Recent posts

Quote from: SM on Apr 30, 2024, 11:01:16 PMCan only guess it was to avoid confusion by giving it two names.  The script had a line from Van Leuwen telling Ripley "They call it Acheron now".  And I think the sign was also supposed to have 'Acheron' too.
Peter Briggs pointed out on Twitter that the name Acheron is actually visible in the deleted colony scene when Simpson and Lydecker leave Operations.
Son of a bitch, I always thought he was just taking some gear off him or something!

That's 100% his upside down head.
Alien Films / Re: Aliens 4k release Opinions
Last post by SiL - Today at 07:57:16 AM
I'm interested to see it in motion and make my own judgment.
Recreational Area / Re: What are you listening to ...
Last post by Local Trouble - Today at 05:34:33 AM
Last post by SM - Today at 05:31:19 AM
Quote from: TheDerelict on Today at 05:17:11 AMI'm reticent to discuss the topic in question as I foolishly made the mistake the other day of mentioning that I bought and watched Aliens 4K and enjoyed it and was surprised that there were things that my eyes picked up that I just hadn't noticed before...

You would have thought I just been caught red handed setting fire to a hospital for terminally ill children.

Apparently there's problems with it about something something A.i and something something grain and teal colours and adding in extra Banthas and han shot first but greedo never shot at all...

Mate, I have no idea what anyone is talking about. All I watched was a film I had seen 100+ times that had a better picture quality than the blu ray.
I first saw Aliens in 1988 when I was 8 years old. I've seen it on TV, in a cinema 4 times, I've watched on a alone, I've watched on my iPhone, I've watched it on an iPod, I've owned it on both DVD and Blu ray. I've even watched it on a projector that was beamed onto the side of a metal container in the middle of the night in Helmand province Afghanistan...
And what I saw the other day when I watched it in 4K...was the same film, just looking slightly better.

My advice mate, if you like the film Aliens, buy it. It's a good film and now it looks better than ever.
But if you have the blu ray, keep that one too and if you can, buy a physical copy, that way if you don't like it you can get a refund.

Either way, I think Aliens 4K is fine and I'm willing to bet you will too. But on the off chance you find yourself getting angry about phantom A.I teal ghosts or whatever, go for a walk and breath some air. I get it mate, life can be pretty shit sometimes and we are all carrying around a lifetimes worth of pain from multiple events, but Aliens 4K shouldn't be one of them.

Best of luck in your decision and I hope you enjoy the film.

(For complete transparency, I am an individual who greatly enjoys the film Alien 3 and even thinks it's superior to its predecessor Aliens.)

I saw a lot of criticism of screen cap comparisons and I honestly couldn't see what the complaints were about.
Last post by Local Trouble - Today at 05:24:17 AM
Uh-oh
Last post by TheDerelict - Today at 05:17:11 AM
I'm reticent to discuss the topic in question as I foolishly made the mistake the other day of mentioning that I bought and watched Aliens 4K and enjoyed it and was surprised that there were things that my eyes picked up that I just hadn't noticed before...

You would have thought I just been caught red handed setting fire to a hospital for terminally ill children.

Apparently there's problems with it about something something A.i and something something grain and teal colours and adding in extra Banthas and han shot first but greedo never shot at all...

Mate, I have no idea what anyone is talking about. All I watched was a film I had seen 100+ times that had a better picture quality than the blu ray.
I first saw Aliens in 1988 when I was 8 years old. I've seen it on TV, in a cinema 4 times, I've watched on a alone, I've watched on my iPhone, I've watched it on an iPod, I've owned it on both DVD and Blu ray. I've even watched it on a projector that was beamed onto the side of a metal container in the middle of the night in Helmand province Afghanistan...
And what I saw the other day when I watched it in 4K...was the same film, just looking slightly better.

My advice mate, if you like the film Aliens, buy it. It's a good film and now it looks better than ever.
But if you have the blu ray, keep that one too and if you can, buy a physical copy, that way if you don't like it you can get a refund.

Either way, I think Aliens 4K is fine and I'm willing to bet you will too. But on the off chance you find yourself getting angry about phantom A.I teal ghosts or whatever, go for a walk and breath some air. I get it mate, life can be pretty shit sometimes and we are all carrying around a lifetimes worth of pain from multiple events, but Aliens 4K shouldn't be one of them.

Best of luck in your decision and I hope you enjoy the film.

(For complete transparency, I am an individual who greatly enjoys the film Alien 3 and even thinks it's superior to its predecessor Aliens.)
Recreational Area / Re: Last Movie You Watched
Last post by TheDerelict - Today at 04:40:20 AM
Quote from: Local Trouble on Yesterday at 11:28:12 PMI have never seen Thelma and Louise.
It's literally his third best movie, after G.I. Jane and Hannibal.
His best movie as I'm sure everyone would agree is Black Hawk Down. He just makes awesome films. War films, historical films, biopics etc.
would be good if he made a space movie or two. I know he made that one film about Jason Bourne on Mars but I really want something with monsters in it you know. That would be cool.

Alien: Romulus / Re: Alien: Romulus Catch-All T...
Last post by SiL - Today at 02:59:39 AM
Quote from: Local Trouble on Today at 02:22:58 AM
Quote from: SiL on Today at 02:13:06 AMAnd right on cue we swing wildly to the other extreme of "if you want to watch this you're just a mindless sheep".

This can all go away if you'll just pledge to buy a ticket on opening day and post a positive review of it afterward.
You pay for my ticket and I'll be there.
General Film/TV Discussion / Re: All Star Wars
Last post by xShadowFoxX - Today at 02:39:20 AM
I also feel the same about those Inquisitor lightsabers, but the whip just makes my head explode, Legends or otherwise.
AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed