yours?

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Brown Jenkins is a little bastard.

Anyhoo, I've seen The Call of Cthulhu, the 2005 HPLHS adaptation of the classic Lovecraft tale. I've really liked it, it was an interesting idea to create the film how it would've been made in the time Lovecraft wrote the tale, and they got off the feel, indeed. The only giving off is that some of the actors felt too good for the 1920s :D But it's not really a downside. Would've liked it longer though, and the design for Cthulhu could've been... y'now... more something. It had that skinny neck and the octopus head on it looked a fair bit goofy. But the reveal was great!

Aeus

Aeus

I just read The Colour out of Space.

I was not ready for the sheer awesomeness I just experienced.

Shasvre

Shasvre

Just remembered these from the Tintin thread. :laugh:

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Just finished Call of Chtulhu. I love how Lovecraft brings all three parts of the story together, from Wilcox meeting Prof. Angell, to Lagresse showing the sculpture of Cthulhu at the meeting and it all goes back to narrator. Very nicely woven. But there's one thing I don't understand.

The island of R'lyeh rises up because the stars are right. But Cthulhu himself emerges simply because the sailors stumble across the island, yes? It could have been anybody who was there, but preferably, Cthulhu worshipers?

SM

SM

Quote from: DoomRulz on Mar 14, 2011, 10:32:53 PM
Just finished Call of Chtulhu. I love how Lovecraft brings all three parts of the story together, from Wilcox meeting Prof. Angell, to Lagresse showing the sculpture of Cthulhu at the meeting and it all goes back to narrator. Very nicely woven. But there's one thing I don't understand.

The island of R'lyeh rises up because the stars are right. But Cthulhu himself emerges simply because the sailors stumble across the island, yes? It could have been anybody who was there, but preferably, Cthulhu worshipers?
Yeah. Had Johansen and co not stopped the cultists, they would've landed and woken Cthulhu themselves.  Turns out the stars weren't quite right though and R'lyeh sank again.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: SM on Mar 14, 2011, 10:41:34 PM
Quote from: DoomRulz on Mar 14, 2011, 10:32:53 PM

Yeah. Had Johansen and co not stopped the cultists, they would've landed and woken Cthulhu themselves.  Turns out the stars weren't quite right though and R'lyeh sank again.

Odd; if the stars weren't right, why did it rise at all? Was Cthulhu bored :P

Aeus

Aeus

Cthulhu does as Cthulhu pleases.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed