Prometheus and Alien: Ridley Scott’s feeling for flutes

Started by Corporal Hicks, Jun 20, 2018, 02:20:50 PM

Author
Prometheus and Alien: Ridley Scott’s feeling for flutes (Read 9,349 times)

Scorpio

I understand that you don't have the time, but a few minutes on google isn't going to debunk anything.

A few hoaxes and errors doesn't discredit all the information.

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: Scorpio on Jun 21, 2018, 07:17:40 AM
I understand that you don't have the time, but a few minutes on google isn't going to debunk anything.

A few hoaxes and errors doesn't discredit all the information.

Tons of errors, in fact (and only if we count Von Daniken). However, that last reply proves to me that you don't know so much about the matter beyond your confirmation bias or you are just trolling as usual. Goodnight.

Scorpio

That's kind of interesting since you only searched for information that 'debunks' the theory, and accuse me of confirmation bias.

And "trolling", that old chestnut.

whiterabbit

Ancient astronauts is like any holy text, it makes for a great story but is ultimately wishful speculation.

Scorpio

It's wishful speculation to think that the reality you're currently experiencing is all there is. 

With so many people of all walks of life claiming to have had encounters with aliens or the paranormal, as well as seen evidence - either they're all kooks, liars or mistaken - or there's something to it.

It's ok to be skeptical, but closing your mind off completely..  As Aristotle said "It is the mark of an educated mind to entertain an idea without accepting it"

SM

Of all these people, why is there no credible evidence?

OpenMaw

Quote from: SM on Jun 21, 2018, 11:07:39 AM
Of all these people, why is there no credible evidence?

None, zilch, notta.

Anything that happens when you're half asleep or have just been asleep is not valid.
Any "lights" that you can't explain are not proof of aliens. They're lights in the sky.

I don't believe there is alien life out there. I know it's out there. Our galaxy, to say nothing of the universe, is just too big. Not to mention just how common the elements in life as we know throughout the universe.

But there's a HUGE difference between that, and saying that aliens developed advanced technology, came to Earth tof ly around in strange patterns, mutilate some cows, and every now and again abduct some half asleep buffoon out of his bed and stick something up his or her butt.

I think the flute is very fitting of Prometheus and Covenant, seeing as how they both blow.

Baron Von Marlon

Quote from: OpenMaw on Jun 21, 2018, 05:07:42 PMI think the flute is very fitting of Prometheus and Covenant, seeing as how they both blow.

Then why spend time on a forum dedicated to those two movies?
Just curious...

OpenMaw

Quote from: Baron Von Marlon on Jun 21, 2018, 05:38:58 PM
Quote from: OpenMaw on Jun 21, 2018, 05:07:42 PMI think the flute is very fitting of Prometheus and Covenant, seeing as how they both blow.

Then why spend time on a forum dedicated to those two movies?
Just curious...

Because I invested years into them before they came out, because I watched them, because they disappointed me, and because I feel the need to express it.

Evanus

You're such a disappointment to me.

whiterabbit

And here I thought OpenMaw adored prometheus?

Quote from: Scorpio on Jun 21, 2018, 09:13:29 AM
It's wishful speculation to think that the reality you're currently experiencing is all there is. 

With so many people of all walks of life claiming to have had encounters with aliens or the paranormal, as well as seen evidence - either they're all kooks, liars or mistaken - or there's something to it.

It's ok to be skeptical, but closing your mind off completely..  As Aristotle said "It is the mark of an educated mind to entertain an idea without accepting it"
Well I did say it's wishful speculation and not out right phony baloney. Of all the things I've see reported and I do watch that ancient astronaut show every now and again. It can all be explained logically. Most of the time, aliens, is the most unrealistic choice.

And no offense to anyone but a whole lot of people in the world are superstitious, conspiracist, poorly educated, diseased, out right dumb or simply unable to take care of themselves. Then you have the those that are the opposite of all of that. The only answer for them, no one's perfect.

I'll admit here that I have experienced some weird shit in my life and I do have superstitious beliefs that I don't care to dare. Also conspiracies do happen but no where as often as some believe. However aliens visiting is highly, very much probably unlikely. Do aliens exist? I do believe that 100% though. Did aliens perhaps make a stop by at some point? That I do think has a tiny chance but I doubt they ever came back or even noticed us. The universe is just so damn huge.

Scorpio

Scorpio

Modern science is as much a religious, agenda-driven, profit maximising enterprise as organised religion.  Putting your faith in 'science' is the same as putting your faith in anything else. 

Everybody has different beliefs.  And of those, many (like you) believe their beliefs are superior.  A kind of fascism.  To walk around with the attitude "my beliefs are superior to yours".  Just like every authoritarian ideology.

Your truth is different to my truth, respect that people have different beliefs to yours and yours aren't superior.  Don't mean to preach as I have been guilty of the same, but it's time to break out of this egoism and mental conditioning.

Not to say that there aren't harmful ideologies out there, particularly when they become institutionalised.  Such as the current virtue signalling/racism going on, as part of a global agenda to demonise 'white people'.  I say 'global agenda' because it is happening in country after country all around the world, at the same time.  Which sounds, at least to me, that it might be a bit more than just a coincidence.

whiterabbit

Most if not all scientist want proof that aliens exist. When that proof arrives it'll be one helluva day.

Yet nothing we've seen up until now is backed up with evidence and the "you must have faith button" isn't going to cut it.

Scorpio

What if they do have proof and they're just not releasing it to the public?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed