The Lovecraft Thread

Started by OmegaZilla, Jan 18, 2011, 06:33:16 PM

Author
The Lovecraft Thread (Read 190,767 times)

Undeadite

Undeadite

Yeah, Moore almost certainly made that up for dramatic effect. Considering all of the possibilities for psychological scarring in his childhood and young adult life (his father dying of syphilis, his mother dying in a hospital and suffering from hysteria, the loss of his grandfather that mentored him, and his own physical and psychological issues), it is entirely possible that he never fully matured sexually.

But I don't think his sexuality was his biggest concern. If I had to guess, it was social isolation and depression. It comes out in his writing style; the first person, past tense confessional riddled with guilt. 

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Finished The Dunwich Horror yesterday.
Damn, this one was... so good. My favourite part is when it tears down Sally's house. Great sequence.
The revelation of the Horror at the end was terrific. Hah, I think I had nightmares tonight about that 'half-face with albino hair'. :P
And, as always, the twist at the end was great, even though we got an hint right before.

Shasvre

Shasvre

Sharp Sticks

Sharp Sticks

Quote from: Shasvre on Feb 28, 2011, 12:08:36 AM

Ooh, I'm kind of digging that one. The face has less human proportions than the usual Cthulhu fare, and there's a crustacean aspect, too. Works for me.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

At first glance I thought it was an old tree :P

Hive Tyrant

Hive Tyrant

Quote from: DoomRulz on Feb 28, 2011, 04:00:10 AM

At first glance I thought it was an old tree :P

At first glance I thought it was awesome.

Then I looked again and it was still awesome.

Sharp Sticks

Sharp Sticks

I'm looking again, and it just graduated from awesome to r'lyeh awesome.

Quote from: Sharp Sticks on Feb 28, 2011, 04:04:30 AM
I'm looking again, and it just graduated from awesome to r'lyeh awesome.

agreed

also i read this

it was pretty cool, it was based on a screenp[lay and i kind of wish it was made into a movie, basically the premise is, that lovecraft's stories were based on fact, that there really was a necronomicon, which he inherited from his father, and having read it, gained access to the dimension of Yog Sothoth

edit:
lol

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

My God. :D
I want to try that!

TheMonolith

TheMonolith

I see somebody finished Dunwich, one of the greatest horror stories ever concieved.

Quote from: AvatarIII on Feb 28, 2011, 10:17:21 AM
edit:
lol
http://a4.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/165113_10150091815375789_587640788_6054797_429019_n.jpg
The Truffle Shuffle has been outdone.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

I have to do that at some point. It's #1 on my geek-to-do list as of now!

i have a few ties to try it with, unfortunately none of them match or are green.

Undeadite

Undeadite

Here's a trailer for a new Spanish Lovecraft movie, called La Sombra Prohibita. Don't let the slow build up fool you... the ending needs to be seen by everyone.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YjKKptsL33I#ws

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Sweet trailer!
Kaboom at 1:20... totally unexpected. Really dynamic sequence, loved it.

Shasvre

Shasvre

Yeap, I'm definitely watching this. :)

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed