Melee Punch or Melee WEapon?

Started by acrediblesource, Aug 05, 2021, 07:01:04 PM

Author
Melee Punch or Melee WEapon? (Read 1,895 times)

Corporal Hicks

AvP2 had a knife too...wouldn't have recommended using it against the Aliens...

The Necronoir

The Necronoir

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Aug 09, 2021, 09:40:07 AM
AvP2 had a knife too...wouldn't have recommended using it against the Aliens...

Good point. I forget because I never actually used it. Always figured it was there mainly as an homage to the Predator side of things (ie Billy, and to a lesser extent Dutch).

razeak

razeak

Lol at the thought of punching the alien and doing damage. Go punch a tiger. Even one that is mortally wounded. Not happening. We can't hardly beat a 50 lbs dog. Have you ever punched a person? It's not like the movies. Unless you catch that sweet spot, most people will absorb quite a bit of punishment. Now imagine the hard armor of an alien. How far from it's face is the brain? Loads of factors.

The only thing even remotely feasible physically would be to lock one around the body from behind while it was mauling someone else, and if you had enough strength and adrenaline you might get it off it's feet for a second, but it would probably twist around so fast it wouldn't matter. 

I could see 3 or 4 people maybe tripping it up for a second while it was ripping them to shreds, nothing more. That is very suspect too. It would be like trying to gang up ona gorilla, but worse.

xxx

xxx

Quote from: razeak on Aug 14, 2021, 04:43:53 PM
Lol at the thought of punching the alien and doing damage. Go punch a tiger. Even one that is mortally wounded. Not happening. We can't hardly beat a 50 lbs dog. Have you ever punched a person? It's not like the movies. Unless you catch that sweet spot, most people will absorb quite a bit of punishment. Now imagine the hard armor of an alien. How far from it's face is the brain? Loads of factors.

The only thing even remotely feasible physically would be to lock one around the body from behind while it was mauling someone else, and if you had enough strength and adrenaline you might get it off it's feet for a second, but it would probably twist around so fast it wouldn't matter. 

I could see 3 or 4 people maybe tripping it up for a second while it was ripping them to shreds, nothing more. That is very suspect too. It would be like trying to gang up ona gorilla, but worse.
sounds accurate :)

Drukathi

Drukathi

Aliens look too small, aliens sound too quiet. And now - you can't punch the alien. This topic is already doomed.

Huggs

Huggs

Can they be tickled?

Samhain13

Samhain13

I hate melee in these games. Even on my beloved AVP2 being able to kill aliens with it was stupid. Then came AVP2010 marine melee system which you could punch aliens and predators. ACM had some of that too of course. Then PHG parry system, f**king predator axes and swords being blocked by a butter knife. Hate you all.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed