The Warhammer 40k Thread

Started by The Kurgan, Dec 09, 2018, 02:19:07 PM

Author
The Warhammer 40k Thread (Read 65,345 times)

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

Quote from: Local Trouble on Apr 17, 2024, 06:18:15 PMNow I get why CB hates what they did to the necrons.

Vindication!

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

I wonder if this was a prerequisite to getting the TV show made.  The Custodes are Henry Cavill's chosen faction, so it wouldn't surprise me if he was told that he had to make some of them women if he wanted to feature them at all.

As a compromise, he may have said that the fans will roast him alive if they're introduced in his show, so GW will have to do it in the game first.

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

There's a lot of speculation that there'll be a central female Custodes character in the show with this. I'm 200% fine with that if so, because it's not an Astartes which would actually be irritating.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

That's why it doesn't bother me, just the "we've always been at war with Eastasia" tactic that GW is using.

Thatguy2068

Thatguy2068

All right for real, is there any source that says that all crusade are all males or did we just assume they are?

Local Trouble

SiL

SiL

This is why I stuck with Tyranids.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Quote from: SiL on Apr 22, 2024, 06:29:11 AMThis is why I stuck with Tyranids.

Appropriate.

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

Quote from: Thatguy2068 on Apr 22, 2024, 04:26:08 AMAll right for real, is there any source that says that all crusade are all males or did we just assume they are?

It goes from being implied but not directly stated they're a male order, to being totally ambiguous, to being arguably all male (with wiggle room because of how English works), to now definitely having female members, over the space of several editions.

It has never been explicitly stated at any point they are single sex, for either biological reasons like Astartes or cultural ones like the Sororitas.

Anyone who is genuinely mad about it or wants you to be is a cuck of the highest order.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

If there were always female Custodes, there should be a damn good reason why we've never seen or heard of any examples until now.  Like a really lop-sized ratio or something.  Make it make sense.  That's all I ask.

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

Quote from: Local Trouble on Apr 22, 2024, 09:03:58 PMIf there were always female Custodes, there should be a damn good reason why we've never seen or heard of any examples until now.  Like a really lop-sized ratio or something.  Make it make sense.  That's all I ask.

At worst, it's a (pretty soft) retcon that barely changes a faction that shouldn't even be an in-game faction outside of 30k in the first place. My question, with no hint of trolling, is "why do you even give a shit?". 

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

The Custodes have become a lot more active since Guilliman returned.  Some are with him and others are going around to the various chapters to set them up with Primaris reinforcements.

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

That change to their fluff annoys me a lot more than there being stinky girls allowed in.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

You just prefer old-school beep-boop Custodes.

And at least their recent activities are acknowledged as a new thing, rather than an "always have been" thing.

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

I prefer a sandbox setting with a lot of legends and ambiguity to an ongoing narrative full of superheroes.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed