Started by DerelictShip, Jul 07, 2013, 12:50:59 AM

Author
NECA Aliens (Read 858,482 times)

StayFrosty

StayFrosty

Guess Neca is done making these, eh?

JokersWarPig

JokersWarPig

They're still making them. Drake was confirmed as well as a number of Xeno's. I'm pretty sure the issue has been with the factories in China. The Chinese government did some sort of crack down and it affected some companies more than others.

windebieste

windebieste

Oh, NECA are still very committed to making ALIEN stuff.

I posted this recent NECA Twitter Flood on HIDEOUS PLASTIC this morning..

-Windebieste.

dHunter333

dHunter333

neca said they'd be showing 4 new alien figures at sdcc
i am hoping to see series 13, which is supposed to be alien resurrection, which will obviously be ripley, warrior, and newborn
and maybe drake as a 1 off...?

series 14 is supposed to be avp r
series 15 presumably is kenner
and series 16 will be alien 40th anniversary
if they are able to get back on schedule...i could see series 14 turning into the alien 40th anniversary figures, then 15 being kenner, then 16 being avp r finally jeeze
but if that happens, the alien avp r figures wont coincide with ultimate wolf...
god i really hope to get an avp queen with chains, alien hive walls that connect, alien queen cocoon, and hypersleep capsules
not for sdcc, but in general

bobby brown

bobby brown

Working joe plzzz.

I would appreciate something a bit more fun and unusual. maybe a malfunctioning Ash with karate hands and removable head, Or
a cocooned victim set, or just more from the Capcom game I adore so much.

skull-splitter

skull-splitter

Working joes would be my top choice too...

windebieste

windebieste

Mine also.  Working Joe, please NECA. 

Eaglemoss will probably make one, though. 

-Windebieste.

The Old One

The Old One

Working Joes and film accurate Neomorphs and Aliens would be great.

Gridseeker

Gridseeker

Yeah, working joes were creepy! Neca could make the variant with the orange like hood version.

OpenMaw

OpenMaw

Quote from: Gridseeker on Jun 03, 2018, 01:00:54 AM
Yeah, working joes were creepy! Neca could make the variant with the orange like hood version.

Could probably do that with a cleverly sculpted head swap.

I'd love a working joe to go with my Ripley. If only she had her maintenance jack.

windebieste

windebieste

NECA have openly stated that Human characters don't sell well.  Even characters like Bishop and Call are essentially 'human', in that they look human.  Aliens will always sell.  Everyone loves the monsters.  As for the Working Joes.  They kind of fall in the middle.  Clearly they're not human just by looking at them - yet they're definitely not monsters, either.  They're kind of like animated mannequins with attitude.

Their unique quality is what would make a WJ a successful figure, as far as I am concerned. There really is nothing like them in the Property.  The orange suited plastic faced Autons are ideally suited to being represented in action figure format, too.  No hair, rubbery skin and expressionless face would be a great sculpt subject, with a successfully accurate looking figure very highly possible. 

Then there's the army building component.  WJ's are absolutely ideal subject for army building!  I'd love to see dioramas with Amanda, hiding behind a piece of equipment with 2 or 3 WJ's milling around the place with Stompy dropping down from an air shaft nearby. 

Of all the ALIEN characters NECA could still make, I'd put the WJ at the top of the list for these reasons.

bobby brown

bobby brown

Imagine an ash figure with an action feature, like a lever on his back that operates his karate arms. and maybe a milk squirting feature.

f**kingmakeitneca.

OpenMaw

OpenMaw

He needs to have a rolled up news paper accessory to go with.

It's a shame that, at least as far as I can recall, Ian Holm doesn't want his likeness used on anything. Same reason we never got a proper Kane figure without the hugger as John Hurt didn't want his likeness on it.

The Old One

The Old One

Quote from: OpenMaw on Jun 03, 2018, 07:18:11 PM
He needs to have a rolled up news paper accessory to go with.

It's a shame that, at least as far as I can recall, Ian Holm doesn't want his likeness used on anything. Same reason we never got a proper Kane figure without the hugger as John Hurt didn't want his likeness on it.

I'm sure the Bilbo Baggins I had as a kid has Ian Holm's likeness.

The Old One

The Old One

Are we ever going to get a good Neomorph figure?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed