Amaterasu

Quote from: JokersWarPig on Jun 26, 2013, 09:53:30 PM
He may have a steroid problem but at least he emotes, unlike the newer Leon

Ha-ha, yeah. XD

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: Amaterasu on Jun 26, 2013, 09:35:04 PM
Quote from: KiramidHead on Jun 26, 2013, 09:19:39 PM
So Chris isn't a total roid raging moron when you play as Sheva? Huh.

Not really. When I really need him, he fails horribly. DX

I still can't believe he punched that boulder.  :laugh:

Why do you think his arms were so big? lol

Amaterasu

Amaterasu

Quote from: DoomRulz on Jun 27, 2013, 02:47:38 AM
Quote from: Amaterasu on Jun 26, 2013, 09:35:04 PM
Quote from: KiramidHead on Jun 26, 2013, 09:19:39 PM
So Chris isn't a total roid raging moron when you play as Sheva? Huh.

Not really. When I really need him, he fails horribly. DX

I still can't believe he punched that boulder.  :laugh:

Why do you think his arms were so big? lol

Hey, ask the obsessed fangirls. XD

King Rathalos

King Rathalos

To do the typical complaint: Crapcum sold out to dem gearz of werz n's cock of doody fenz.

It's actually explained in the in game character files that he started training harder to be stronger if he ever met Wesker again.

Me? I just chalk it up to the games art direction which was meant to be more action movie like anyways. Even back when the game looked more like a proper horror game. :P

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Eh, Chris was always kind of lame to me. He has an entire scene in the remake where he does nothing but shout "BRAD! THIS IS CHRIS!" into a broken radio for several minutes.

Amaterasu

Amaterasu

I'll always be a fan of Nicholai Ginovaef. :3

SiL

SiL

Quote from: DoomRulz on Jun 26, 2013, 08:05:02 AM
Stupid question, but why does that bug you?
I'm not the one who throws the term "misogynist" around like a lot of people do when talking about video games, but ... that's exactly what this feels like. There's literally no reason the female zombies should sound as human as they do when the males sound like bargain basement monsters. Someone, at some point, made the conscious decision for that to be how the game played out and I cannot for the life of me think of any other justification one could have for doing so.

TJ Doc

TJ Doc

I popped in Metal Gear Solid: The Twin Snakes for the first time in about nine years. Spent half an hour trying to get out of the first room, before spending even longer in the second and eventually giving up.

I don't know how I ever managed to finish this game in the first place.

... I don't even like MGS.

Eh.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: TJ Doc on Jun 28, 2013, 12:44:56 AM
I popped in Metal Gear Solid: The Twin Snakes for the first time in about nine years. Spent half an hour trying to get out of the first room, before spending even longer in the second and eventually giving up.

Eh.

So why did you get it in the first place?

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

Quote from: TJ Doc on Jun 28, 2013, 12:44:56 AM

Eh.

Twin Snakes is a piece of crap remake of an amazing game.

TJ Doc

TJ Doc

I know it's basically a reskinned Sons of Liberty, but the original game looks and plays like reheated arse biscuits now (it's up there with Resident Evil and Tomb Raider for the title of most horribly dated PS1 game), so I'm all for Silicon Knights' improvements.

And the story was already terrible, but at least the melodramatic John Woo cutscene extensions made TS enjoyably bad (though I can't stand David Hayter's godawful early 80s Kurt Russell impression).

The fact that I suck BALLS at it doesn't help much, I admit, but it's all so friggin' lame. :P

Quote from: DoomRulz on Jun 28, 2013, 03:03:07 AM
So why did you get it in the first place?

Because it lets you hide in a cardboard box and climaxes with two shirtless, mulleted men fighting on top of a giant robot. 

Keg

Keg

Definately a perspective thing. MGS was and still is one of my favourite games ever and I bought a Gamecube a few years back just to play Twin Snakes. Some of the cutscenes are a bit silly, but some of them are much better, mostly anything with the Ninja. Some of the dialogue changes are a bit weak and the music in parts isnt as memorable. Overall though I prefer it because visually it fits with the rest of the series a bit better and the MGS2 controls and abilities are a bit easier to swallow.

I played Twin Snakes a matter of weeks ago and I find it really easy. I got all the way the warhead hangar before being spotted and setting of an alert. In the original game that would have killed me, but I slipped my gas mask on, hid in the back of the truck and eventually the alert faded and the room cleared of gas.

If youve got the patience because you loved the game the first time it doesnt feel that dated and its not that difficult. That first area in the game I never leave until they're all dead or knocked out. The helipad bit I always have to knock out the guy on the right side who's walking through the snow, and then I drag him to the edge of the cliff and throw him off through the gate. It's like a MGS OCD. I just have to do it.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Quote from: Keg on Jun 28, 2013, 10:00:56 PM
Definately a perspective thing. MGS was and still is one of my favourite games ever and I bought a Gamecube a few years back just to play Twin Snakes. Some of the cutscenes are a bit silly, but some of them are much better, mostly anything with the Ninja. Some of the dialogue changes are a bit weak and the music in parts isnt as memorable. Overall though I prefer it because visually it fits with the rest of the series a bit better and the MGS2 controls and abilities are a bit easier to swallow.

I played Twin Snakes a matter of weeks ago and I find it really easy. I got all the way the warhead hangar before being spotted and setting of an alert. In the original game that would have killed me, but I slipped my gas mask on, hid in the back of the truck and eventually the alert faded and the room cleared of gas.

If youve got the patience because you loved the game the first time it doesnt feel that dated and its not that difficult. That first area in the game I never leave until they're all dead or knocked out. The helipad bit I always have to knock out the guy on the right side who's walking through the snow, and then I drag him to the edge of the cliff and throw him off through the gate. It's like a MGS OCD. I just have to do it.

I always lead that guy around in a circle.

"Who's footprints are these?"

*knock knock*

"What was that?"

*beat*

"Who's footprints are these?"

TJ Doc

TJ Doc

I do like how they can only see in cones.

Keg

Keg

"Be careful Snake, the genome soldiers have highly developed senses of hearing and vision" - Dr Naomi Hunter.

What a f**king liar.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed